Photo
- - - - -

Machine not connected to top box... What would you do?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Hi everyone

Today I played an OXO Super Reels machine on £25 jackpot in an arcade.

It usually takes anything up to around £60 of play to get on the feature I have been told by a few people, but today I put around £200 of plays through it and did not get one feature. (I lost around £100 on it)

The machine said it was on 92%, and when I asked them if this was correct they said probably not and said it would be on around 84%???

An arcade owned by the same people is known for having machines not connected to the top box.

I'm thinking about going back there tomorrow and trying to get my money back, what do you think I should do?

Should I ask them to play it on test mode and prove it is connected to the top? Should I say about the percentages and tell them I wouldnt of played it if I knew it wasnt on 92% like it said?

I know multiplayer machines usually say No Comms To Top Box when they arent connected, but 1 of the party times in the other arcade I have seen thousands of wins on and it has never gone up.

What would you do? £100 is a lot of money to me, I don't mind losing normally, but this just seems unfair.

The attendant I asked today also said it was probably just 'on the take'. lol

#2 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:04 PM

the electrocoins can takes a fair whack to get to the top

on 5 pound it can take 50 to go once for one flat

but the top box would be connected as the slaves wouldnt work as they alarm if if the top box isnt there

you have just caught the machines on a bad day or somebody has creamed it so i would just move on

#3 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

as if its on a high % it cannot save up

same on 5 pound had one on 94% and they only ever did the old fashion 3 pound x3 tops

#4 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:09 PM

I reckon they will laugh at you if you ask for your money back.
I doubt they will show you the machine on test mode, why would they? If you are doubtful of their practices, why did you go there and waste £200 in the first place?
Learn a lesson, cut your losses, stop complaining the arcade fleeced you and move on. Even better don't play any machines as there is only ever one winner.

#5 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:16 PM

phoned them up. they said they are gonna look into it and test it and im going in on saturday to see if they found anything wrong with it. i have talked to a few people and they all think its dodgy.

#6 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

its not dodgy as if the top box wasnt connected you wouldnt be able to play the slave machines believe me i have seen it a few times the top box has reset on the top box but the feature allways carrys on

but if you keep on moaning and complaining you will get barred for being a problem gambler as you asking for your money back will set off red flag

#7 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:03 PM

If the machine displays 92% then by law that's what the machine should be set to. If they said 84% then no wonder it took 100 without a top. These can take 100 + on 90/92% when there in a bad state and not give a top.

Hold the bells mate.

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

i once put over £200 on a £25 partytime without a top feature when it finally gave in it only gave £5 so as bb06 states they should be connected if not i suppose you'd get more wins on the base slave, in my eyes you were just unlucky. try loading the mfme partytimes without the top box connected you'll get no comms to master

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#9 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

thats one of the reasons i dont touch the 25 or the 5r partytimes as the can hammer you

i only ever play the 5r and 10r bullions

with the odd go on the 10r newer version of the wow partytimes best result 3 spins in top board from xs 3 jackpots i run with my money quick of of the door

#10 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

If they must display the correct percentage and they didnt, surely thats unfair? i definitely wouldnt play it to try and get a top if it was on 84...

#11 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

if the top box isnt connected it would either lock up or just do a feature with the bottom set of reels (your reels)

as for the advertised percentage, they are breaking the law. I advise you to start a complaint with the arcade, and failing to meet your expectations, inform the gaming commission that you feel the machine was not paying its advertised percentage - provide proof if you have any.

which arcade is this? name and shame them.

#12 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

not going to bring up the arcade yet. only if they dont sort this out.

#13 notmanynamesleft789123

notmanynamesleft789123

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

which arcade out of intrest??

the other arcade is the pier? and player 3 partytime bingo

btw 200+ without a top is easily possible

#14 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:30 AM

i know of loads machines with the persentages set higher then what it says on the glass ie 86 on the glass but its set at 90

admirals got  5 player bulllion bee riched with %s on one 88 and the last machine is set on 96

concepts silver and gold 78% on the glass but the machines set at 86% the list goes on

#15 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

Hi, couldn't resist seeing this topic as I play these constantly. Could someone please PM me a list of common fruity terminology, for example, what is test mode, slaves, main, top box, alarms and what the error messages are for and hoppers. What also does it mean to set a machine to 90 percent to 84 percent? Also can someone explain can this be altered in MFME 6.1? Many thanks. Tom. As for getting money back, no chance!

#16 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

Had a similar scenario myself, my local had a £5 partytime 3x player and I must of pumped player 1 for the best part of £40-50 without going up. I knew the top box was functioning fine as it was taking the other 2 up. Fortunately I know the staff and the engineer in the arcade as I've been going there for so long, I asked them to take a look cause it had never played so bad before, which in fairness they did and it turned out that there was a issue with it and gave me a fiver as compensation which was a bit naff really but just chalked it off as a bad experience.

#17 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

i definitely wouldnt of tried to get a board if i knew it was on about 84% lol their lie made me lose

#18 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

i know of loads machines with the persentages set higher then what it says on the glass ie 86 on the glass but its set at 90

Its allowed to be higher than stated, its only breaking the law if lower than stated.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#19 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

I had this within a aracde in Morecambe and Blackpool

The one in Morecambe being Pleasureland Arcade where the 3 player party time deluxe (Player 3) would keep flashing in attract more whilst playing it as Players 1 and 2 didn't attract when you played them, told the staff/engineer about it and they said that it 'should do that' and I went 'No it shouldn't, so they did a test on it and found out that it wasn't connected to the top box and they believed to think a 'Machine Light Bulb' would fix it when infact we all know it wouldn't, so after about 30 minutes of trying to find the problem, they said that it was connected to the top box and surprise it wasn't when I went to play it again, so had a argument with them and they told me not to come back unless I say I was Sorry., in which I won't be doing!

I believe some arcades try to fleece you and make you feel dumb when you know what machines should do even after playing them for over 15+ years.

The one in Blackpool being Star Attractions (aka Mr. B's and Golden Mile), went to play the 3 player stand up one, fairly 1 and 3 went up without a problem and surprise, it was Number 2 that was in attract mode this time whilst playing it as I put around £30 through it and had a talk with the staff there and they said that they would look into it as the technician came out and managed to sort it out and they gave me my £30 back after looking through the CCTV and seeing that I had been playing it.

Went back to the day after after it was fixed and it went up like crazy (Hot Streak), must of had about 50+ boards within £10 and emptying just nearly £140+ out of it (after they refilled it when it was empty).

Went back the day after that to think it might of died down, but managed to get another £70+ from it.

As I know that when these are in attract mode and don't do tops when they should then they would save up and go on a run when they are fixed/connected to the top box.

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#20 notmanynamesleft789123

notmanynamesleft789123

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

Went back to the day after after it was fixed and it went up like crazy (Hot Streak), must of had about 50+ boards within £10 and emptying just nearly £140+ out of it (after they refilled it when it was empty).

Went back the day after that to think it might of died down, but managed to get another £70+ from it.

As I know that when these are in attract mode and don't do tops when they should then they would save up and go on a run when they are fixed/connected to the top box.

yeah there are different compensators for the topbox and reel wins. knew someone who worked where a partytime was sited and he would disconnect one of the slaves for a week then reconnect it after close and play out a weeks worth of saved up tops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users