#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

First on the agenda an apology or two.

1) Yes ok so I said the new version would be out over a month ago. Very sorry about that, a few critical bugs were found and needed fixing at the same time as me having a lot less time to so any emulation. Progress has been made though and a release IS imminent.

2) Pook, Ploggy, Tommy C, Vectra. Very sorry to those layout designers who have been waiting on me to send out resources and updated emulator copies to allow them to prep layouts. Ploggy in particular has spent many days on skype with me until stupid o'clock in the morning whilst I sort out bugs and get him to thoroughly test things. These guys deseve a medal for their patience!

Next, some bad news (good news for some possibly)

At the end of the month I will be stepping away from the emulator for a while. I have to concentrate on setting up a new business venture and I imagine pretty much all my time will be spent on that with little time for anything else. That's not to say I will disappear completely, but any major updates or new techs will be put on hold indefinately at the end of the month.

FME has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for me, so a big Thankyou to all who have helped Project Amber (and previously FMEF) get to where it is today. I am very proud of what has been achieved and hope you will be too, when it finally gets released.

Which brings me on to some better news...

Between now and the end of the month there WILL be a release of Project Amber with at least 7 techs in it.

Barcrest MPU3 and MPU4.

Maygay M1

Bell Fruit System 83, System 85, Scorpion 1, Scorpion 2.

My To-Do list is now down to the last 15 or so items, most of which should be finished off in short order. The last major obstacle being MPU3 sound. The moment it is all done I will release it with a full installer and a quick setup guide.

Documentation will be a bit sparse but I should still be able to give pointers, and Ploggy now has a decent handle on the emulator and its workings, so you can bug him for help (very sorry for this comment Ploggy mate, you should have seen it coming though ;) ).

Graphically I think it will qualify as the most advanced fruit emulator to date (best get it out before Killcrazy's emu just in case). Stability wise it has advanced a lot in recent months and I hope that will still be the case at release time.

I have until the end of the month to get everything done and dusted, and all being well you will see a release later this week/early next week.

All the existing layouts for Project Amber will be mildly broken by the new update, which should see the layout format changed for the final time. I will personally be updating all the layouts and re-releasing them to account for that.

And at the risk of dangling a carrot, *IF* all goes to plan, 3 more techs are in the pipeline. Namely Castle Rev1E, Castle Rev2A and Ace Coin sp.ACE tech. More details will follow, if its done by the end of the month it will be released, if not it will be put on hold until I have the time to complete them.

Lastly, if anyone out there feels they could handle taking on updating the emulator I would be willing to pass source code on at the end of the month if it means it would progress further. If not I will get round to it again, eventually.

Guitar.

P.s. Is anyone preparing artwork for Wipeout, Fortune and Glory, Mario Kart, or London Underground, for KillCrazy's epoch emulator. I can't wait to give them a thorough thrashing.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Thank you for the update

https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Thankyou for the update I hope it's not a final one, shame there's not bbeen that many releases for it but this could change with this newer release. I wish you success with your new business and hope to see you back soon
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#4 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Thank you for the update Nick... I wish you every success in the new venture in your life :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#5 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Many thanks for the update mate,i guess ploggy's in box will be chocha when it gets released :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Tommy c, 07 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#6 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thanks fot the update Guitar and good luck

#7 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Many thanks for the update and I hope all goes well for your new business :)

#8 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thankyou for the update I hope it's not a final one, shame there's not bbeen that many releases for it but this could change with this newer release. I wish you success with your new business and hope to see you back soon

I wont be the last release, just the last for for a while.

Many thanks for the update mate,i guess ploggy's in box will be chocha when it gets released :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well, I should still be around to help out when its released, so I can handle the bulk of enquiries. But once I get working on my other project I'm hoping he can help out.

#9 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

May I ask if it has Classic layout tools, or is it solely a DX emulator?

Looks like we'll be getting a new emulator for Christmas after all. Many thanks Nick and all those behind the scenes who have contributed to get Amber to this dawn of a new emulation age. Well done and thank you.

Gazza

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

It doesn't have classic tools as such, but a classic could be made as long as you know vaguely what the machine looks like. If you have pictures of a machine you can go straight to DX without the need for a classic.

Not much longer now. The To-Do list is getting very short.

#11 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

bravo!

#12 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

It doesn't have classic tools as such, but a classic could be made as long as you know vaguely what the machine looks like. If you have pictures of a machine you can go straight to DX without the need for a classic.

Not much longer now. The To-Do list is getting very short.

Will you be fixing the layouts I did for Amber or would you like me to redo them?

#13 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the update.

NQ.

#14 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Will you be fixing the layouts I did for Amber or would you like me to redo them?

I will be redoing them as part or the relaunch, upgrading them to suit the updated tools as I go. Some have already been done.

If you want to work on something new it would be appreciated.

All techs are good to go except the last job to do now is get MPU3 sound working.

If you (or anyone else) wants to prep artwork for a machine, let me know and I will send out advanced copies of the emulator as soon as it moves to 1.1 Release Candidate status. I would imagine it will reach that stage on Sunday as I am off out tonight.

#15 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

Can anyone get a DX together of BFM Instant Jackpots? I realise the only pics we appear to have (is there a flyer?) a fair bit of flash burn, but anything is better than nothing. There are 5 pictures on the repro, with abit of stitcking and redrawing, it could be done. I need to set up the Lamped Disc Reel and this would make an excellent test machine.

#16 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Just looked at those pictures from the repro,yes they can be stitched together for a dx but they ain't gonna be that good as there's a lot of flash burn on them.

#17 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I really need a machine with a lamped disc to test the graphics in the emulator. I realise lots of clone tool will be required to get rid of the flash burn. If there are better pictures available of a game with a lamped disc then you could do that instead I suppose. This machine is a bit of a favorite of mine though, so I would very much appreciate it regardless.

Also the System 85 Cash Explosion can be done now too.

#18 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

great game the 2p cash explosion :)

#19 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

I am down to the last few bugs now. MPU3 sound is working after a fashion but there are some bugs to the actual emulation having set up a layout or two. I will now be concentrating 100% on getting MPU3 running as it should.

After MPU3 is running properly all that remains is to do a few bits of finishing off (Intro artwork), create the installer, and release.

This will be the first properly stable edition. No doubt there will be a few bugs, but they should be minor niggles rather than big errors.

In the last 4 days I have found and fixed hundreds of bugs, along with the ones that were fixed before.

This version will break ALL previous layouts, and those layouts will be re-released over the few days after release as I go through and fix them.

#20 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for the update Nick. Nice to be in at the start; hopefully I will keep up to date this time around.

Gazza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users