• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Wow, I just had a little play on this, only wanted to see a simple 'wink nudge' for a tenner...   £400 later still no wink for win.  I'm beginning to suspect that there may be a dip switch to enable this feature, or even if this version has it at all.

Has anyone else managed to get a wink nudge, they didn't seem this difficult to obtain in the wild.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#22 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

If all Concept machines are like this, I'm glad I never got the pleasure, or dis--pleasure pf playing them.  I think the only one I ever played was Super Multi Nudge, and that shafted me as well.  I sense a pattern emerging. :D

Here's a base layout of Magic 7's for you to have a play with, mate.  You might need to change the amount of stops it uses.  I've set it to 20, but I don't know if that's correct as I've never played if before. :)

Wow, I just had a little play on this, only wanted to see a simple 'wink nudge' for a tenner...   £400 later still no wink for win.  I'm beginning to suspect that there may be a dip switch to enable this feature, or even if this version has it at all.

Has anyone else managed to get a wink nudge, they didn't seem this difficult to obtain in the wild.

J

I had it wink on me once, for £10.  That was from a factory reset early on.

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#23 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

I've had a wink nudge mate, I am not too sure on what the sound is that I'm listening out for but I knew it was a wink nudge. I have also had it do don't hold any after nudges, it plays that fur eliz demo sound, or the beginning of it at least.

#24 jackpot7

jackpot7

• Regulars
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

I played a £70 bar-X 7even in Ilfracombe that i think had a concept kit in it. It would wink, hold 3 times, etc. When you got the jackpot it played fur elise. Wonder if this will ever get released as it was the best concept game i have played.

(BAR)(BAR)(BAR)

#25 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Here's the layout without the reel offset/coin-in issues fixed.  Plus I've cleaned-up the reels a bit.  The first reel likes to twitch a bit, though, and I don't think there's a way to shift it.

Good to know that these machines can now run on the emulator, but why would anyone want to play this monstrosity?  It's absolutely terrible on this stake/prize.  Endless credits without so much as a win.  Definitely a machine you don't want to hit on a bad day. :D

Thanks to BarXQueen, for the original classic, and barxfan for the modded £70/50p version. :)

The reel 1 twitch is a bug in their code

Also if you edit the character and put 81 as the 1st byte, the security test passes straight away with no delay

Edit: My modified code introduced a lamp issue, so I've removed it

Edited by Wizard, 31 December 2017 - 03:44 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#26 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

Actually I'm pretty sure the one I played in my local years back had a weird 1st reel twitch, which would make sense as it is this machine.

J

#27 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

The reel 1 twitch is a bug in their code

Also if you edit the character and put 81 as the 1st byte, the security test passes straight away with no delay

Edit: My modified code introduced a lamp issue, so I've removed it

Good fixes, mate.  Both worked a charm. :)

So did the real machine have the twitchy first reel, or is it a bad rom that needed fixing?  

Actually I'm pretty sure the one I played in my local years back had a weird 1st reel twitch, which would make sense as it is this machine.

J

Well, that answered my question. :D

Weird thing for them to leave in there, as it's an easy thing to spot.

#28 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

Might have just been a machine with a wobbly reel, the arcade is was fairly run down.

J

I could actually check for real.  IF they still have it, which I would imagine they do.   :)

J

#29 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Magic 7's works now?

#30 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

Magic 7's works now?

Yep :)

#31 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

£70 lo-techs, you bunch of masochists lol  :jimlad:

#32 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

For the life of me, I just can't seem to get magic 7's to work. The machine initialises doing its beeps, I press 0 and nothing happens? I'm sorry but I can't use the mouse to save my life, wish I could. Please tell me the shortcuts if any exist lol.

#33 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

Yep :)

Have you had Magic 7's playing normally, mate?  I didn't really play the base layout I attached above.  I just attached it with the reels initialising, without any further tweaking/setting up.

Just tried a rom for a BAR-X machine that didn't work before, and it runs fine; but it just keeps giving wins all the time.  Like it's running at 1000%, like the old BWB games used to.  Just worried that Magic 7's might have the same issue.

#34 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Have you had Magic 7's playing normally, mate?  I didn't really play the base layout I attached above.  I just attached it with the reels initialising, without any further tweaking/setting up.

Just tried a rom for a BAR-X machine that didn't work before, and it runs fine; but it just keeps giving wins all the time.  Like it's running at 1000%, like the old BWB games used to.  Just worried that Magic 7's might have the same issue.

Same here . here is the roms loaded into bar x,     if anyone wants to take it on and take a look.                             to collect   wins you need to press cancel and hold buttons, at the same time. or it will error.

Attached Files

#35 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hi Ploggy, I didn't mean to offend anyone here. Didn't realise your layout was just for the reels initializing. Well, my magic 7s at the local is a bit like that, gives out wins about 1000 percent if there's such a percentage? lol. I'd love to see this layout with shortcuts added for a laugh, could do with one! Haha. Was going to see my friend sarahheadinclouds70 who has a kind of inactive account here but she loves fruit machine sound effects so I told her about fruit-emu. Unfortunately she has laryngitis so she could do with a win every spin.

#36 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

Nip over to DADsFME ;)

#37 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

Nip over to DADsFME ;)

Good to see that there are roms that don't have the protections on them.  I'll nip over there now, mate. :)

#38 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:52 PM

Yeah the M7 needs a little tweaking lol

#39 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

Hi Ploggy, I didn't mean to offend anyone here. Didn't realise your layout was just for the reels initializing. Well, my magic 7s at the local is a bit like that, gives out wins about 1000 percent if there's such a percentage? lol. I'd love to see this layout with shortcuts added for a laugh, could do with one! Haha. Was going to see my friend sarahheadinclouds70 who has a kind of inactive account here but she loves fruit machine sound effects so I told her about fruit-emu. Unfortunately she has laryngitis so she could do with a win every spin.

Go over to DAD's and grab the layout he did, mate.  The version DAD's done is working fine.  No issues that I can see,  Say a little thank you as well. :)

#40 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

I don't know if he is a member of Dads so I've PM'd him it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users