thread locking???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:24 PM

now before i start i just wanna point out im not taking any sides here and maybe its not a good idea me posting this but hey.......

why is it that when we get threads which start up a debate they always get locked like this!! i mean the empire thread for example.....everyone wants to know the full story behind empire but whenever we start to get a bit closer to knowing what really go's on....something like this happens. if its cos of bad posts then we all know the threads can be split...so why do they always seem to be locked......i mean this is what we'r here for...so if every thread that is slightly touchy gets locked by the mods cos they dont like it, then whats the point.
fruit-emu tends to make out to alot of people that empire roms ARE NOT available even though they are.......and if fruit emu doesnt want to host them.....and sais that they arnt available so that they dont get nOObs asking for them....then why host the damn layouts??
also....from what iv learnt in my time here...most of the company's dont support the scene any more and would prefer not to have thier machines hosted....but no-one really takes any notice of that so why they make such a big deal about upsetting the t@*ts at empire??
and i know its not my place to say (and tbh i really dont care) but even if they were hosted..i really dont think it would be 'the end of the scene' as some people have put it!!

i think alot of people deserve a good explaination to some of the threads like this.....then maybe the subjects wont keep coming up again and again!
locking them just seems to prolong the matters or cause more hassle.

like i said im not taking any sides.....just fed up of all this tbh.

Moco

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:35 PM

Moco, if you had read my post in the Empire thread, you would see it was locked because it wouldn't be a debate, it would be [as it had already become], another chance for Alth to go off on one.

You would also see, had you read my post, that I have asked the people at Fruit Forums for their help in sorting out what was actually said by Empire.

I won't lock this thread, but will also say that threads are locked not because of debate, which I am 100% for, but they are locked when debates turn into calling Fruit-Emu

'some kind of nazi like draconian uberforum that clearly does not fit its mods with the tools needed to run it'

and basically involves NOT telling us what the almighty Alth thinks the Empire situation is all about, instead just a chance to come out with comments like

'ADYDB shut the f*** up until you know what the f*** you are talking about ok'.

Considering I had asked, in a post prior to that outburst, for himself to clarify matters and let us know what his opinion was, he point blank refused to, and decided to take that attitude.

If you want to call the moderation here into question, feel free to PM the moderators, or even post in the public forums - but make sure you read the posts before I lock a thread.

Oh, I've also not locked this thread. I probably should do, Alth will no doubt come in and start telling the mods to f*** off again.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

, another chance for Alth to go off on one.

You would also see, had you read my post, that I have asked the people at Fruit Forums for their help in sorting out what was actually said by Empire.

I won't lock this thread, but will also say that threads are locked not because of debate, which I am 100% for, but they are locked when debates turn into calling Fruit-Emu

'some kind of nazi like draconian uberforum that clearly does not fit its mods with the tools needed to run it'

and basically involves NOT telling us what the almighty Alth thinks the Empire situation is all about, instead just a chance to come out with comments like

Considering I had asked, in a post prior to that outburst, for himself to clarify matters and let us know what his opinion was, he point blank refused to, and decided to take that attitude.

If you want to call the moderation here into question, feel free to PM the moderators, or even post in the public forums - but make sure you read the posts before I lock a thread.

Oh, I've also not locked this thread. I probably should do, Alth will no doubt come in and start telling the mods to f*** off again.

Moco, if you had read my post in the Empire thread.

ben....first off i DID read your post (and all the rest for that matter) and just didnt agree with what was done.....not what you'd said.

again.... i did read your post.
why does a thread like this have to be sent over to fruit forums?? whats the problem with it being posted here where alot more people will see it. ff has enough debates of its own without us sending one thier way which they'v probly been over a hundred times

i hope you wont lock this thread cos that'd be proving my point!
if we havnt earnt the right to talk about things like this at fe then fine but no ones getting at it.....i just dont think some people understand the reasons behind fe not hosting them and should be able to know why......what harm does it cause??

split the post then as you would have seen i had suggested had you read MY post ben

so this means that you should lock the thread so no-one else can have they'r opinion on the matter??

im not challenging the mods ben....i get on with all of you very well. but if your gonna get arsy the first time i have something to say regarding you then maybe iv made a mistake.

il say it once more....I DID READ YOUR POST!!!

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:03 PM

No offense, I asked over at FF because people over there generally don't post over here, which is a shame as many of them are the 'founders' of the FME community.

I locked the thread because there was no debate. How can there be a debate on such a topic?

I didn't send a debate over to Fruit Forums. Again, you see to be stuck on your definition of 'Debate'. Asking for information and being told to shut the f*** up isn't a debate. A bunch of people who don't understand a situtation guessing stuff is not a debate. And what I asked over at FF was definately just a simple question.

That thread was totally pointless, hence it was locked.

Once we get the facts [and it looks from info from Stevedue for example that we have our answer], I'll make a sticky topic on Empire ROMs, but TBH would still like layouts to be removed from this sites database.

There you have it.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#5 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:36 PM

No offense, I asked over at FF because people over there generally don't post over here, which is a shame as many of them are the 'founders' of the FME community.

I locked the thread because there was no debate. How can there be a debate on such a topic?

I didn't send a debate over to Fruit Forums. Again, you see to be stuck on your definition of 'Debate'. Asking for information and being told to shut the f*** up isn't a debate. A bunch of people who don't understand a situtation guessing stuff is not a debate. And what I asked over at FF was definately just a simple question.

That thread was totally pointless, hence it was locked.

Once we get the facts [and it looks from info from Stevedue for example that we have our answer], I'll make a sticky topic on Empire ROMs, but TBH would still like layouts to be removed from this sites database.

There you have it.

ok ben fair enough......but had you left that thread open a bit longer maybe steve couldve posted it there instead of having to start a whole new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users