• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Found a seller on E-bay in Derby, that is selling an assortment of Epoch spares and spares packs (Mainboard, lamp driver, hopper, etc), that is worth checking out.

It's the newer MKII spares too, which are much more reliable

I have just gone for the 8 bit spares pack that covers all sins on an Epoch machine, for £41.50 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2562

Edited by stanmarsh14, 09 January 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#2 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Stan`s the man nice one

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#3 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

It's almost like eggy-777 has returned, except this seller don't sell the full PSU, but does sell all the MKII parts (The much more reliable ones) to repair the PSU and more :)

I'm sure I have seen this seller about selling Epoch gear before too.

#4 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Its all good in my book ;)

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Right folks, sorry for not getting back sooner as things have been a bit hectic at home, but can safely say this guy in Derby is a safe bet (Although I do have a lamp board issue which is being dealt with right now)

All parts far I can tell, are brand new / unused (Except the Epoch board, but I could be wrong here), all MKII type where applicable (PSU PCB being the important one here), and worked flawlessly (Apart from the lamp board mentioned earlier, but that is currently being looked in to).

Seller is also very good at keeping you informed at every step of the sale, and is a very nice guy to talk to, so I think when is all said and done, that we have another eggy-777 here, who is very good with Epoch parts.

Will chuck up some pics when I get my cam from mums when I get a chance.

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Pic of the parts I got.....

Attached Files

#7 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Right folks, sorry for not getting back sooner as things have been a bit hectic at home, but can safely say this guy in Derby is a safe bet (Although I do have a lamp board issue which is being dealt with right now)

All parts far I can tell, are brand new / unused (Except the Epoch board, but I could be wrong here), all MKII type where applicable (PSU PCB being the important one here), and worked flawlessly (Apart from the lamp board mentioned earlier, but that is currently being looked in to).

Seller is also very good at keeping you informed at every step of the sale, and is a very nice guy to talk to, so I think when is all said and done, that we have another eggy-777 here, who is very good with Epoch parts.

Will chuck up some pics when I get my cam from mums when I get a chance.

Thanks for taking the time to review the parts and service, seems like a great option for someone with an EPOCH machine.

I was very tempted by a knackered blue Simpsons near me for £25, but was put off by the availability of spares, kinda wish I'd gone for it now (LOVE that machine, and Homers Meltdown too!).

Just hope we continue to have people who can refurbish EPOCH spares at fair prices in the future to keep these going, I know they aren't that old but I consider the early EPOCHs to almost be worthy of 'classic' machine status now :)

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#8 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for taking the time to review the parts and service, seems like a great option for someone with an EPOCH machine.

I was very tempted by a knackered blue Simpsons near me for £25, but was put off by the availability of spares, kinda wish I'd gone for it now (LOVE that machine, and Homers Meltdown too!).

Just hope we continue to have people who can refurbish EPOCH spares at fair prices in the future to keep these going, I know they aren't that old but I consider the early EPOCHs to almost be worthy of 'classic' machine status now :)

Aye the guy is very good at keeping you informed etc, so is certainly one to remember.

Also just found out one of the regs at the mecca (andrew96, and he's also worked on some of Mr P's stuff too, and Dave is very pleased) does do some Epoch parts (Has some stock of the working MKI lamp boards at present), and I have directly seen his repair work before, so he's another good one to try.

£25 Ben?..... even cheaper than what I got mine for, so would have deffo been worth it, so stick in an Epoch spares I got, should have a fully working machine for under £70, and being what it is, should be fairly easy to sell on too.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 24 January 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#9 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Wish i never sold my test rig now.

#10 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

£25 Ben?..... even cheaper than what I got mine for, so would have deffo been worth it, so stick in an Epoch spares I got, should have a fully working machine for under £70, and being what it is, should be fairly easy to sell on too.

Yeah, was on eBay, sold as 'stopped working when I tried to collect the bank' or something similar. Sure it was £25. Just down the road from me, but then again I didn't drive then so would have been relying on dad to collect it with me, and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Maybe next time :D

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#11 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Frankenstein's monster is ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Massive thanks to the e-bay chap from Derby for the parts, to which this royal turd would never work again without the parts he sent over.

From the start, the Epoch board was shagged due to battery damage, strim alarms with the mech, psychical damage to the roms (You will laugh at the pin repair I did on one of them), dead hopper (Wiring related, driver board was fine), and the Lamp Driver board being the worst of the lot!

I did receive a dud lamp board from the chap in Derby, but he was right on the ball helping out, and even sending out a replacement without
question (Which finally sorted the Alpha issue).

Only things I need to sort now, is to re-trim the cash box door, get a £10 decal set (Plays a better game over the £5 one), find 2 Maygay cash box buckets, and fit some castors (Needed due to limited space).

Will follow up later with a video, but pleased to beat this turd in to submission, knowing how much of a c*** Epoch is to work on.

#12 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Stan told you mate those lamp pcb are complete buggers. You could of worked for maygay and them sods would catch anyone out. Well done tho looking forward to seeing your monster alive on a video ;)

#13 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

f*** ya then  :cute:

Posted Image

#14 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Epoch Spares (Contact the guy if he does not have listed what you want): http://myworld.ebay....=p2047675.l2559

#15 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Very nice well done Stan

#16 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

f*** ya then  :cute:

Wanna swop? :D

#17 Az130187

Az130187

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:41 AM

Does anyone have a copy of monster cash or bucks bunny manual at all or a link please

#18 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:24 AM

I have a homers meltdown sitting in my garage but with no psu. Dam epoch machines were a pain. I didn’t know about replacing the board on the power supply? Why oh why did I throw it out ....... doh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users