Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Who here owns their own fruit machine(s)?

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#41 dazza

dazza

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

Royal Exchange
Fortune numbers

Both old Barcrest machines. Want to offload the RE as it's taking a bit too much space up so may put it on ebay soon.

#42 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:57 PM

A lot of people have PCB's or Club PCB's...one of Barcrest's better games.

DildoDez - you have a piece of history in JPM's Fairground - look after it mate! Incidentally there's still one in Porthcawl in one of the arcades in the fair. There's also a Hagar and a couple of Crown Jesters. I think the fair gets demolished soon to make way for apartments and new houses - hope these classic games don't end up going to the big fruit-machine graveyard in the sky...

The Fairground is gone a wee while ago. Sold it for £40. D'oh! If i'd known a bit more about machines then, i'd have stuck it on ebay. I dare say i'd have got more than £40 anyway...:(

#43 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

Sorry to go slightly off thread.....But....

I went up in the loft today....and I saw this glass, I put that up there nearly 25 years ago!
My first ever machine, 10p for 2 goes and a 50pJP.....My mum went mad when I bought it :)

Be great if someone somewhere had this machine now with a broken glass....

Attached Files

#44 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:25 PM

Nice glass ady, very retro looking...

Then again, 25 years ago it would do!
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#45 cairndorep

cairndorep

• New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

Im from northern Ireland , any1 no where wud do good fruities for delivery? wouldnt mind a crystal maze!

#46 romx

romx

the psycho cash beast

• New Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:41 PM

i just bought simpsons homers meltdown and got trivial pursuit free :D
guy wanted the space so gave me the machine
planning to buy a few more in a few weeks time (psycho cash beast & its a knockout)

at min i only have

homers meltdown
trivial pursuit

#47 cde3879

cde3879

Psycho Cash Beast :)

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:55 PM

I've just bought Psycho Cash Beast Club, £75-£250jp version, and can honestly say that it's one of the best machines I've ever played. Took a bit of work getting it upstairs though :)

I like the psycho play button on it, lets you rest your fingers while the machine does all the work - great for when you're wanting to force it too to see if it can be done.

#48 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

Took a bit of work getting it upstairs though :)

Yeah I had that problem with a bird I met downtown last night....in fact I gave up! :)

As this is repeated by you on a Couple of threads you are obviously happy....good on you, be a shock when you see how much it makes though.

As you'll play it a bit in the next few day's it'll be interesting to see in real money (not %'ages) how much you will put in and/or lose..........Can you post the result back in cash terms.

#49 cde3879

cde3879

Psycho Cash Beast :)

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:12 PM

Yeah I had that problem with a bird I met downtown last night....in fact I gave up! :)

As this is repeated by you on a Couple of threads you are obviously happy....good on you, be a shock when you see how much it makes though.

As you'll play it a bit in the next few day's it'll be interesting to see in real money (not %'ages) how much you will put in and/or lose..........Can you post the result back in cash terms.

hehe she must have been quite wide :)

Yeah will definitely keep a log of money in and money out. I'll do it over a week so you can see any patterns. Is there any particular way you'd like me to play the machine (eg forcing, taking medium wins, etc)?

#50 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

hehe she must have been quite wide :)

Yeah will definitely keep a log of money in and money out. I'll do it over a week so you can see any patterns. Is there any particular way you'd like me to play the machine (eg forcing, taking medium wins, etc)?

The reason I asked this is on numerious threads the reply on 'payouts' is purely on %'ages.........however it's played (which of course it is), i'm just curious to the actual 'hard-cash' return (on what is a set % overall), it'll just be nice to quote somehing thats compared in an enviroment where it'll be played to death over the next few days.

Of course thers factors...what was won or played before you got it...........I just think it'll be interesting for someone to make regular updates without a %'age change....like..

Week One:-

Set at 90%
In £300
Out £190

Two:-

Set at:- 90%
In £700
Out £635

Just a proper insight to a real machine thats popular...and just wondering how it flutuates.

