* - - - - 1 votes

Missing thread

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

What the actual f.uck is goin on here. Is it dig at vectra because deathclaw isn't posting ??? So you stop one member posting ao try and do it to the next. Leave off eh !!!

#22 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

:-/

Attached Files

Posted Image

#23 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

As posted on FB.

There's nowt like having to come back from the grave is there?

I thought you'd all be glad I've gone!

Anyway I'm not returning to the forums in any way shape or form. I have requested access back here just to say this and to stop Fruit Emu imploding on itself with rumour and negativity.

I wasn't in any anyway pushed or forced to leave Fruit Emu or any of the other FME forums. It is I believe a natural step in the process of me moving forward from a chapter in my life that I just didn't want to be part of anymore. Yes factors from a few months ago, and more recent events have played a very minor part in my decision to leave but it was always in the background of my mind that I would go anyway... Other commitments in my life are much more important for me and also time consuming and that is the main reason I have left FME altogether - my love and passion for fme has gone and it went awhile ago

Now to help soothe things along I've made a little cartoon strip that I hope one of the staff will put into a thread on Fruit Emu somewhere to try and soothe some brows... it is witty I think but every word is spoken by me and sincerely and truthfully meant.

Peace guys at Fruit Emu please... help AlexAdrianMark and all the other staff at Fruit Emu make the site a continued success and keep FME alive. I'm not coming back but I want the site, and you guys to continue to keep the flame going for everything in fruit emulation!

Love you guys / always  x

Attached Files

• Attached File  S1.jpg   88.98KB   3 downloads

#24 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

http://www.fruit-emu...ep/#entry269974

It's NOT missing, just locked.

If you want to know why Daryl has decided to leave, ask him!!!! he might just tell you, but then again............

Thanks for that RDP, I can't see why it's been locked though as imo there's nothing bad been said, maybe it's just some of the comments don't follow certain peoples beliefs??

What the actual f.uck is goin on here. Is it dig at vectra because deathclaw isn't posting ??? So you stop one member posting ao try and do it to the next. Leave off eh !!!

I'm forever getting the impression, that some members have it in for Vecs, having a go at what seems like every opportunity, when all I see him doing is providing more layouts for people to enjoy.

This for the large part seems to be done in open forum, which might be considered to some as bullying, so my question is simply this............. why is it allowed to continue?

As posted on FB.

So altharic got it wrong, by Daryls own admissions he wasn't  'pushed or forced to leave' which again makes the attack on Vecs look like pointless shit stirring, so in case you missed it above, I'll ask again....... WHY IS IT ALLOWED TO CONTINUE???????

Not very long ago I was sort of accused of having a personal vendetta against some on here, when all I was doing was trying to stick up for people (all done via pm to the relevant people/person) and so I didn't bother persuing it as there seemed absolutely no point, as minds had been made up and the chief will always look after the indians, be they right or wrong, and the smaller person will get squashed, and not be allowed to voice their opinion, which is obvious for anyone to see, with threads being locked or deleted willy nilly, there doesn't seem much point in passing comment on things, just in case you either have views contrary to those of staff members, or you might offend somebody, ie one of their friends!

The ONLY thing which I don't quite get, is how some people can slag people as much  as they like, with no aparent consequence, yet others can't say a word?  This is evident with certain words being automatically changed nowadays, a ridiculous thing to instate IMHO, but I suppose it's just another instance of people doing things, just because they can.

#25 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

As posted on FB.

Thanks for that, however this totally contradicts what he personally told me...... :(

From a personal POV I was involved in other forums when this place started and to be fair it was always the 'laughing stock' (bit strong) of the forums because it tended to attract all the chavs and must have it now brigade.  It worked hard to shake that image but some elements remained.   I did not post much here because of the attitude of a small group of posters, these posters did cross over to DADs etc and wherever at times but were usually 'put in their place' for want of a better term.  I often spoke to the admins here regarding culls of 0 posters like at DADs to trim the 10k membership down etc and get rid of the dead wood but it rarely happened.

Anyway that is off the point.  I think Daryl's post at FF was a more generic post, a goodbye in which he attempts to calm the waters, however in PMs the real reasons have been discussed.  Like any walk of life some people here are turds and will do anything to get noticed, cause fights, troll or whatever.  Here like FF and other forums there are 'rules' and yes it seems some people can't break them which has always been a bug bear of FME land as far as I'm concerned.

