Fun In The Sun Barcrest £15 DX 1024

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 santino

santino

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

hey bruce amazing, still works on nudge gamble any chance you could do overload aswell as i loved that game:notworthy:

#22 jmon

jmon

Contributor

• Contributor
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

:yes::notworthy:Thank you i love it cograts bud thank you for including me in this
Join Me At
Posted Image
====>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/JMONHEYMON <<<<---New released layouts updated frequently < last update April 5th >
Posted Image
And join me at http://www.vpforums....ewcat&cat_id=23 for great full screen cabinet recreations HEYMON IT'S JMON!
May we live forever in fruities
(¥¤&#12297; JMON &#12297;¤¥)

#23 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

On overload there is a classic on the site mate as i can see there is no flyer to work on a DX of it i will ask about and it one shows up i will have a go at it

Edited by brucegeorge, 04 September 2009 - 12:40 AM.

#24 rizzla37

rizzla37

• New Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:35 AM

cheers bruce great layout thanks very much

#25 Steveir

Steveir

• Regulars
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

On overload there is a classic on the site mate as i can see there is no flyer to work on a DX of it i will ask about and it one shows up i will have a go at it

I did the classic so if you need any help.....

I did have some pictures for this but recently deleted them, trying to recover them now

edit: can't even see them using Recuva....but then I've cleared out a lot lately and recovered 25gb from a friend's disk....sorry about that

Edited by Steveir, 04 September 2009 - 08:18 PM.

#26 rtb1234

rtb1234

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Used to play this down my local chinese, used to be the only bugger to ever win on it.. Fantastic Job mate, brought back many happy memorys of free food

#27 agentmrp

agentmrp

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

thanx for this m8

#28 logos

logos

The One And Only

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

:cool:Brilliant game, brilliant layout, keep up the good work.:cool:

Edited by logos, 06 September 2009 - 11:15 AM.

#29 Yan

Yan

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

I tried to place this last night and regret to say the lamping was unreadable and everything too small.

#30 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

I tried to place this last night and regret to say the lamping was unreadable and everything too small.

Why dont you just F*** OFF you silly little TW*T i have taken as much of this as i can:mad:

#31 Yan

Yan

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

Why dont you just F*** OFF you silly little TW*T i have taken as much of this as i can:mad:

Hang on - this is for feedback adn comments - do you not value them or would you rather everyone said how good it was when there clearly is issues?

#32 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

Jesus this is a hobby for christ sake.....

Yan, yeah you appear to 'have it in' for Bruce (not seen you reply to many other's releases).

Bruce, I think you are allowing yourself to be wound-up a little.

Can't this silly tit-for-tat end now.....I for One really ain't interested in it.

#33 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

I'm going to find it hard to do a decent reply here.........
Because there are some sides to address in both cases.
Yan I can see where you are getting at in some aspects, but tbh you haven't really gone in the right way to make a good name for yourself by your previous posts. You want to offer some constructive crit but because of what you said in the past over these 1024 layouts it will come across as being a moany git. It's a shame but it's something you dug yourself into in the past, if I am brutally honest mate.

On the other hand, I can see some ways the layout CAN be improved, eg a little more cleaning up the flyer to make the Duty Free a bit clearer to read.
Bruce if I am totally honest here I really really hate saying things like this because I have no experience myself at creating layouts nor the tools. My screen res is 1280 so I can't give a more experienced opinion either! Don't let any posts by me or other people make you throw in the towel because the scene nees you and your 1024 DXes, you are a lifeline to the scene for the peeps with laptops.
And about it being small?

"Small" is a RELATIVE measure!!!

Golden rule here.....Is a 1024 always too small wherever you go? Can lappy users play 1600 DXs perfectly because the people with 1920 screens can? No. Simple. There are a variety of sizes because there are a variety of screens. If you can't find what you want, pick up the tools and try your hand at it;) There are tutorials about and the layout designers will be happy to assist you!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#34 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

I'm not being funny yan but you only seem to comment when theres something you find to nit pik at. I haven't seen you say thanks to anyones layouts but you have downloaded alot not hard to comment on a layout and say thanks if you liked it. FFS grow up it's getting a bit childish now you don't like it why download it you knew it was a 1024 before you downloaded it:err:

#35 Yan

Yan

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

I'm not being funny yan but you only seem to comment when theres something you find to nit pik at. I haven't seen you say thanks to anyones layouts but you have downloaded alot not hard to comment on a layout and say thanks if you liked it. FFS grow up it's getting a bit childish now you don't like it why download it you knew it was a 1024 before you downloaded it:err:

Tommy, I agree, I did know it was a 1024.

I also thought that my initial comments were wrong.

The amount of thanks getting paid to this layout must mean that I had misjudged this low resolution release.

It is clear that all this thanks was misplaced as people here are happier to say thank you rather then give comments, which is the purpose for this.

I will try to enjoy this release, no matter how hard it is to see what is going on and I have given you a 1 Star rating.

Thank you Bruce, this was fantastic. I have also reported you for the abuse that I quoted above.

I hope that moderators here are not transparrent and actually deal with it.

#36 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Thank you Bruce, this was fantastic. I have also reported you for the abuse that I quoted above.

I hope that moderators here are not transparrent and actually deal with it.

Ady and I have already responded to it as you can see.

Now I am thinking it not fair on Bruce's part to turn his thread into an argument.

If you have anything else to add drop me a PM

PS we are not transparent;) this can also be discussed via a PM to me

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#37 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

Why did you download it in the first place Yan as it plainly said in the release thread it was a 1024? Personally I don't normally download 1024 versions as I run at 1280 or 1600 and I would have thought others did the same.

When someone has spent ages on a layout (and YES there is a call for 1024 versions) the last thing they need is some clever git asking when a 1280 or higher will be available. Its like saying when is the DX available in someone's 'classic' thread - totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

Having said that Brucegeorge's response was well over the top!!

A lesson learned on both sides me thinks!!

#38 santino

santino

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

nice one mate ;) please do

#39 BC3

BC3

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

Hi guys im very new to this. I have downloaded the above and have a emu. When i try to run it all i get is an image but it actually doesnt run as a machine. WHat do i need or do?
Thanks

#40 rizzla37

rizzla37

• New Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

thanks alot excellent stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users