• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#361 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Any chance you can re-release the full CAb showtime for mfme dad, I found bfmemulator a lot harder to convert compared to jpmemu, tried doing club make a million classic for a possible dx but wasn't having it, I did make a million yonks back or someone did it for me.

Possibly.  I've managed to extract the artwork from the Amber layout so that's a start.

#362 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Make a Mint, finally initialised properly when I made checkbox 48 6,0. Was giving up hope by then lol.

Thanks again.

#363 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Would be good to see the old Jpemu Catalogue converted to MFME :)
Posted Image

#364 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

No wounder i couldnt get big banker working, didnt know there was a conversion tool. I went of JPeMu to MFME 2.0 Conversion guide of here,managed to get the lamps and reels and artwork of it but couldnt get it working and just downloaded the tool from mecca and tryed big banker but getting an error when trying to convert

#365 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

There are several that don't convert with the tool. The latest version of the tool I see is 3.0 from 2005\2006. It's still an impressive tool though.

Big Banker converts but the disc reel in the middle is a mess. I remember the initial release alteremu saying about the card symbols on the reel being tiny. Big Wheel has an error as I previously said, in this thread.

Those that do convert then generally will work, particularly jpemu layouts.

Once converted, add the background and roms.

Then I found it's a matter of setting the stake/prize, the meters, lamping the reels, holding ctrl and dragging the off screen buttons onto the graphical buttons on the DX and adding a coin mech. Finally I've since found out adding transparency to some lamps, is required to stop the black borders and graphical glitches around them.

Ca$h Vegas Strip by Pook converts ok, I just need to add a coin mech to it. That one needed lots of lamps set to transparent.

Edited by wearecity, 16 June 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#366 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

as said i converted a few then turned em into mini mfme's lol iirc they were euphoria, go for gold, i think stardust classic's,  pinball wizard maybe popeye n olive but not completely some may of already been mfme layouts previous to me re-making them.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#367 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

Most of the conversion errors on Pete's Conversion Tool are down to bad, reel.bmp images.  A bug in the converter that Pete would need to fix I think.  You can get around it by adding the .bmp images the converter is looking for into the same folder you're converting the layout, in.  That's how I converted some of the bad, JPeMu layouts that gave me errors.

Got Cheese's DX of Big Wheel converted, here.  This was one such layout that gave me the errors previously mentioned.  Big Wheel, and Caesars Palace are two of my all-time favourite Impact machines. :)

Attached Files

Edited by ploggy, 16 June 2017 - 08:23 PM.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#368 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Most of the conversion errors on Pete's Conversion Tool are down to bad, reel.bmp images.  A bug in the converter that Pete would need to fix I think.  You can get around it by adding the .bmp images the converter is looking for into the same folder you're converting the layout, in.  That's how I converted some of the bad, JPeMu layouts that gave me errors.

Got Cheese's DX of Big Wheel converted, here.  This was one such layout that gave me the errors previously mentioned.  Big Wheel, and Caesars Palace are two of my all-time favourite Impact machines. :)

here's the above layout with the £1/token buttons now up top and reels from my classics as the red "super"seven is the correct one, also changed the shortcut for the bonus to "X" As was conflicting with the cashbox feature button also re did the reel masks

Attached Files

#369 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:27 AM

Possibly.  I've managed to extract the artwork from the Amber layout so that's a start.

Bad news on this one.  I've extracted on/off images from the Amber version but for some reason there's minor pixel differences between the two causing some of the lamps to jump.  I'll check my old PC and see if I still have the original art on it, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

#370 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but what if one of the arts were a pixel out in size I had this with jokers wild?

#371 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but what if one of the arts were a pixel out in size I had this with jokers wild?

Had to read this a few times to understand what you actually meant, but no they're both exactly the same size.  Strangely, It's just the odd lamp which is out.

#372 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

Here's Pook's Ca$h Vegas Strip, converted from Jpemu to MFME.

Any newbies, if you want to see what transparency does, in edit mode, drag so the sideart is viewable, right click any of the cash amount, choose properties and then check transparent and it gets rid of the black border.

Unfortunately, I failed to do this for several lamps on Go for Gold and Caesars Palace conversions, I attached a few posts back. The trail on Go for Gold and the number trail on Caesars in particular. Watch them in attract mode and you'll see what needs doing. 

Attached Files

#373 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

When trying to convert this it gives a Identifier expected on line 18492 error. :err: Do you know what this means and how to get around it   :D

#374 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Found a way to get the Showtime lamps working properly, so an updated layout is on its way  :)  Be a day or two.

#375 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

thanks again wearecity, did anyone have a go at converting club make a million on the bfmemu also think there's a couple of other clubbers, safecracker is one i think

another couple are mdm's gold reserve never released within mfme and what appears to be a £4.80 cash attraction i'm sure pook did a better one for bfmemu

Edited by vectra666, 17 June 2017 - 05:01 PM.

#376 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

Scorpion 2 High Flyer conversion from Bfmulator to MFME. Sorry I don't know who did the original.

Works fine, just can't get it at £10 Jackpot, managed to set it as 25p play, as per the background, with £8 jackpot. When originally converting it, it converted to 5p £8.

Edited by wearecity, 17 June 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#377 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

Sorry I took the attachment down, when I realised, that key shortcuts are not converted and also one button was missing (change number). Made the alterations.

Attached Files

#378 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Scorpion 2 High Flyer conversion from Bfmulator to MFME. Sorry I don't know who did the original.

Works fine, just can't get it at £10 Jackpot, managed to set it as 25p play, as per the background, with £8 jackpot. When originally converting it, it converted to 5p £8.

That would be me ;)

#379 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

When trying to convert this it gives a Identifier expected on line 18492 error. :err: Do you know what this means and how to get around it   :D

I don't, mate.  Another bug I would imagine.  Maybe someone can message Pete and see if he can update his conversion tool. :)

thanks again wearecity, did anyone have a go at converting club make a million on the bfmemu also think there's a couple of other clubbers, safecracker is one i think

another couple are mdm's gold reserve never released within mfme and what appears to be a £4.80 cash attraction i'm sure pook did a better one for bfmemu

I'll take a look at Gold Reserve.  Should be easy enough to do.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#380 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

Haha, been working on Gold Reserve

This one came with a manual, so was able to set stake/prize correctly.

Sorry no name on DX, so don't know whose it is.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users