Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:32 AM

Haha, he only lives about 15 minutes away from me, should I pay him a visit lol

#22 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:14 AM

Didn't the person involved recently post a thread on here? I seem to recall something

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#23 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7104 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

Maybe just a simple password lock and put a fruit-emu logo on the layout. That way if you want the password to someone elses layout just ask them. Good way for trusted members to still be able to edit others layouts and stealing thieves will be out of luck.

If you look closely at some of my recent layouts I have watermarked them myself, some are within the sec meters I've put for instance!
V666210917 as in my name and release date but I think a better watermark would be better, isn't it included in mfme starting notes, that all layouts are available" for free" at these various sites ! If not then maybe this should be added in a future update.
Or another option like geddy has done but couldn't a admin or site owner sell the complete package at a discounted rate even if it's for zero profit. So if it costs say one pound to produce then sell it for one pound, beat the competition at their own game. If you buy a gold membership from here you get a free dvd etc.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#24 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1170 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

The name and or the email address are ringing a bell somewhere in the back of my mind, but I cant put my finger on exactly why...

Strangely it's the same for me, been through all the people I have had contact with from here but can't find anything to tell me who it is.

Believe me though, if I do suss out who it is, the whole world and it's Mother will get to know :)

#25 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Gold Supporters
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

Didn't the person involved recently post a thread on here? I seem to recall something

I seem to recall a few years ago someone joining the site and quite brazenly sharing his grand scheme for selling layouts on a DVD on eBay, as if it was going to make him a millionaire and everyone would slap him on the back for coming up with such an ingenious plan.  Complete lack of self-awareness on his part.  Didn't go down too well...

Reading that blue text in the OP makes me really angry, the sheer bare-faced cheek of it.  I hope he treads on a piece of lego barefooted :(

Edited by stevedude2, 29 November 2017 - 08:36 AM.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#26 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1170 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

I seem to recall a few years ago someone joining the site and quite brazenly sharing his grand scheme for selling layouts on a DVD on eBay, as if it was going to make him a millionaire and everyone would slap him on the back for coming up with such an ingenious plan.  Complete lack of self-awareness on his part.  Didn't go down too well...

Reading that blue text in the OP makes me really angry, the sheer bare-faced cheek of it.  I hope he treads on a piece of lego barefooted :(

Cruel, but I would love to witness it :)

#27 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

This was the post I was talking about, someone else but still selling on eBay:

http://www.fruit-emu...-know/?p=309750

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#28 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4386 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Yes i agree, looking at the some of the machines, they even put their own logo on it, thus...

only one example TommyCs DOND layout of Crazy Chair £70

CHEEKY B`STARDS!

#29 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7104 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Even got slots-ur-us address on page 2 shall we send the big boys round, ruff em up so to speak lol.

Edited by vectra666, 29 November 2017 - 09:27 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#30 mazza500

mazza500

Silver Supporter

• Silver Supporters
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

Even got slots-ur-us address on page 2 shall we send the big boys round, ruff em up so to speak lol.

Someone should send him a fake letter from the court or something telling him to cease selling layouts and threaten with fines etc. 

Edited by mazza500, 29 November 2017 - 09:42 AM.

#31 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

• Regulars
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

My guess is this one, https://www.facebook.../ben.cook.52206someone must know him.

#32 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Gold Supporters
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Someone should send him a fake letter from the court or something telling him to cease selling layouts and threaten with fines etc. 

He's probably on here now, reading this thread.  If he is, he should do the decent thing and at least change that blue small print in his advert because it's an absolute disgrace from start to finish.  Even if he put something like 'All these games and many more are available to download for free from Fruit-Emu or The MPU Mecca.  I don't own them or any rights to them; all I'm doing is repackaging them for your convenience', at least that would be something.  The odd thing is that he's asking for resources, so he most likely has done a few layouts in his time.  Either that or he intends to provide the resources, wait until someone else does a layout and then stick his badge over the top.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#33 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1459 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

I don't have a major problem with the selling of the FME DVDs but like said above saying you own the copyright on them all and going as far as to add his own logo to other peoples work is just out of order.

J

#34 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

<p>Just use his address and contact details and spam the shit out of him using his details. That may get the message across.</p>

#35 westy20040

westy20040

• Bronze Supporters
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

I design my layouts as I enjoy making them and uploading them here and also and the Mecca and Dad's sites so people can also enjoy playing them (I hope lol).

As for these selling mine and other designers work pisses me off, we produce layouts for free and not for some fleabay seller to claim them as their own work.

#36 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1170 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

I reckon he needs a visit from the creators and maybe a few members as well ;)

#37 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Not too much bothers me here but to see 1 or 2 of the layouts ive made on his disc and then to see that this arsehole has changed the layouts to add his stamp to them to make out they are his has really pissed me off. Was there any need at all to do that? Something needs saying to this idiot. I and I'm sure everyone else here makes layouts for everybody to enjoy FOR FREE and not for someone else to claim are their creations and sell for profit. The idea that you are paying for a service doesn't sit right with me either. They are all here for people to download and enjoy at their leisure. There are trusted members here who offer a service if you do wish to purchase a full set of layouts without having to find some idiot on eBay making money from it. Not a lot can be done I bet either.

Edited by No1Stoney, 29 November 2017 - 04:24 PM.

#38 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

I reckon he needs a visit from the creators and maybe a few members as well ;)

ROAD TRIP.

I call shotgun!

P.S. I can fully understand the frustration of all involved in creating the brilliant layouts on here.

I have to try to sell s*y TV for a living, all the "kodi" boxes out there are making it very difficult to make a living.

I've no problem with anyone installing an app on their mobile, it's the one's who mass produce the illegal devices for their own greed,

spreading the word on social media, claiming access to free subscription TV, without a thought for the consequences.

Higher subscription prices, and people losing jobs.

Theft is theft, how ever you gloss it up.

#39 Neophyte

Neophyte

• Gold Supporters
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

It totally sucks i agree but this scene is not the only one being ripped off by these gits, look at the price of hard drives with complete hyperspin, mame and probably all other retro machines,  i think the best thing that can be done is a effort to mass report the sellers and like wizard said ebay may then take notice.

i personally would not like locked layouts to come back as i like to tinker with a couple of them, e.g make them darker add reel gradients and other things that reg and others has kindly shown us how to do.  

so yea i'm up for reporting when i see that's for sure.

and to the coders, layout authors, site admins  and resource gatherers, don't let these guys get you down, there are alot of people that love what you all do and totally appreciate all the hard work. hopefully theres a way to get ebay to stop them but it might take the efforts of a few of the scene to try and make things happen.

Cheers!

Simon

#40 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

I agree - the 'reel' work is here and nobody can take that away just by selling a dvd. i wonder if it would be easier to advertise for free about the work of Fruit-Emu, rather than paying for discs, they can donate to the site? open a new ebay listing advertising free information, i am not sure...

orntlg.jpg10414033-best-christmas-giftswholesale-corntlg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users