Android - MFME

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zakkieboy44

zakkieboy44

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

I'll keep it short, as im not a man of many words :)

Crossover on Android  (https://play.google....eavers.cxoffice) runs MFME 6 (XP edition) quite well on a Chromebook and possibly tablets etc etc.

Im running Mega DOND on my Chromebook.... no lag, audio seems good - (no touch screen admittedly - closetouchinputhandle error) but generally a happy bunny!

just so you know :)

#2 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

62 in fact!!!!

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#3 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Cool!

#4 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

Works on x86 devices only, which limits them to intel based machines. and don't see many Intel/Android tablets reasonably priced these days.

#5 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

The Linx 7 has a port of x86 they can be got cheap

#6 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

Can get a second user Dell Pro 11 Core i3 for less than £90.  I have one, it's brilliant for mfme, though there is a slight problem at the minute with touchscreen in mfme v6 that will very likely be fixed the the next update.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#7 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

The Linx 7 has a port of x86 they can be got cheap

I'd recommend the Vision over the Linx 7, slightly bigger screen and the 2GB ram over 1GB on the 7/8.

Can get a second user Dell Pro 11 Core i3 for less than £90.  I have one, it's brilliant for mfme, though there is a slight problem at the minute with touchscreen in mfme v6 that will very likely be fixed the the next update.

J

Does that run full speed on Sc5/Adder 5? That's my only gripe with the vision :(

#8 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

I think so. I have the power settings tweaked so it run full power even when on just battery.

Will check now for you. It is fairly powerful.

J

#9 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

I just played Dond Big Deal and it runs flawlessly.  I'm still running mfme v5.1 on my the tablet as well, I think these techs have had improved speed wise in mfme v6.

J

#10 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

I managed 3 spins on my vision with V6 before it gave the input error and the speed is better, about 80% speed now vs the 60% before. Will keep an eye out for the i3 variant, Can only see them £140+ on ebay and outlet has nothing :(

#11 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

I'd recommend the Vision over the Linx 7, slightly bigger screen and the 2GB ram over 1GB on the 7/8.

Does that run full speed on Sc5/Adder 5? That's my only gripe with the vision :(

i have the dell venue 11 pro with the i5 cpu and 6gb RAM.......runs MFME fine other than the sc5/adder and MPU4 video layouts....properly slows down (but to be fair dell aggressively thermal throttle the i5 ver of this tablet....)

Edited by shaun2097, 16 January 2018 - 07:55 PM.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#12 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

I have a spare that has a power charge issue, the problem is every now and again it complains about it only using a 3 watt charger.  Once I switch off at the plug and back on again I get normal 23 watts.  It needs this to charge.  I do use a Dell dock cradle and it charges via different connector and never have any issues with that at all

If you are interested I might let it go.  It's a decent tablet to be fair. 

J

#13 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

i have the dell venue 11 pro with the i5 cpu and 6gb RAM.......runs MFME fine other than the sc5/adder and MPU4 video layouts....properly slows down (but to be fair dell aggressively thermal throttle the i5 ver of this tablet....)

I've tweaked my power and graphics to best perfornance.  I also changed bios settings to never let the system to save battery and underclock CPU.  I usually always play on AC but with these settings I'm able to play everything at normal speed.  The only one I have an issue with is my 4k Miami Dice layout, but my 1440 version plays full speed.

J

#14 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

I've tweaked my power and graphics to best perfornance.  I also changed bios settings to never let the system to save battery and underclock CPU.  I usually always play on AC but with these settings I'm able to play everything at normal speed.  The only one I have an issue with is my 4k Miami Dice layout, but my 1440 version plays full speed.

J

yeah, ive done all that but DELL went to great lenghts to throttle i5 variant of my tablet (venue pro 7139) (gets too hot next to the battery is one of the reasons they give)

its well documented on the dell forums and you have to use the GRUB64 and BAR EDIT prog to try to undo all the crap they put in place....it does work unthrottled if all restrictions removed, but if it ever looses battery power, i have redo it all again....pain in the arse....(takes me 20mins just to enter the GRUB64 nonsence) :(. ive also tried a i7 surface pro3, but even that had issues with running at the correct speed (mpu4video and sc/adder layouts only. all other layouts 100% ok)

i gave up in the end, as it was mpu4 video that i was primarly trying to get going at normal speeds....so its back to the laptop!!

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#15 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

In services disable windows module installer.
Its to do with windows updates etc and takes upto 30% cpu.
Mines only for mfme so sod updates etc.
Turn off speed step in bios.

#16 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

In services disable windows module installer.
Its to do with windows updates etc and takes upto 30% cpu.
Mines only for mfme so sod updates etc.
Turn off speed step in bios.

Double post silly phone.

Edited by richy1976, 17 January 2018 - 11:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users