Photo
- - - - -

Linking multiplayer machines in V6

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

I think this may become a FAQ and also useful as some people won't know and thus benefit from this excellent addition to MFME.

A new feature with v6.0 enables you to link the top box and slaves together, so you just click to open the top box of a machine and it will load in all the slaves and position them correctly.

But first you need to link the top box and slaves together, here's how.

1/ If you already know how to open up them all individually then do that first, using v6, by using the same method as you would have opened them in v5.1 (game manager users, can now right click on the slaves and open up a new instance)

2/ With them open, make sure you position everything on screen where you want, so i.e. position the slaves correct, remove the file menu, by pressing f1 on each individual slave. If you need to reposition then press esc and adjust.

3/ With everything positioned correct and the file menu not showing on any of the slaves etc, click on the top box, so it is now in focus.

4/ Now push alt L and you will see it say thats the top box and slaves are now linked.

5/ Press ctrl q and it will close everything down, save layout if it asks.

6/ Now when you open the top box for the machine, all the slaves will open and everything will be positioned where you want it and no file menu showing (if that's what you want). i.e you no longer manually need to open up multiple instances of MFME and the slaves individually.

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

show me how to do it as i can,t move the top box on here when the window option is open, can,t get it to drag up top like it did in 5.1?

Attached Files

Edited by vectra666, 24 December 2017 - 09:39 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

If they are not linked already, click on the top box and simply hold shift and move with mouse. If they are linked, it will move everything. If so,  then you can unlink them by pushing alt and u. Then you can move them individually again.

#4 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

You can move them individually when linked by using Shift Cursor keys, but Shift Left Mouse will still move all of them.

When linked you can also Mute All with Ctrl M and adjust the volumes of all using Shift - and +

Edited by Wizard, 24 December 2017 - 09:48 AM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

it won,t move with the mouse or lappy controls i usually double tap the mouse pad to move stuff its fine in mfme5.1

here's what i get with regs bullion bars

Attached Files

Edited by vectra666, 24 December 2017 - 09:49 AM.

#6 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

Is it possible it future it can save them in the actual size they were as for the 7 slaves I need to make them all smaller to get them on my screen and whilst it holds the position it doesnt hold the size.

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

right i've sussed out how to move em thanks to wizard saved then re opened. everything is in position as it should be, but as you can see they've not save up the top like they should be

but just worked out i can drag the whole set where ever it needs to be

Attached Files

Edited by vectra666, 24 December 2017 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users