Look we are always going to have little spats and fights etc but they will blow over if managed correctly.   I've made my mind up who is to blame for Daryl's leaving,  he might have been going anyway but this underlying, festering issue was the final straw which was a shame.  I'm pretty good at spotting the nob, tosspots, chavs and good guys from their postings I do not need a thread to tell me who is to blame here, it's quite obvious..... but there you go.  Daryl has gone and it's a total shame, he might have been walking anyway but this person has made him walk faster.  I'm happy with the course of events that he PERSONALLY told me.   I've been a good on line and off line friend of him for a very long time...

Good luck Daryl...... hope you are happy without FME and sorry it had to come to this... :)

#26 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

Thanks for that, however this totally contradicts what he personally told me...... :(

I know what you are saying.

I think it's that he wants (as always) peace 'n love.

Thing is, a lot of rubbish was spread (about myself too may I add) mainly 'behind the scenes' where we could not nip it in the bud nor answer what was said.

A lot of people don't like the fact that some of us only get that 'privy' info when we start getting odd messages....my reply is always the same "ahh well" basically!

All I can say is there's no smoke without fire, there never used to be this problem did there?

--------------------

I will remain very good friends with Daryl too, and I sentiment your comment totally Geddy.

#27 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Yip Daryl is a gem and its a shame his condition coupled with one or two nobs here made it so he has handed his badge in. Shame.

#28 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

Just to add because I am in reg contact with Daryl and from time to time pop over to his place in Mansfield.....

Bottom line is, his health is getting worse as those close to him knew it would do, and he's has had to look after #1 to reduce stress levels conflicting with his condition, and much as it saddenes me to see him go, I can at least understand why he has taken this step.

Yes, some folks here and at MPU Mecca have not helped matters, but bottom line is, Daryl knew all along that eventualy he would have to make such a decision to go, for his own sake, so the decision has not been taken likley.

He did want to attend Jaybee's (James) funeral on Friday @ Willford Hill Crematorium in Nottingham, but his current health would simply not allow for it.

Daryl always has and always will be a real gent, and often put folks before himself, and you could see that at the various meets we had over at MPU Mecca, what a real genuine guy he truly is.

Hell, I took myself, my missus and banditboy2006 the other week to his, and went out for a pub lunch just up the road from him, and to see him smiling throughout it all was a pleasing sight..... Geddy could tell you all the same, when he sought Daryl's assistance with a problem on his Mac.

This is why Daryl felt the need to post a leaving message, as he fullwell knew folks will want to know, being a respected and well known face in FME.

#29 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Just to add because I am in reg contact with Daryl and from time to time pop over to his place in Mansfield.....

Bottom line is, his health is getting worse as those close to him knew it would do, and he's has had to look after #1 to reduce stress levels conflicting with his condition, and much as it saddenes me to see him go, I can at least understand why he has taken this step.

Yes, some folks here and at MPU Mecca have not helped matters, but bottom line is, Daryl knew all along that eventualy he would have to make such a decision to go, for his own sake, so the decision has not been taken likley.

He did want to attend Jaybee's (James) funeral on Friday @ Willford Hill Crematorium in Nottingham, but his current health would simply not allow for it.

Daryl always has and always will be a real gent, and often put folks before himself, and you could see that at the various meets we had over at MPU Mecca, what a real genuine guy he truly is.

Hell, I took myself, my missus and banditboy2006 the other week to his, and went out for a pub lunch just up the road from him, and to see him smiling throughout it all was a pleasing sight..... Geddy could tell you all the same, when he sought Daryl's assistance with a problem on his Mac.

This is why Daryl felt the need to post a leaving message, as he fullwell knew folks will want to know, being a respected and well known face in FME.

I echo that he was a pleasure to be around he made everybody laugh he was a true diamond geezer

I know that feeling about taking a step back due to my anxiety but I cannot as anything wouldn't get done as I am pushing my own health and wellbeening daily [ even stan knows what I mean]  as I get no help otherwise

but at least darryls thinking about his health and doing the right thing so kudos to him

Edited by banditboy2006, 25 May 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#30 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Just to note, I also see the sickening display from some folks in this thread here, are intrested in nothing more than fluffing up their ego's etc.

Just do the overwelming MAJORATY of us members here a favour..... kindly exit stage left (Cracking album from Rush here BTW) before someone forcably removes you :)

PS..... yes, I am angry right now!

