Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#41 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

AWP Santa brings you...... Thunderbird!

This machine has been covered by Cheerful Pessimist already, but he was only able to describe the method rather than actually demonstrate it. (Or rather, demonstrate them, as there were two distinct emptiers for this machine.)

Awesome skills there, Barcrest.

If anyone can explain how the f*** stuff like this can possibly happen, I'm all ears :)

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#42 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

I think that's the quickest emptier so far.

Is Super Charged even easier though?

#43 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

AWP Santa brings you...... Thunderbird!

This machine has been covered by Cheerful Pessimist already, but he was only able to describe the method rather than actually demonstrate it. (Or rather, demonstrate them, as there were two distinct emptiers for this machine.)

Awesome skills there, Barcrest.

If anyone can explain how the f*** stuff like this can possibly happen, I'm all ears :)

Sent you a PM  :)

EDIT: Wow fast reply....Thanks :D

Edited by kriss, 26 December 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#44 frofrobrobro

frofrobrobro

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

I think that's the quickest emptier so far.

Is Super Charged even easier though?

Judge for yourself........

#45 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

@Chopaholic Played both the Thunderbird roms in MFME5.1...both the emptiers worked just as you showed in your video :D :jimlad:

Edited by kriss, 26 December 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#46 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:05 PM

Pie Factory and clones, with bonus reminiscing.

Edited by Chopaholic, 26 December 2017 - 11:06 PM.

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#47 FRUITJUNKIE1971

FRUITJUNKIE1971

• Regulars
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

Chopaholic i tried watching your pie factory video on my Amazon Firestick using the Firefox browser app and the screen display is corrupted, have no idea why as it works fine on the desktop computer.... your other videos work on it... its a mystery as to why this one dont work. Just thought id let you know :)

hello!

#48 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Chopaholic i tried watching your pie factory video on my Amazon Firestick using the Firefox browser app and the screen display is corrupted, have no idea why as it works fine on the desktop computer.... your other videos work on it... its a mystery as to why this one dont work. Just thought id let you know :)

No idea what's going on there TBH. I don't have a Firestick so I can't do a like-for-like comparison, but it plays OK in Firefox on my PC.

The video was recorded using Bandicam, just like all the others, so there's nothing different about it.

(Some of them have been edited together using Corel VideoStudio X10 and then rendered out, but this isn't one of them.)

Hopefully it's just a one-off!

#49 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

And now for a classic old ACE machine, 'Pay Rise', running an early 0.1 ROM set with the free win/emptier combo (if piloted with sufficient skill) still present. The Trouty & Bugs layout we've had since 2006 for this machine has been running the 0.6 ROMs, which had this chipped out.

And indeed, thanks to Trouty & Bugs for the layout, and the ROM provider!

Excellent video on these old timers. Used to think i did well out of these when they was on £4.80 jackpots you always knew 99% of the time they was ready to steak when the cash tube was full, easy to get jackpots on quick nudge as got about 6 sec+. £50 plus in the bank(£10 cash £40 tokens) Token tube many a time would run out.

Then when the £6 jackpots came out quick nudge time was reduced (harder to nudge in jackpots) and never knew about these ways of getting extra cash as shown,feel like iv been conned and all them hawkers standing nearby was waiting to jump on it the moment i walked off if i didnt win.

#50 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Super Pots, done very badly.

Fortunately, Maygay's coders were even more incompetent than me.

#51 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

This game was actually released 1996 I'd say.  Doh!

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#52 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

You could have taken the reb 777 super holds, all free.   As is the cashpot.   There are ways to force red 777 via double bonus too.

Notation was a great feature to bring the machine down.

J

Edited by fuzion, 27 December 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#53 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

Nice release there fuzion ( I take it its yours!) Any chance of updating the layout as in added better reel symbols instead of the black classic numbers?
I used to play this machine but could never won on it!!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#54 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

You could have taken the reb 777 super holds, all free.   As is the cashpot.   There are ways to force red 777 via double bonus too.

Notation was a great feature to bring the machine down.

Yes as ever I was a long way from perfect. In fairness I hadn't played it for about 15 years :D

So what was the deal with these, since all the 'free' wins came out of the streak pot, did the machine never actually streak as the streak pot was continually empty due to all the 'free' wins coming out of it, or were they genuinely free and the machine would eventually streak normally regardless?

Does anyone remember how much tokens/cash they actually held?

#55 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

I imagine the streak pot will recover very slowly, it would streak in the end, you should try and force that Superpots till it streaks naturally. I'd say at least £100 to force it out, maybe more with no casual punter play.

That would make an interesting video. How someone might have found this machine in the wild.

J

@vecs. This is a layout I regret releasing due to the quality. I would redo it but I doubt any high quality artwork will be turning up for this. Unless someone owns one?

J

#56 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

Depends on the cabinet Al, these were released in two flavours. Front openers were hopper based and would probably hold £125, though I'm not too sure. Back openers were tubes, £1 and 20p. Think they might have held £90 in £1, but it would start paying 20p when the £1 tube got low I believe. Maybe £30 in 20p, not too sure about the tokens, some had two token tubes.

J

#57 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

Another entertaining video.

I used to hate Super Pots, never did any good, but didn't naturally know any tricks. To think even that it is programmed to always lose if it's going to give something above 4 quid repeat from the nudges etc...

It's one machine I remember well, from Butlins Bognor Regis. It was in the first ever over 18's only area, I had seen in an arcade, that allowed children in. Perhaps laws had started to come in, that any arcade that allowed children in, had to contain an over 18's section if machines were of a certain jackpot and/or all cash payout.

As for the layout, well it was stunning at the time of release. It still holds up very well IMO and MFME does a great job upscaling in F3 mode. However like Money, Money, Money, it would be great to see them both, get a 1280 + DX update. But then the same could be said about 100 + layouts lol. 

#58 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

Yeah it's the alphas that let down these older releases, annoying as it's a couple of minutes work to fix them.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#59 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Haha, yep every time I start watching the videos, I think, alpha needs updating and in Thunderbird's case, a rogue space in the properties needs deleting, to get rid of that yellow off the mystery win decal.

Edited by wearecity, 28 December 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#60 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Haha, yep every time I start watching the videos, I think, alpha needs updating and in Thunderbird's case, a rogue space in the properties needs deleting, to get rid of that yellow off the mystery win decal.

Super Pots is actually running in V3.2 of MFME in that video, some of the graphics had weird masks in 5.1.

My layout fixing skills are very limited, I'd be the first to confess. (I did notice the issue with Thunderbird but couldn't immediately see what needed changing so rolled with it as it was.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users