Itbox Emu

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#41 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

i appreciate all the hard work you have done uploading the games i will try my old computer hopefully they will work on that its frustrating when u really want to play them and u dont know what files u are missing and wether it works on windows 7 64 bit like the dotnetfx file wont work on windows 7 64 bit and the sonar file as well thanks again for all your hard work

#42 elcondor

elcondor

MAME bloke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

If you're running Windows 7, you have the files that the dotnetfx installer would give you already built in (for the techies, dotnetfx.exe is the .NET Framework 2.0 for 32-bit Windows) Windows 7 has 3.5 built in, which includes all previous versions - if you have 64-bit, both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions are installed.

It may just be a matter of setting compatibility mode for the EXEs to Windows XP or Windows 2000 - most of the early Itbox type things ran Windows 2000.

Edited by elcondor, 18 July 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#43 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

thanks got most of them working thanks or your help much appreciated

#44 prospero

prospero

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi mart.

Thanks for starting the thread and the uploading its really appreciated. You said you loaded the itbox software onto xp from the original machine. Is that the original itbox software? not just the emulator. If so is there any chance you could upload the software? Cheers.

#45 flying_giraffe

flying_giraffe

• Regulars
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

can these be downloaded from the site in one file like the original upload was, or am i doing something wrong?, left clicking just opens up the folder.

#46 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

i wonder if im doing something wrong as well i managed to get donkey derby 2,play your cards right and smarter then a 10 year old working thanks to help earlier on but as for the rest ive had no luck been trying diff things all day with no luck

#47 martfarmer

martfarmer

• New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hi yes i do have the original itbox software, comes with the menu designer its in a folder with the games and is about 13gb, have treid installing it on w2000 and xp computer starts up then it boots to the itbox software automatic loading screen then just sits there, have no idea how to load it in properly there are so many .bat files etc Martin

#48 prospero

prospero

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

Thanks Martin. Large and complicated then! The software not you :D . I just wondered when you grabbed the games from the original did you just take each individual game or the whole folder? The reason i ask is that many of the games seem to work stand alone with emu but some, crystal maze for example, seem to be trying to link to something else. It may just be a corrupt path, which if you took the whole folder is set correctly on yours, or a missing file within the folder that the rest of us dont have. Any help would be appreciated. I will figure it out!

#49 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

hi prespero if u do figure it out can u tell me lol

#50 martfarmer

martfarmer

• New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi i took the whole hdd content, the games now running on the itbox has had a new xp install and just the games tranfered by pen to it, the games on w7 most run fine even before i placed the folder on them its just a few i can not get the emu to add credit, seems to be the ones that where runnig on the original itbox software when i bought it so they could be locked to that i dont really know why, the member who i upload the games to has sad he has run a program to see why c/maze want work and he things its looking for a touch screen that is why it will not work, do you have touch screen maybe thats the prob. I think hes looking into it to see if he can sort it out when he has time, I was hoping to get the coin mech working its a sr5 but dont have a idea how to martin

#51 prospero

prospero

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

Will do goodwin. I wondered that myself if the game was looking for a touchscreen on com port 1. I dont think thats the case as i have tried it with a serial touchscreen and still no joy. I am now wondering if it could be a direct x prob with the game not rendering properly. Martin did you reinstall/update direct x when you installed the new xp os? It could be your xp is running an older version of direct x 9.0c (whatever its called) as there are lots of different ones. Will have a go with that. This is driving me mad. I love it!

#52 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

thanks yes its driving me mad too lol

#53 elcondor

elcondor

MAME bloke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

You guys have d3drm.dll , right? The early SWP terminals relied on a mode that modern DirectX doesn't support, but you can just download it:

http://www.microflig...1390/KB.1034/.f

Just replace the FMS directory with your game directory (where the EXE is) - it may help.

#54 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

yes but cant find fms files in my programmes anywhere lol

#55 goodwin894

goodwin894

• New Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

ive just realised that donkey derby 2, play your cards right,smarter then a 10 year old,the great escape where all zip files when i downloaded them yesterday which worked lovely is there anyway the rest can be put in zip files at all

Edited by goodwin894, 19 July 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#56 martfarmer

martfarmer

• New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

hi i have downloaded c/maze from the site just to see if ok works fine, even from flash pen plugged into both machines Martin

#57 flying_giraffe

flying_giraffe

• Regulars
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

hi i have downloaded c/maze from the site just to see if ok works fine, even from flash pen plugged into both machines Martin

how are you dowloading from the site? the files seem to form a string when clicked, would like to be able to try these for myself, the eralier ones where zipped as was said above, and they worked fine. you can make the cursor apear by using a hex editor instead of sonar too btw

#58 prospero

prospero

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hi mart

Just wondered what version of xp your running. Home, business etc. Any service packs? Also on your first video I can see at the beginning you have a few desktop icons. The emu, recycle bin, front end. Whats the fourth icon down? Its kinda small but looks a little like the old windows media player icon. I cant really tell. Cheers mate.

#59 prospero

prospero

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hi flying g

I'm using right click 'save target as' on every file.

#60 elcondor

elcondor

MAME bloke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Just tried the old ShowCursor ->ClipCursor trick on CrystalMaze 7 (the JPM one), now the program just shows a white screen - that said, I do have UAC on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users