#41 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7104 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

here's a little something i made using the warning label i had on power five, i may stick this over the top of that when i release it

i would put dadsfme and the rest but it won't fit

Attached Files

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#42 evo1

evo1

• Silver Supporters
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

here's a little something i made using the warning label i had on power five, i may stick this over the top of that when i release it

i would put dadsfme and the rest but it won't fit

But he/she would just remove it anyways as he/she clearly knows what they are doing!

On an other point is he/she sell copyright material - mp3s that's reportable  as well.

#43 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7104 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

But he/she would just remove it anyways as he/she clearly knows what they are doing!

On an other point is he/she sell copyright material - mp3s that's reportable  as well.

not if its done like this within the artwork also you can make out the sec meter is watermarked too?

Attached Files

#44 evo1

evo1

• Silver Supporters
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

not if its done like this within the artwork also you can make out the sec meter is watermarked too?

But could they add there own over the top afterwards?

#45 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1868 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Open in Photoshop choose black marque round and cut,your label has then gone. Some layouts have taken months to make due to awfull artwork etc,hope something is done to try and stop em robbing any more,I may even stop making em if there being ripped and edited all over the place!!!
Hold the bells mate.

#46 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

what about a splash screen on the MFME every time it is opened a reminder that it is not for sale and (if allowed to promote roms) to come to this site?

i know there is a legal eagle thing with some emulators and roms being packaged together but i'm not entirely sure what it is..

orntlg.jpg10414033-best-christmas-giftswholesale-corntlg.jpg

#47 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Gold Supporters
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

How about a listing on eBay which in essence advertises everything Fruit-Emu has to offer, visually represented by a nice DVD case with the Fruit-Emu logo on it, with an invitation to sign up to the site for free, enjoy all the games and join in with the community.  The price would be £0.01, undercutting every seller, and no-one is going to try and buy it anyway.  The listing can include a paragraph that says all the DVDs on eBay simply contain stuff that has been robbed from the site in any case, so they might as well join for free instead and then choose whatever games they like.  There could maybe be a Youtube link to a video that explains how to join the site, download MFME 5.1, pick some games and run them on their PC.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#48 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

i agree a 'mock listing, i don't think there would be any fee anyway, im not sure, but the same things that are available for free here and hopefully promote some more donations to the site instead?

#49 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1459 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

The only way to guarantee that artwork can't be changed is to add a lock layout feature. If It's not nipped in the bud people might stop releasing layouts. I certainly don't want anyone adding their name or any extra logos to any of the layouts I've produced and spent endless hours working on.

J

#50 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

• Regulars
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:00 AM

Looking at his other items he has already made over £2500 from everyones hard work, perhaps he could be reported to the tax man

#51 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

Has anyone actually tried one of the layout on this DVD.  I'm not sure if the actual layout has been edited, it could be just that screenshot possibly.   

Might have to purchase one to check it out.  Thinking about it people that sell this kind of thing really wouldn't usually go to that extent, there are a lot of layouts to go through.

Just a thought.  

J

#52 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

The Crazy Chair layout has the Caption replaced and also their logo is added to the background image.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#53 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

Doh, I just looked through and the thread starter does show a layout by TommyC edited.  

That's just plain cheek.   I wonder if Tommy brands his layouts?   They probably saw an opportunity or maybe because it's a fairly newish machine they thought they'd just take the credit.

Sad.

J

I kind of hope Wizard brought out an update that broke old layouts just to piss them off and put something in place to stop this.  Probably never stop this type of thing unfortunately.

J

#54 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

Cheers Chris, was typing while you replied.  Thanks.

Hope you're well fella :)

J

#55 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

most of them have been replaced with the slot-r-us logo i have included just a few random layouts from this.

there are plenty plenty more, sorry to be the bearer of bad news to the creators and all the hard work that goes into them, also in the config tab the names of the creators are edited out and their own slots-r-us logo instead, which is sickening

(really tempting to put Sluts-R-Us!)

Attached Files

#56 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

Thats sad.  That would definitely stop me releasing layouts for sure. :(

J

If it's not locked down someone will exploit it unfortunately.

J

#57 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7104 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Even I'm in two minds about releasing my next now, but on the other hand why should genuine members who join in here and have given resources or donated their cash, miss out.
Deffo needs reporting as no one can claim copyright except the manufacturers of the machines and Wizard for his emulator.

And as he stated something like,
All layouts should and will be available freely to avoid the machine companies getting pissy same goes for the three-year rule thingy.
Is there a way to not lock the layouts but to lock the artwork to prevent it be used or amended in future.

Also @ John Ross why do you tick the 'like' on all your post?? Seams strange to keep liking what You write??

Edited by vectra666, 30 November 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#58 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

You know that any new layouts are likely to get this treatment and will be edited.  You may as well put the slots r us logo on for them so they dont have to mess about.   If you enjoy someone creditting themselves on your work then keep releasing layouts I guess.

Be good to see what other layout creators think and if it would stop them releasing further layouts.  

J

#59 mainjohn

mainjohn

• Regulars
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

what about what reels of fun do were u have to get a code to unlock the machine and then it only plays on 1 device or would that just take up to much man hours

#60 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7104 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Due to no eBay account I can't leave feedback but if anyone on here has one then please please give it back.
As this type of thing will seriously harm our the dites.
If not will the eBay seller please have the decency to step up and explain their actions on here, as they must be a member on here to win what they're selling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users