Photo
- - - - -

Can't get Fruit Machine to Start (Do I Have All Files?)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sconcquence

sconcquence

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

I recently downloaded my collection of FME ROMs off Usenet. The first machine I tried was "Arabian Nights". I have two files related to Arabian Nights:

Arabian Nights (Barcrest).zip: Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].dat
Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].gam

Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].zip:
Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].hex

I tried to play the game with just the .dat and .gam files, but it said that the ROM files were missing. I threw in the .hex file, and now it loads, but it doesn't seem to want to turn on.

I can press buttons, and they rise and fall as they should, but they don't produce any machine effects. The machine looks dark, as if it needs to be turned on.

I cannot find any documentation anywhere relating to these emulators and the structure of ROM files. The '0' key to insert money doesn't work. Nothing seems to work.

Do I have all of the files necessary? I hate to ask a newbie question like this, but like I said before, documentation seems to evade me.

Thanks.

--

#2 sconcquence

sconcquence

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:57 PM

BTW, I am using MFMEv3 (and have tried MFMEv2).

#3 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

you will need mfme 9.4 or higher.

get it here> Login - powered by Easy File Sharing Web Server

you will need to log in as a guest.

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

I recently downloaded my collection of FME ROMs off Usenet. The first machine I tried was "Arabian Nights". I have two files related to Arabian Nights:

Arabian Nights (Barcrest).zip: Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].dat
Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].gam

Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].zip:
Arabian_Nights_(Barcrest)_[Dx01_1280_15jp].hex

I tried to play the game with just the .dat and .gam files, but it said that the ROM files were missing. I threw in the .hex file, and now it loads, but it doesn't seem to want to turn on.

I can press buttons, and they rise and fall as they should, but they don't produce any machine effects. The machine looks dark, as if it needs to be turned on.

I cannot find any documentation anywhere relating to these emulators and the structure of ROM files. The '0' key to insert money doesn't work. Nothing seems to work.

Do I have all of the files necessary? I hate to ask a newbie question like this, but like I said before, documentation seems to evade me.

Thanks.

--

No..that looks like just the ROM you have..Ive gave this advice before and will do so again.

From this site first off get the DX Layout..then get the ROM make a folder and put both files into it and extract.

Arabian nights is MPU5 so you need MFME 9.4 or higher..which can be found from the links on the left..download cow..or cliffs repro.

Once downloaded extract MFME 9.4 double click.file>browse for arabian nights folder>highlight .gam file>open..enjoy.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 GaryChandler

GaryChandler

Banned

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:39 AM

If you cant work out how to do this you might aswel give up in life to be honest.

#6 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

If you cant work out how to do this you might aswel give up in life to be honest.

Oh shut your c***ing mouth you prick.

Posted Image

#7 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

You really are a lying little shit of the highest order you pie!!!...and like Vamp says, a c*** to boot!!! I'm gonna steal ya caravan ya gypo!!!! :bigeyes14:
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#8 sneaky

sneaky

• New Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

lonely?
Double Twelve will haunt me forever!!

#9 GaryChandler

GaryChandler

Banned

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

Laughing my ass off.

#10 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

Laughing my ass off.

Its actually LMAO.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#11 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:40 PM

I recently downloaded my collection of FME ROMs off Usenet.
--

Why bother downloading them off Usenet - when you get get them all here in the download section ????

#12 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:59 AM

Why bother downloading them off Usenet - when you get get them all here in the download section ????

I'm guessing because its a thousand times easier than downloading one by one from here. Saves this place bandwidth too.

Posted Image

#13 GaryChandler

GaryChandler

Banned

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

Yeah Darienne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users