• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Sorry but I feel no better about things after reading your reply.

Obviously 'something' has gone on 'somewhere' for all this to have got to the place it has.

I notice that there was no response regarding another 'rules' page, so I take it there is only the one page, which doesn't make any mention of rules regarding pm's, and certainly has no mention of it being a sanctionable or bannable offence.

I personally have never had a problem with disclosing certain content sent to me via a 'personal message' if it is info which I think people should be aware of, not to shit stir in any way, but to warn people if they maybe taking a risk regarding dealing with someone, or if  stops someone from getting ripped off etc etc.  In fact such info has been passed on to certain staff members here, by me, before they ever became staff members, and not once from anyone who has received any info, has anyone said that they wouldn't read it and that I shouldn't have sent it to them.

They are usually grateful at being warned, a prime example of this, was the fiasco with the guy who ripped jamespelhamjr off (I can't be arsed listing all his usernames, but you know who I mean), both here and over at the Mecca, people were grateful at being warned about him.

After all, if someone irl warned you in confidence, that some bloke was, let's say a convicted rapist, and you found out that your sister was oblivious to this fact, and she was planning on marrying him, don't tell me that no matter how much you'd been sworn to secrecy, you wouldn't tell her about him.

I realise that this analogy is a bit extreme, but you surely get where I'm coming from, sometimes people have the right to know what they are dealing with, no matter how much of a confidence it breaks.

Sorry for not being here at your every beck and call Phil, but after being stuck in the middle of Nottingham since 8am and after getting back to base just after 6pm and not having much to eat all day, forgive me for taking time out to grab a coffee and a bite to eat!

As for this open season on PM's which you seam to be angling about, whilst I am certanaly with you having a common sense idea / approach with respect to PM's like to preventing fraud etc, what will NEVER happen though, is your "Tabloid Newspaper" approach to open access to ALL PM's, as it's a matter of privacy, and no good internet forum you will find out there, would ever advocate or entertain such an idea!!!

As for rules in general, Alex, myself, and the rest of the staff hoped that members could be trusted enough to use some common sense as like it's expected at the Mecca without any of the staff having to ram the rule book down their throats, but way things are going, again like Pete_W has been forced to do over at the Mecca, we maybe left with no other choice, but to start removing persons who seam to have a one track mind, as to cause disruption on the forums.

#82 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

Sorry for not being here at your every beck and call Phil, but after being stuck in the middle of Nottingham since 8am and after getting back to base just after 6pm and not having much to eat all day, forgive me for taking time out to grab a coffee and a bite to eat!

You had time to reply to part of my post, so I presumed you weren't replying to the rest.

As for this open season on PM's which you seam to be angling about, whilst I am certanaly with you having a common sense idea / approach with respect to PM's like to preventing fraud etc, what will NEVER happen though, is your "Tabloid Newspaper" approach to open access to ALL PM's, as it's a matter of privacy, and no good internet forum you will find out there, would ever advocate or entertain such an idea!!!

I'm in no way advocating any sort of open season, and I'll thank you not to twist what I'm saying, I stated quite clearly that it was MY PERSONAL view only, NOT that it should be anyone elses. Oh and when I posted warning people in open forum, regrding a certain member and what they had done and said to me in pm's, both here and at the Mecca, no-one, not a single solitary person complained, yet loads commended me for 'outing' (for want of a better word) him.

As for rules in general, Alex, myself, and the rest of the staff hoped that members could be trusted enough to use some common sense as like it's expected at the Mecca without any of the staff having to ram the rule book down their throats, but way things are going, again like Pete_W has been forced to do over at the Mecca, we maybe left with no other choice, but to start removing persons who seam to have a one track mind, as to cause disruption on the forums.

You seem to be doing exactly that though just lately (ramming the rule book down peoples throats), even it seems, making some up and threatening people with removal, for simply having differing opinions to yourself.  How can you expect people to use common sense, when you are acting like you are?  I have no wish to purposly disrupt any forums, like you are intimating along with your not so veiled threat, but what I do wish, is to be able to have a polite discussion or debate (please note that I haven't been rude or offensive during any this fiasco) without fear of being banned for having a view that differs from yours, or anyone elses.

If this is not the case on here any more and all are expected to act like Stepford Wives, then you might as well ban me, (something which you're quite obviously itching to do) as there would be no point in being a member of a forum, where you're not allowed to speak politely and freely, without being accused of shit stirring every time you post something which differs from a staff members view.

#83 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

As you are clearly not going to address my well thought out and polite post I made before, then could you please explain how come Geddy knows of disruptive and abusive PMs, assuming he wasn't the "victim".  He has admitted on this forum that he has actually seen the content of said PMs and confirmed they were abusive.  When I ask for proof I get the rule book thrown at me, the one without the actual rule in it, but you know what I mean.  It seems that someone has passed on a copy of more than 1 PM (plural used) to Geddy in direct contravention of your rules, so who was it and what action is being taken, as I want to ensure fair treatment?  I believe Deathclaw received a warning point and removal to the moderation queue for disclosing the gist of the contents of a PM, without actually posting a copy of the words, so giving Geddy an actual copy must be a worse offence.

http://www.fruit-emu...hread/?p=268672

I appreciate you do not like awkward questions being asked, but like I said in my previous post, people are concerned especially when every post you make sees you bandying about threats without actually naming names.

It does seems that the Double Standards 1280DX is doing the rounds here.

bj

#84 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

that's bull as I haven't even sent a pm to geddy on here

#85 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

that's bull as I haven't even sent a pm to geddy on here

Then I suggest you read my post again and copy and paste the part where i say you did that.

By the way, disclosure of a PM takes many forms. It could be forwarded on, email copied or even related in a conversation with somebody, written down on paper and sent via Royal Mail. Lots of different ways. As I pointed out DeathClaw was warned just for disclosing in an open forum post that he had had a PM from Ady, saying hear hear. But in my post above I did not accuse you of PM'ing Geddy.

bj

#86 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Then I suggest you read my post again and copy and paste the part where i say you did that.
By the way, disclosure of a PM takes many forms. It could be forwarded on, email copied or even related in a conversation with somebody, written down on paper and sent via Royal Mail. Lots of different ways. As I pointed out DeathClaw was warned just for disclosing in an open forum post that he had had a PM from Ady, saying hear hear. But in my post above I did not accuse you of PM'ing Geddy.
bj

Deathclaw was warned after failing to heed an unnofficial request that he moderate his behaviour, following a series of unacceptable abusive posts. A number of reports were received complaining about his language and attacks on all and sundry, these were acted upon in a fair and balanced way. The PM reference made by Deathclaw was used in an attempt by him to cause problems, that's why it formed part of the reason for his placement under sanctions.

#87 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

Deathclaw was warned after failing to heed an unnofficial request that he moderate his behaviour, following a series of unacceptable abusive posts. A number of reports were received complaining about his language and attacks on all and sundry, these were acted upon in a fair and balanced way. The PM reference made by Deathclaw was used in an attempt by him to cause problems, that's why it formed part of the reason for his placement under sanctions.

Thank you for clearing that up. I misinterpreted your post. Also, for the record, can I say that I don't believe for a moment you would read any PM that wasn't either sent to you or the decision was foist on you by a legally enforced disclosure process. Daryl had it right when he said why would you. You have far better things to do with your life.

I don't believe the source of this is underhand reading of PMs, this is passing details on from the original recipients without authority, plain and simple.

bj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users