• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

Krayzee Styles

• Regulars
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

Hi, can anyone help me remove the 'no comms to master' no comms issue when I don't have any internet on my lappy please. Seems these top box games only work when I am connected to the internet and my IP address is available. If I don't connect to then net, they stop working and display no comms etc!! Thank you.

Compulsive gambling is an emotional illness that can never be cured but can be arrested one day at a time.

If you or someone you love or care about are affected by a gambling problem then contact www.gamblersanonymous.org.

#2 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

Afraid that's how it works, you don't need to be actually connected to the interent but you need the network adaptor to be up and running, and have a IP address assigned.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#3 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1098 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Would something like a hotspot be any good then, like cloud or BT. Even if you go to their landing sign in/up page for instance.

#4 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4452 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

even without internet, your computer has an IP address.

#5 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

Krayzee Styles

• Regulars
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Yes I put in my Ip address, saved the game then quit and reloaded, but then same again......'no comms to master'

Compulsive gambling is an emotional illness that can never be cured but can be arrested one day at a time.

If you or someone you love or care about are affected by a gambling problem then contact www.gamblersanonymous.org.

#6 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4452 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

if im reading this right, you dont need to put in your ip address, just press FIND IP on each open instance top box, then 1 2 3.  

when you close them down it will save the IP, then when you re-launch its ready to go.

let us know how you get on

* you may need to put the local address on - 127.0.0.1 ans save that to all 4 MFME programs.

#7 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

127.0.0.1 will not work.

Also you only need to set the ip address once. Open MFME, enter the ip address ( or press Find ) in Prefs, then you can load up the game. There is no need to quit and restart MFME.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users