Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Project Amber 2 has been released, sort of...

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

I have let it out early for testing, it is available to all, but due to circumstances I can't be arsed to type out again I've released it in an Alpha, slightly unfinished state.

Once It reaches the stage where I wanted it to be then I will post updates here and at dads, until then I will only be posting software updates on dadsfme.

Feel free to share the emu around amongst yourselves if you cant get on dads for whatever reason.

http://dadsfme.co.uk...pic=360.new#new

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:01 PM

If anyone wants to repost things here, feel free, but please ensure any warnings are copied along with the software. And the ROMs, Layouts, and Emulator should not be packaged together please.

Edited by Guitar, 01 July 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

Massive thanks again for all of your hard work.

Please can I request that we try to ensure that anything that gets uploaded to DADSFME also gets uploaded here... Many thanks.

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:36 PM

well said aamusements as we're all in this together! and thankyou guitar for releasing it in whatever state or form its in, thankyou for you past and continued work in keeping the scene alive its much appreciated by All 

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

That Is AWESOME!

Thank you sooo much. been waiting a long time for this :)

Attached Files

#6 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

Good news. It does kind of make sense to keep all the emulator updates and upgrades on one site.

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:09 AM

bravo!

#8 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

*RUMMAGES FOR BANNERS* Hurray! Thanks for ALL your brilliant hard and dedicated work Guitar, and all the other people who have contributed to create healthy FME status once again!

I can't wait to play some epoch machines! :D 

Connor55!

#9 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hey Guitar, please PM me the project amber 2. I cannot seem to register to Dadsfme at all as it requires an image captcha and my computer's playing up reading it. Also want to share this file with my mate Sarah, would like the Simpsons ROMs. Can't wait to get this going after my big trampoline competition today!

#10 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

It don't work for me yet.

#11 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hey Guitar, please PM me the project amber 2. I cannot seem to register to Dadsfme at all as it requires an image captcha and my computer's playing up reading it. Also want to share this file with my mate Sarah, would like the Simpsons ROMs. Can't wait to get this going after my big trampoline competition today!

PM Sent

#12 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

I am running windows 10. 64 bit. I can run the 32 bit program, But i had to install the web installer of dx11 and then also download the files for the visual c++ as it kept coming up with 

"The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Its running fine now though.

#13 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

I am running windows 10. 64 bit. I can run the 32 bit program, But i had to install the web installer of dx11 and then also download the files for the visual c++ as it kept coming up with 
"The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
Its running fine now though.

There are still a few issues such as this which is why I said it's not the polished product I wanted it to be yet. But I'm glad you got it running.

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

got it running first time. thank you guitar !

#15 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thank you for the release...

I won't be playing it as I use a far better operating system than Windows (OS X) and of course it isn't adapted for the Apple operating system.

I'm not bothered that I can't play but a big majority of FME members now can... and I am very appreciative of that fact after such a void for them in its emulator history.

Here's hoping for a much more active scene once more... thank you :)

#16 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

Guitar.. Can i just tell you how much I love the editor on Amber 2. Its amazing, and how quickly I managed to edit the lamps on the simpsons layout you released. I hope you dont mind but ive uploaded my altered version to show everyone how great your editor can make them look. 

I look forward to seeing more in future, and i hope to add some myself. (also, is there a way of clicking and dragging the lamps or can you just use the X/Y axis number.

Cheers Again matey.

Attached Files

#17 prizeguy2005

prizeguy2005

• Regulars
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

nick yer pesos what exactly did you download to get it working i have windows 7 getting the error codes you initially got

#18 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

nick yer pesos what exactly did you download to get it working i have windows 7 getting the error codes you initially got

I'm on Windows 8 and I have them also. 

Connor55

#19 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:30 PM

Im on win 8 had a few problems at first, you need to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 or x64.

#20 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

Im on win 8 had a few problems at first, you need to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 or x64.

I don't suppose you have a link as many come up and I don't fancy viruses ;) if ya know what I mean...

Thanks eitherway :) 

Connor55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users