Photo

Help with dumping the hopper

Best Answer High flyer, 03 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

Thankyou for all your help I managed to fix it and it's now working thanks again Damien Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hi I've just brought a fruit machine it's the barcrest high flyer mpu5 Genesis it's working fine I just can't to seem to dump the hopper I've tried pressing the button in bottum cupboard and the start button after but nothing happens I've also got a wire with a connector in bottum dump but I can't seem to find where it goes or if it is apart of the machine here's a photo of the wires hope someone can help me out thanks Damien

Here's a photo of the wires I'm on about

Attached Files

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Both wires need to be connected to that switch, there should be another terminal on it.

#3 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

I can't find another terminal in it does it meant to go into same slot as the other? Or what is the best thing to do

#4 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Should have other terminals. Like this one attached. If they arent there the switch is not usable.

You should still be able to dump the hopper by shorting the two wires together.

Attached File  DE3A2C23-2944-4B27-8BF0-9ED484E07EC1.jpeg   75.42KB   0 downloads

Image from https://www.fruitmac...per-Dump-Switch

#5 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Ok thanks can you buy a new switch with the 2 points on? As I don't feel confident at putting them 2 wires together If so how much Or could I just buy the refill key and use that?

#6 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

Sorry for all the questions I'm a newby at owning a fruit machine and it's all very confusing

#7 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:46 AM

I've decided to buy another of the terminals as its only £5.49 but how do you take the plugs off? Do they just pull of or do I need to unscrew them? Many thanks Damien

#8 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

I managed to get the plug off and have orderd a replacement thanks for your help just hope it will work once I connect them all together thanks for all your help Damien

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

There will probably be three terminals on the replacement switch. One of the connectors will need to go to the one marked COM and the other to a connector marked NO (Normally Open).

If you’re not sure then take a clear photo when you get it and we can advise.

#10 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

Ok thankyou for all your help

#11 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

there is another solution here.......

open the main and bottom door

turn the refill key

look at the MPU main board (flashing like a xmas tree) and to the right but lower (maybe obscured) there is a hidden hopper dump switch.

press that and you will here a POP from the speakers, now lower the door and check the alpha display, usually press start to dump coins.

hope that helps

#12 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

there is another solution here.......

open the main and bottom door

turn the refill key

look at the MPU main board (flashing like a xmas tree) and to the right but lower (maybe obscured) there is a hidden hopper dump switch.

press that and you will here a POP from the speakers, now lower the door and check the alpha display, usually press start to dump coins.

hope that helps

Very true, but I think from a previous post they dont currently have a functioning refill lock. And theres no certainty that if they did get a key for that whether it will fit or not!

#13 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

I've received the part today here's my wires the blue wire has amp 8 on it and the orange wire doesn't have any thing on it

#14 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

Here's the blue wire with amp 8 written on it and orange wire has nothing on it and which ones do the wires go into many thanks for all your help Damien

Attached Files

#15 High flyer

High flyer

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:22 PM   Best Answer

Thankyou for all your help I managed to fix it and it's now working thanks again Damien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users