• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

You see, we old FME scene members have too much history... ALL OF US... some of the newer members to the scene, who’ll we need for the future, will wonder what in the hell this is all about!

In the grand scheme of things, especially life itself, none of this matters one iota, and quite rightly too...

Lighten up, everyone

#62 Neophyte

Neophyte

• Regulars
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

i hope pooks site is just down for maintenance :( 

been looking at those wips for months lol

#63 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

Copyright may be an issue to the original software (rom) and artwork manufacturers, it has never materialised possibly due mfme never commanding a price or anything made for profit. Emulation is not a crime.

The cnuts on EBay selling such copyright items for profit will i recokn will sooner or later regret their actions.......

#64 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Guys!!!!! As a newish member Can i just say something?? when i first joined all then years back,didnt really show much interest used to just come now and again and i watched the shit that went on over the years and it nearly destroyed fme.  You've lost members because of it! Now i thought that us 40 plus men full of testosterone had all put all that behind You???

Dont forget without wizard there will be no fme,same as layout creators there is no fme and over time there will be no fruit emu!!!!is this what you all want!!!!inc alex to have no site,no fme.

Why you lot fighting FFS You will kill the scene!!! You lot should be getting together and trying to sort out what your going to do about this guy not going on.If your not going to do anything,then get on the way it was and let it go. If your going to do something then start thinking not taken sides and bitching to each other about the past.

I come here to get away from shit that i have to put with at home,I and a lot of people dont need it guys.

Yes i understand everyones pissed but dont take it out on each other. I know its easy for me to say cause of this different sides thing going,but we are all here for the same thing.

You will kill fme you nearly did last time dont go down the same path again not nice for new member to be seen this shit!!! The whole site need to have a rethink on way to move forward from this and this is not a dig at anyone before people start jumping down my neck,but looking at new ways to start letting new members who just turn up and take,without making some sort of contribution or getting involved, i know its hard to make a changes, but have a look at other sites. NO CONTRIBUTION no enrty to downloads and believe if you want something you like doing you will pay for it.

But guys please stop!! and get your heads together!

i Wish alex all the luck with his heath and get back and sort this shit out!!

Sorry!!!!! But i dont normally have a rant  

Its xmas soon season of good will and all that so let it be a good one!!!!!

Dave

Edited by evo1, 02 December 2017 - 08:48 PM.

#65 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

i hope pooks site is just down for maintenance :(

been looking at those wips for months lol

I noticed this last night!! thought something was going on with firefox. not letting me on

#66 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

Guys!!!!! As a newish member Can i just say something?? when i first joined all then years back,didnt really show much interest used to just come now and again and i watched the shit that went on over the years and it nearly destroyed fme.  You've lost members because of it! Now i thought that us 40 plus men full of testosterone had all put all that behind You???

Dont forget without wizard there will be no fme,same as layout creators there is no fme and over time there will be no fruit emu!!!!is this what you all want!!!!inc alex to have no site,no fme.

Why you lot fighting FFS You will kill the scene!!! You lot should be getting together and trying to sort out what your going to do about this guy not going on.If your not going to do anything,then get on the way it was and let it go. If your going to do something then start thinking not taken sides and bitching to each other about the past.

I come here to get away from shit that i have to put with at home,I and a lot of people dont need it guys.

Yes i understand everyones pissed but dont take it out on each other. I know its easy for me to say cause of this different sides thing going,but we are all here for the same thing.

You will kill fme you nearly did last time dont go down the same path again not nice for new member to be seen this shit!!! The whole site need to have a rethink on way to move forward from this and this is not a dig at anyone before people start jumping down my neck,but looking at new ways to start letting new members who just turn up and take,without making some sort of contribution or getting involved, i know its hard to make a changes, but have a look at other sites. NO CONTRIBUTION no enrty to downloads and believe if you want something you like doing you will pay for it.

But guys please stop!! and get your heads together!

i Wish alex all the luck with his heath and get back and sort this shit out!!

Sorry!!!!! But i dont normally have a rant  

Its xmas soon season of good will and all that so let it be a good one!!!!!

Dave

Dave, you speak lots of truth (indeed does Daryl from time to time (yes i actually complemented Daryl)) But like Families, when arguments happen, they take years and sometimes decades to solve. Personally, i've had arguments in the family and i have stood up in principle and they have taken years to resolve. eventually ive had to agree to disagree as otherwise family meneber never speak again.

I like many other here dont really know the in-depth problems here and try hard not to take sides, but its difficult. Perhaps one scenario could be that we see the countless hours say Chris and Ian (AKA Wizard and Geddy) have put in to the scene and we dont know whats best - other than to ask politely for all parties to have a breather before hammering the keyboard again.

best regards to everybody 

#67 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

Not sure if this is possible on this board but on other boards I'm involved with there is a function to time-lock a thread. Gives a countdown to show when it's active again.

Generally it's used to either:

- Give people a chance to lookup and see if stated items are verifiable

- Gives people a change to calm down 

Might be useful on certain threads that appear here from time to time.

Otherwise, echo the sentiment that things need to calm down. New emulator, New layouts, all the things we've been waiting for for years - lets get back to that eh?

#68 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:51 AM

or just dump into the abyss.

#69 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

Not sure if this is possible on this board but on other boards I'm involved with there is a function to time-lock a thread. Gives a countdown to show when it's active again.

Generally it's used to either:

- Give people a chance to lookup and see if stated items are verifiable

- Gives people a change to calm down 

Might be useful on certain threads that appear here from time to time.

Otherwise, echo the sentiment that things need to calm down. New emulator, New layouts, all the things we've been waiting for for years - lets get back to that eh?

I like this post.  Great idea.

#70 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

The trouble is when a thread gets locked the argument/discussion carries on in another thread.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#71 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

So it should do,threads shouldn't be locked simple as. All's it does is plss people off.......
Hold the bells mate.

#72 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

I like this post.  Great idea.

Plenty of time then to write your epic reply in a text doc, all ready to cut n paste in.    :D   chem.gif

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#73 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Microsoft multiquote

#74 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

Plenty of time then to write your epic reply in a text doc, all ready to cut n paste in.    :D   chem.gif

Yeah never thought of that... we could call it a 'MQL'  A multi quote lock.  Bhwawawawaw...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users