#51 Jimbob219

Jimbob219

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

I currently own a The Simpsons classic machine £5 jp 10p play. Also currently on the lookout ofr a big brother £25 25p play. I have found one and it is £350 which i think is quite a good price for such a decent machine.

Jimbob

#52 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

I currently own a The Simpsons classic machine £5 jp 10p play. Also currently on the lookout ofr a big brother £25 25p play. I have found one and it is £350 which i think is quite a good price for such a decent machine.

Jimbob

You must be joking. You can easily get a Big Brother for about the £125 mark (plus postage) if you look hard enough :)

Anyway, update :

I currently own

Monty Pythons Flying Circus (Barcrest MPU5 Genesis), on £5/10p (I have the £25 decals and chip though)

Club Crazy Fruits (BFM Scorpion 4 Smiley 2), on £100/10p (I have the £75/5p, £100/5p, £100&£250/10p&20p Dual Stake)
----Note that the above machine is going to be replaced either by another Club Crazy Fruits, or possibly another machine, in about 2 weeks. Issues with reels and supplier has agreed a straight swap - I'll keep you updated ;)

Cluedo SWP (JPM IMPACT(Video) Vogue), on 50p/£20 (I think, been sat in a garage in bits gathering dust - I will sort it out come Summer ;))

Austin Powers (Barcrest MPU5 Tall Genesis) on £5/10p (I have the £8 and £25 decals and chip).
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#53 Jimbob219

Jimbob219

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Oh lol... People who worked in the place said it would be the best price going... Ok I'll search around and have a quick check on ebay for a big brother.

Ps: What about your totp machine, you didn't mention it, has it gone to a better place?

Jimbob

#54 CanonMan

CanonMan

• New Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

I've currently got a Maygay Cluedo Super Sleuth on 25p/£15 jackpot and an ancient VFS Noughts 'n' Crosses, an old MPU3 rebuild, on 2p/£1.50 jackpot :)

The Cluedo Super Sleuth is up for sale at the moment, and I may sell the Noughts 'n' Crosses if someone makes me a reasonable offer for it!

#55 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

Oh lol... People who worked in the place said it would be the best price going... Ok I'll search around and have a quick check on ebay for a big brother.

Jimbob

I have a box of matches.....nearly new (One missing-but can be easily replaced, for 20p i'll do it).

A must at just £1.25 (fixed)....i'm a Tobbaconist....best price going..honest!

jimbob, if you have no idea, best advice from me.......Don't give it to others!

#56 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:02 PM

Ps: What about your totp machine, you didn't mention it, has it gone to a better place?

Jimbob

Nah, still here, but considering selling it - thats my dads machine anyway BTW, but it doesn't get much attention with Monty Python around ;)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#57 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

has anybody purchased one of those imported japanese machines on ebay? parchino or what ever there called?

theres quite an array like t2 starwars bob sapp etc.

any good?

#58 M1Adness

M1Adness

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

Got enough Maygays to open an arcade!

Probably about 20-25 at present, most purchased for DX purposes.

#59 CoasterDesignerpro

CoasterDesignerpro

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:03 AM

I now have-

Im a Celebrity Get me out of here- £25 and £5, note acceptor, castors.

Devil of a Deal- £25, note acceptor, castors.

I am selling them for-

£750- im a celeb- april/may 04
£400- Devil of a deal- march 04

Pics on request, possible delivery for about £50-£60, or you can collect from the south coast near Southampton. The machines are NOT stolen, if you collect i will prove this by means of reciept.

#60 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:50 AM

Got enough Maygays to open an arcade!

Probably about 20-25 at present, most purchased for DX purposes.

Very impressive :) But no furniture lol!

-------------------------

I now have,

Bwb Red Hot Poker,
Barcrest Spiker The Biker (off Ben)
Astra Big Ten
Global Who Wants To Be A Millionhare

Room for just 1 more, keeping my options open atm, maybe another Astra, excellent game Big Ten is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users