mfme5/mfme6

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mikeyposh11

Mikeyposh11

• Regulars
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

I'm not the smartest of cookies around, but a quick question. As some layouts are designed for mfme5, and some mfme6, but some of the 5 won't work on 6, and vice versa, so, maybe their isnt a solution to this, but I find myself using both emulators to play all machines, but when changing from 1 to the other, I have that 60 second delay where I need to confirm to terms and conditions - is this normal? or is there a way around it? 

I recently picked up a few retro machines, and couldn't play them on 6, hence me using 5 for them to play, although, I think, most will play on 6, but wernt sure If I was missing something

Thanks in-advance

#2 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

Use v5.1 to convert the layout files to .fml then everything will run in v6. v6 no longer supports the .dat layout format.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#3 Mikeyposh11

Mikeyposh11

• Regulars
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

How straight forward is that?

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

Everytime you say download a game previously released prior to mfme 5 (Oct 2016 ) load these layouts in mfme 5.1 then when you exit them remember to save the game, this will then save it to the "new" FML file format which will then run in mfme6. All or most layouts released for mfme5-6 will run in mfme6 'n'
Some older layouts will need re configuring to run in Mfme6 correctly
Search the forums for possible Corrections
As for the notes when you open mfme5.1-6 this is designed o stop fleabay disc sellers it will display everytime you toggle between those mfme's
As said I strongly suggest everytime you download a pre Oct 2016 layout you save the layout that way you won't have a backlog to catch up on.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 Mikeyposh11

Mikeyposh11

• Regulars
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Wicked - you're a star,  - am playing about with it now, can't recall which layouts wouldn't work on 6, but Ill just merge the lot, and deal with those when they crop up, and in meantime, keep mfme5 as a back up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users