• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 convict

convict

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

Hi,

I went on holiday awhile ago and played on a fruit machine called "super pool" and it was really good but they are selling it. They said i could buy it for £145, but i dont know if thats good or not? plus i though most holiday places rent them or something?

Picture:
Posted Image

It looks like a maygay to me because of the casing but i could be wrong?

Anyways do you think i should or not? if not does anyone know where i could find another one?

Thanks

#2 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:36 AM

well the machine looks in good nick if thats the actual machine however u could try knocking the price down abit.

as regards to renting machines alot of these holiday places tend to own alot of there own machines, but saying that some places do actaully have machines on site on a shares basis with company's like leisure projects which is part of bass.

#3 convict

convict

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:40 AM

well the machine looks in good nick if thats the actual machine however u could try knocking the price down abit.

as regards to renting machines alot of these holiday places tend to own alot of there own machines, but saying that some places do actaully have machines on site on a shares basis with company's like leisure projects which is part of bass.

Ok cool thanks for your help. Can you tell if that is maygay or globle? because they seem to have the same casing but multi-coloured :bigeyes03:

#4 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

I think you could get something much better from ebay for much less than that (unless it includes shipping). I think you are right about it being a global game, but impossible to tell from here ;)

I would see what is available on ebay and what prices and then decide if it's worth it or not.

Most of the arcades I have spoke to by the coast own their own machines (unless they are part of bigger company - like butlins/ rank etc.).
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#5 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

It's an Extreme...The Jackpot logo on ExtremeGlobal/Impulse is the company logo, and on Maygay, it's not.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#6 convict

convict

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:04 AM

I think you could get something much better from ebay for much less than that (unless it includes shipping). I think you are right about it being a global game, but impossible to tell from here ;)

I would see what is available on ebay and what prices and then decide if it's worth it or not.

Most of the arcades I have spoke to by the coast own their own machines (unless they are part of bigger company - like butlins/ rank etc.).

Yeah ebay have one for £75! and delivery is £55 which is cheap. And butlins was the place it was. Because they had 4, 3 where the bingo is in the arcade.

#7 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

good machine

crap technology.

thats why they will be selling as the technology is not avaliable anymore unless you buy it second hand on ebay or a fruit machine supplier has plenty spares.

baz

#8 convict

convict

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, i dont know if i will buy it, because i have some mechines i want to get rid off but cant find the right ppl to buy them. So until i do i wont be able to buy a new one for now

#9 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

Personally, It looks like a good machine really, and i've seen one in Butlins...

£145 isnt too bad for a good looking machine, but there could be summert wrong with it....sometimes best to play before you buy too :D

#10 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:31 PM

mabye a good machine, but baz has hit it squarely on the head- crap technoolgy and a total lack of spares- if its for home use, theres not much point in buying a machine to run daily if its impossible to repair faults. Better sticking to something a bit more robust, like a crest or vivid mpu5 or a BFM- plenty of spares knocking around for those, and the aftersales teams of both companies, in my experience, will try and help home users whenever they can. The likes of the others, like the EPOCH or HEBER variaints, are somewhat over complex for their own good, are damn unrelaible and difficult to troubleshoot in event of failure. Now, 145 for it is probably a bit on the high side, and theres much better things sitting on ebay right now. You can regularly snap up a recent mpu5 machine for under 100, clubbers for 125tops, unless you are aiming for a 2003/2004 model, but look carefully, because some people list badly on ebay, not describing enough, or not discribing at all, but theres a damn good machine in the picture- If you ask questions, phone any numbers that are given etc, youll land the machine you want- I landed my cashino for just 80pound, a fraction of what that machine is worth to collectors. I have had a gridrunner impulse machine in the past too, and an mpu5 machine for under 100quid, and that was back in 2002!
good things come to those who wait as they say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users