Photo
- - - - -

Is £350 for "All Fired Up" a good price?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jweaver

jweaver

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:07 PM

I have been trying to buy a machine for a few weeks and following unanimous recommendations, decided to got for "Vamp It Up".. I had one lined up on Ebay, but my and another user of this forum got into a bidding war and I bottled out.

To be honest, my absolute limit was £200, but I went well over that.. Whilst I want a good machine, I also want it to be in good condition as its going to be a main feature in my dining room.

I decided to look for another and found "Hot Stuff" for sale.. After speaking to the seller, I was disappointed to learn that due to the metal surround, the condition usually suffers as the paint flakes off.. I then found another 'Hot Stuff' which was described as "Perfect", but I was sent some closeup pics and frankly it looks tatty (All of the sharp edges are missing their paint).

I have now been offered an IMMACULATE "All Fired UP" for £350 which is well over my original budget, but I am getting a relativly current machine and the assurance that its "as new".. I don't want to spend this much, but after looking closely at a couple of machines, I have started to think that my quest to get something in a suitable condition on my budget is looking unlikely.

What do you think I should do:

1. Hold out for a cheaper machine and hope that I can get a good one
2. Just go for it and buy "All Fired Up" for £350.

I know that you can't answer this question for me, but it would be nice to hear some people say "thats an amazing price, I would jump at it for that", just so that I can justify spending this much to myself..

I look forwards to your opinions..

Jon

#2 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:28 PM

personally i wouldn't pay £350 for an all fired up unless it was in genuine immaculate condition.

the metal surround that surrounds the buttons is very easy to repaint.

baz

#3 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

that sort of price is trade price, hunt around for a hellraiser or a cheaper version.

#4 CoasterDesignerpro

CoasterDesignerpro

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

If you want AFU try and lower the price to £310. £350 should be the price for a Supernova, which is a few months newer, it is the same game though just newer in terms of release date, AUG/SEP 04 i think.

#5 jweaver

jweaver

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

Thats my problem.. I am looking around for the earlier versions.. But today I have been sent details of 2 different 'Hot Stuffs" and they are really tatty. I want one for my living room and need it to be in very good condition and the ones I have seen today are not!

Since "Hot Stuff" seems to sell for upto £200 and isn't perect, I figured that £150 extra for a machine 2 years newer and in "Mint Condition" (atleast I have been told this) doesn't seem too bad.

I don't think that the price is negotiable.. I was quoted £400 earlier.. But I have knocked him down to £350...

But I accept everyones opinion and the concensus seems to be that its not worth it.. However, its very possible that I might just go for it, as I am getting bored of trying to track down something suitable.

Jon

#6 strid

strid

Barcrest to the bone!

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:18 PM

Jon,

I'll PM you now. Check your messages!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users