- - - - -

Bwb Volcano Dx

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

I'm working on this beast of a machine BWB's volcano. It's a bloody nightmare due to it having a million or so lamps and as it's an older machine it ain't as easy to find the lamps. It took me some time to do the flyer which I'm still not happy with. I'm hoping to get some photos of the machine and a scan of the decals.

There is one small problem with this machine, it has a part of the decals set back into the machine a bit like magnificent 7 by barcrest and due to this the nudge pot, feature pot and repeat port on the decals are hidden away behind the volcano so can't be seen. Also this only runs in MFME 3.2 so have to change emu's every time I want to do anything.

If anyone has a manual for this I would appreciate a scan of the lamp info so i know what lamps are what, thanks

Attached Files

Edited by robinhood75, 30 August 2010 - 11:51 PM.

#2 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

Also does anyone know how many sound roms a mpu4 should have?

#3 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:48 AM

Also does anyone know how many sound roms a mpu4 should have?

Generally 2 but can be 1

Edited by fruitman69, 31 August 2010 - 12:49 AM.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#4 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

Generally 2 but can be 1

Well this one has 4 sound roms, when you load them all some of the sounds are messed up, for instance when u get a bonus on the trail it says extra life no matter what u hit. Strange and I don't know how to fix it.

#5 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:55 AM

Try selecting different sound setups (Empire, Barcrest, Barcrest 2, Other) etc.
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#6 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

Try selecting different sound setups (Empire, Barcrest, Barcrest 2, Other) etc.

Tried that but it didn't work they are all the same except the Yamaha one which just crashed the emu as soon as the game loaded. Took me ages to change it fast enough to make it run again lol.

Any other ideas? Perhaps if I could send it over ploggy you could have a look if you have any spare time?

#7 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:03 AM

Nice job on the flyer it looks great

cant wait to play this as it was one of my all time best's

great work RH75

#8 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

I'm working on this beast of a machine BWB's volcano. It's a bloody nightmare due to it having a million or so lamps and as it's an older machine it ain't as easy to find the lamps. It took me some time to do the flyer which I'm still not happy with. I'm hoping to get some photos of the machine and a scan of the decals.

There is one small problem with this machine, it has a part of the decals set back into the machine a bit like magnificent 7 by barcrest and due to this the nudge pot, feature pot and repeat port on the decals are hidden away behind the volcano so can't be seen. Also this only runs in MFME 3.2 so have to change emu's every time I want to do anything.

If anyone has a manual for this I would appreciate a scan of the lamp info so i know what lamps are what, thanks

Told ya already get it into "free play" and nudge in a win or numbers to get on the board, then when you get awarded a "feature" take it and watch thelamps and alpha, as it says what the feature is.then keep repeating the process.

#9 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

Nice job on the line removal rh,never played this one before so look forward to it.Heres a couple of photo's i found on the repro,there pretty good but are the £5 jackpot ones but they show the parts you mentioned very good.

Attached Files

• Attached File  vc.png   2.68MB   54 downloads
  • Attached File  vc2.png   2.85MB   53 downloads

#10 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Told ya already get it into "free play" and nudge in a win or numbers to get on the board, then when you get awarded a "feature" take it and watch the lamps and alpha, as it says what the feature is.then keep repeating the process.

Yes I have done that but there are so many lamps that come on at the same time when u collect/land on a win/feature

Nice job on the line removal rh,never played this one before so look forward to it.Heres a couple of photo's i found on the repro,there pretty good but are the £5 jackpot ones but they show the parts you mentioned very good.

Nice pictures will pop over to the repro and have a butchers, what part of the repro was they located tommy?

#11 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

Yes I have done that but there are so many lamps that come on at the same time when u collect/land on a win/feature

Nice pictures will pop over to the repro and have a butchers, what part of the repro was they located tommy?

Just select search files when you log in and type volcano and they come up with the flyer :)

#12 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

Tried that but it didn't work they are all the same except the Yamaha one which just crashed the emu as soon as the game loaded. Took me ages to change it fast enough to make it run again lol.

Any other ideas? Perhaps if I could send it over ploggy you could have a look if you have any spare time?

I doubt if I'll be able to do anything with it, mate. It looks like it's a technical reason for it not playing the samples properly. Are all the samples numbered in the correct order on the samples window? If the numbers are not going up in order (1, 2, 3, 4) etc, the emulator will probably play the incorrect sample. If there are gaps in the numbers (8, 9, 10, 14, 15) I don't think you'll be able to fix it. The only person that could probably help you is Guitar.

#13 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

I doubt if I'll be able to do anything with it, mate. It looks like it's a technical reason for it not playing the samples properly. Are all the samples numbered in the correct order on the samples window? If the numbers are not going up in order (1, 2, 3, 4) etc, the emulator will probably play the incorrect sample. If there are gaps in the numbers (8, 9, 10, 14, 15) I don't think you'll be able to fix it. The only person that could probably help you is Guitar.

The numbers go up in sequence but when it gets to 20's there is a few missing then a lot missing in the 40's n 50's

#14 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

Thought as much. That's the reason why the emulator is playing incorrect samples, mate. There shouldn't be any gaps at all. Get in contact with Guitar, and see if he can sort the sounds out for you. :)

Edited by ploggy, 31 August 2010 - 07:06 PM.

#15 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

robinhood75 have you checked over at MR Ps as they have a fully working volcano

#16 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Thought as much. That's the reason why the emulator is playing incorrect samples, mate. There shouldn't be any gaps at all. Get in contact with Guitar, and see if he can sort the sounds out for you. :)

I think its down to there being 4 sound roms. MFME doesnt seem to like it anyway. When MFME splits the samples up on startup does it put them in a temp folder or is it held in memory, anyone know?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#17 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

It took me some time to do the flyer which I'm still not happy with.

You must be bonkers. It looks great! Looking forward to this.

#18 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

I think its down to there being 4 sound roms. MFME doesnt seem to like it anyway. When MFME splits the samples up on startup does it put them in a temp folder or is it held in memory, anyone know?

It holds them in memory, mate. No files are dropped into the folder.

#19 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

Well I was too impatient to wait for someone else to release this, so I decided to take it on myself :)

It's nearly ready for release, but needs some general housekeeping first. I also can't get the 7-seg display for the cashpot to work and I can't figure out why - anybody got any advice?

Finally, let me know if you would like to playtest it :)

Screeny below. Space was a bit tight and I'm not 100% happy with it yet.

Attached Files

#20 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Shrink yer font a bit then would of fit fine.... unless its the hard of sight edition :err: lol

still looking good about time a BWB came out :notworthy:

Edited by Johnnyafc, 25 September 2010 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users