#31 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

What exactly arw you gonna forcibly remove people for??? Because they dare to question what's going on. I know daryl is a top bloke and has always been up front when.I have spoken to him by pm. What I don't get is why people are on vectras back so much. Geddy care to explain who exactly you calling turds, nobs and trolls?? Also funny hiw people are so called boosing there egos by posting there opinions. Yet you the one stan who is basically saying comply or we will ban you C on a B come on.

#32 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

Geddy care to explain who exactly you calling turds, nobs and trolls??

No not really, did you not want to know the good guys as well?

#33 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Erm no I don't. I know who the good guys are. But from were I'm sitting I can't think of anyone on here I would class as a nob, turd or troll. All the dick heada that trolled and did naff all for fme have been bannes afaik. There maybe a few typos aswell as my fat fingers ain't good on a phone touch pad.

Edited by Tommy c, 25 May 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#34 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Ah they have all gone? OK sorry my bad....

#35 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Erm no I don't. I know who the good guys are. But from were I'm sitting I can't think of anyone on here I would class as a nob, turd or troll. All the dick heada that trolled and did naff all for fme have been bannes afaik. There maybe a few typos aswell as my fat fingers ain't good on a phone touch pad.

Theres a few left that think they do good for fme but are mistaken.

#36 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well I've read this topic dozens of times now, and apart from altharic calling Vecs a 'piss weak troll' I can't find anything offensive enough to warrant people being banned.  But then it says 'folks' which would lead you to believe that it's aimed at more than one person, which is strange, when as far as I can see, there is only one person who said anything rude or offensive.

Like Tommy said, people are only asking questions regarding the site and things that are going on with it, which I also can't see as a possible cause for banning.

So I honestly don't see what's caused the post concerned to be posted.

In the last couple of weeks there has been loads of arguing and slagging off of people on the site, in various threads, some of which was extremely offensive, and verging on violent, (yet there was no post like that made, which basically seems to be saying, either shut up, leave, or you'll be banned) they were allowed to carry it on, so to say I'm stumped is an understatement.

#37 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Anyways lets get this topic on track again before it gets locked. "The Missing topic" whatever it was lol. probably the daryl topic!

as I said on that topic- yes he was/is a great guy on here and will be sorely missed by many, but as been said previously his health/life comes first like with many members on her., I hope he does pop in from time to time even just to say hi! as 13yrs being on a forum is a long time a very long time.

All the best and have an enjoyable life Daryl

regards Vectra666.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#38 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Anyways lets get this topic on track again before it gets locked. "The Missing topic" whatever it was lol. probably the daryl topic!
as I said on that topic- yes he was/is a great guy on here and will be sorely missed by many, but as been said previously his health/life comes first like with many members on her., I hope he does pop in from time to time even just to say hi! as 13yrs being on a forum is a long time a very long time.

All the best and have an enjoyable life Daryl
 regards Vectra666.

You'd love a lock and move on wouldn't you, you only have to look at Your own posts and your lack of an apology for the shit you've caused him and other members.

#39 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

To be accurate, Deathclaw is still allowed to post but chooses not to.
He was put on mod queue for various issues, most notably his language, and because of provably innacurate comments made against me.
On many other forums he would have received an outright ban, to be honest.

#40 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for that RDP, I can't see why it's been locked though as imo there's nothing bad been said, maybe it's just some of the comments don't follow certain peoples beliefs.

This is evident with certain words being automatically changed nowadays, a ridiculous thing to instate IMHO, but I suppose it's just another instance of people doing things, just because they can.

The UKIP thread was locked because I don't encourage political discussion on a fruit machine/FME site. It tends to only lead to my opinion of people plummeting. Most of the time I would rather not hear about people's politics or religion.
I have a problem with UKIP specifically because of the fact that most of their members seem to be rabidly homophobic, amongst other equally nasty views they propogate, so on that basis I won't have them promoted on here. I think that's quite reasonable?

The only significant words that are filtered are "fuck" and "cunt". I don't feel that I need to explain why.
At one time people could be trusted to not parrot them all over the place, but then along came Deathclaw, and the filter was put in place when my eyes started to bleed.

As far as I'm concerned the filter can be removed in the future, when it becomes more reasonable to think that people can be responsible enough not to abuse the trust placed in them...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users