Multiple accounts = ban

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:57 PM

I think I had one, made when I got my dementia, so as I could pop on incognito, but typical me, I 'forgot' about it!

It is username 'forgetmenot''!

The irony... delete it if you want... I never used it for posting anyway lol

I didn't mean you Daryl, and like we could ever forget you!  :)

#62 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

Daryl who?

(See Daryl's 'Weird Phonecall' thread)

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#63 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

There are some users still attempting to set up duplicate accounts.

If you've lost access to your original account then please contact me before setting up a new one.

Otherwise, stop it.

#64 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

There are some users still attempting to set up duplicate accounts.

If you've lost access to your original account then please contact me before setting up a new one.

Otherwise, stop it.

Or stop being a tight wad leech & donate.

#65 meme3

meme3

SocialDragon368

• Regulars
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

Or stop being a tight wad leech & donate.

Or just go to desertislandfruits, become a member, introduce yourself, then download a few legacy layouts. 

#66 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

Or just go to desertislandfruits, become a member, introduce yourself, then download a few legacy layouts. 

Or donate first to DIF, then download.

Cockwomble, any site, bandwidth has to be paid for you know?

NQ.

#67 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

Nice to see you've donated???? :err: 

#68 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:34 PM

POPULAR

You really are a 42 carrot bell end aren't you.

Hold the bells mate.

#69 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:50 PM

i agree he is an idiot lol

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#70 Neophyte

Neophyte

• Regulars
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

37sil1.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

#71 James

James

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Donator

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

Legit lol'd.  One of the best replies i've read in ages.

#72 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:13 PM

f*** em. If you cant throw a few quid to sites that bring you pleasure maybe you should reconsider a new hobby, like playing with the traffic outside!! 

#73 1994jamesj

1994jamesj

• New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

It depends on the reason and purpose of multiple accounts.
If they are proven to have been used for nefarious or malicious purposes then it's probably a ban.

One account set up to game the download limits will simply be deleted, further vexatious and continuing creations of accounts will mean a ban.

Old accounts that people have genuinely forgotten about but are still active, or new accounts that users set up because they forget passwords, should generally be merged. If someone has an account access problem they should have used the reset facility or contacted me before they created a new one...

Long story short, in an ideal world no one should have more than one live account.

Fair point there mate

#74 meme3

meme3

SocialDragon368

• Regulars
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:43 PM

Or donate first to DIF, then download.

Cockwomble, any site, bandwidth has to be paid for you know?

NQ.

Also DIF follows the same rule.

#75 Guest_chris82_*

Guest_chris82_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:36 PM

I don’t post that often but have been a member for a while.

I’ve tried to donate to this site again, but don’t use PayPal, so as per last year, I wanted to pay my donation by bank transfer.

Weeks have passed and I still cannot donate as nobody has sent me instructions of where to send my payment to.

I’ve previously posted about this and sent a ticket or two but still haven’t been able to pay my support as there’s
Been no response.

I’m not being funny but can kind of see why people may feel no option but to create a duplicate account.

And no I’ve not created myself multiple accounts

I’ve paid support at DIF, so why doesn’t this site want my money?

#76 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:17 PM

I’ve tried to donate to this site again, but don’t use PayPal, so as per last year, I wanted to pay my donation by bank transfer.

Weeks have passed and I still cannot donate as nobody has sent me instructions of where to send my payment to.

I’ve previously posted about this and sent a ticket or two but still haven’t been able to pay my support as there’s
Been no response.

I’m not being funny but can kind of see why people may feel no option but to create a duplicate account.

I believe this site has been abandoned by the owner and is being kept alive by the people who have the tech knowledge to keep it up and running. Those people I believe can't do anything about payments.

So I think you may be stuck.

#77 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:52 PM

Been no response.

I'd stick with Dads, DIF or even The Mecca. At least they are serious about things and don't run away.

#78 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:37 PM

Been no response.

the layouts you require if any from here are available via the legacy section on DIF also there;s always the geddy dvd service which has all the layouts from the past on there

now this pains me to say as i love this site like a second home, my birthplace of emulation

this attitude towards this site from it's owner is why the sites dying, as you can see this is why there's no £100 layouts available on this site, due to the owners lack of care, which is a bloody shame in my eyes, layouts should be available across the forums to all that donate through them.

if this was a high street business it would've been closed doors a long time back

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#79 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:54 PM

Very well said Vecs

#80 Guest_chris82_*

Guest_chris82_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:15 PM

the layouts you require if any from here are available via the legacy section on DIF also there;s always the geddy dvd service which has all the layouts from the past on there

now this pains me to say as i love this site like a second home, my birthplace of emulation

this attitude towards this site from it's owner is why the sites dying, as you can see this is why there's no £100 layouts available on this site, due to the owners lack of care, which is a bloody shame in my eyes, layouts should be available across the forums to all that donate through them.

if this was a high street business it would've been closed doors a long time back

Thanks for the reply vecs

Im in agreement with you about the owners lack of care. It is a shame as this was the site i first came to many years ago and stuck with. I had a look for the legacy section in dif but wasnt sure as i think it said something about the roms being missing, so i was only downloading the ones that were full working layouts.

Might need to contact geddy for the dvd so i can get all the older layouts, mines are on a machine thats broken and ive moved from house to house to house with it.

Keep meaning to get a usb to hard drive adapter to see if i can recover all the data.

Whats happened to the owner anyway, has he gone off somewhere or just a lack of care?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users