MPU Mecca - maygay m1a/b board repair thread

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MPU Mecca

MPU Mecca

• Regulars
  • 10806 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

ok guys so as you may know i am fixing my own m1a/b maygay boards because no one will fix them an i'm maygay mad lol

and i have had some success fixing 4 in total since last march , i am going to use this same thread everytime time to talk about different m1 boards instead of starting a million  different posts on the same thing , and anyone else can use it for there problems too if no one minds and its ok to do so it makes sense.

so anyway here is the latest one or one off the latest ones (i have afew on the go) i've managed to get to boot from my scrap pile 

believe it or not as bad as it looks it now works , i couldn't believe it when it booted after the work i did i wasn't confident about this one at all. as specially when i carelessly burn't through the harting connector with the soldering iron whilst checking the back of the board

and had to fit another ,DSCF3959.JPGDSCF3961.JPGDSCF3963.JPGDSCF3964.JPG

it had 2 problems on boot one the meter error which i swapped out and socketed u40 and u41 which seems to have stopped that 

and the second problem is it won't take coins i've socketed and replaced u43 with no joy, and all night last night running the meter all over the tracks with bleep test .especially around the coin mech plug but i just can't find afaulty track???

does anyone know if there are any other ic's connected to the coin mech i could swap out i am gonna try again to find a broken track 

but i don't think there is one?  but then i'm thinking if one track was broke would it stop all coins??  is there one main track for all coins?

thanks and look forward to your help, comments or just chat

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users