• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1467 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

We are just trying to find the source of these anonymised layouts, anyway I didn't start this thread and judging by the comments here, layout designers ( including you ) are justifiably upset by it

I understand Chris, and yes this guy has gone one step further and actually edited peoples are work and in some cases removed peoples branding. Mine included.

Ive had two sets off geddy over the years and no layout has any graphical edits done on them from what I've seen. This was a while ago but I cant imagine he would be editing peoples artwork.

J

#142 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

No I didn't say he was editing peoples artwork, and I was just passing on info I received via pm as to the source of the layouts, if I'm proved wrong so be it.

Edited by Wizard, 01 December 2017 - 02:46 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#143 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4387 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Moving on Mr Wizard -

How could you prevent such things happening again, perhaps if all artwork released via a future mfme 5.x could have a lock layout option i guess?

that way all new layout could be locked if the creator so wishes?

#144 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

We have already been down that route before and it proved very unpopular, so no I won't be adding that again.

But I have other ideas.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#145 aaamusements

aaamusements

Grumpy site owner/Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

Due to concerns raised from various quarters, this thread is (at least temporarily] locked.

#146 aaamusements

aaamusements

Grumpy site owner/Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

In view of the fact that no further information regarding any threat against the seller being evidenced, Im reopening the thread.
Also the fact that the seller was invited to provide further details about the supposed private FTP but has not done so.

Interesting to note that their DVD listings now seem to indicate that after 15th December the item will not be physically sent but will only be available to download - this would appear to be a clear breach of eBay rules?

#147 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1173 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

So apart from everything else, he now will have 100% profit as no DVD and postage costs... cheeky f***er!  :mad:

#148 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

this would appear to be a clear breach of eBay rules?

It's already a breach of eBay rules.

#149 aaamusements

aaamusements

Grumpy site owner/Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

It's already a breach of eBay rules.

Yes, but knowing ebay as I do, they don’t consistently understand the issues raised, until you can find a nice tick-box which is clear enough to whoever reads the report.

#150 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1467 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

Lol. I like they way he said he puts his logo on so no one else can steal it, well resell it.

Until we have a solution I will be keep my clean copy and havng a water mark throughout the entire layout, dont want to do this but like tommy Im not wasting my awesome photoshop skills for someone to make money from. May as well sell my own layouts.

J
I wouldnt sell layouts... no one would buy them as they are BAFs ;)

#151 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1467 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

Hes doing a fair bit of work unless he has some kind of photoshop action set up to apply the logo ans something to change the config text.

J

#152 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1880 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Well looks like he doesnt give a feck what hes doing. Well the download bullshit it's just him earning 100% profit for our work,little w@nker.
Hold the bells mate.

#153 Neophyte

Neophyte

• Gold Supporters
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Easiest way to get a stop on the account would be to purchase a dvd/access , when received raise a complaint as copyright, get instant refund and the ability to leave feedback, ebay these days doesnt like negative feedback and after a few his account will be put on hold/ under investigation.

#154 ross

ross

Simtendo

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

We have already been down that route before and it proved very unpopular, so no I won't be adding that again.

But I have other ideas.

I Dont think locked layouts is the answer, Could we not have a locked component option (that would always be topmost) and would require password to remove?

atleast then downloaded from xxx created by xxx cannot be removed by anyone without a password (and most importantly, is optional) 

Edited by ross, 05 December 2017 - 06:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users