• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

i happened to come across this DVD for sale and wondered if these were new machines so i bought it to see what it was however it seems that all the machines are hijacked from the layout creators from Fruit-Emu and most have been covered by a logo of 'Slotz-R-Us'
I am particular wondering if this is someone on here selling these as they seem to be stating that they were made by them, by someone called Ben **** @ Slotz-R-Us and they hold the master resale rights?

Thank you.

they had a file with this info in the DVD and a screenshot claim this from ebay customer service.
We hold master resale rights & ebay vero to sell this item on ebay.
All or any part of this item are protected (basically if it is in our list, inside the ebay listing, it is protected)
If a similar item is listed on ebay & we don't like it, we can get it removed and the seller will get a copyright warning.
If the seller continues to do so, they will be banned from selling fruit machine dvds with extra copyright warnings.
Just like a recent other seller trying to compete with us, undercutting us with his listing full of bull went bye bye.
And he was told not to relist, as we have master resell rights.
No one has a dvd as good as ours, ours has been reworked to be perfect about 5 times, to make it a quality item.
And we have made some of the machines ourselves.
Anyone saying theirs is as good or better than ours, are either liars, or have nicked ours (and it will be removed anyway).
As you will see when playing our fruit machines, some of them have our logo on.

Scammers: We have seen it all, your dvd not working blah blah blah.
We know it works as long as your computer has the required standard software on it to play games (like direct x).
In the extremely unlikely event that it is not working, you would ask for a replacement (not demand a refund & threaten us with ebay).
If you do get stuck send us a message for assistance.

This is not directed at genuine buyers.

Enjoy & thank you for reading.

Slotz-R-Us.

Do you have any resources, photographs, promotional flyers etc, of machines that are not on our dvd?.
Please feel free to scan & upload them to our business email so we can make more machines.
ben********@gmail.com

Thank you.

As you can see as a Fruit Emu Supporter it seems like cheating to simply sell the same work that the layout creators supports and members take to ensure there work is available and wondered if anybody knows or knew of this and if anything is done about it?
(PS. i censored their email details just in case!)

John

orntlg.jpg10414033-best-christmas-giftswholesale-corntlg.jpg

#2 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

There is no such thing as master resale rights, it's all BS

If everyone on here reported the listing at the same time, and every day, perhaps eBay might eventually take notice, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It also violates the terms and conditions stated in the MFME help window.

I have personally reported it numerous times and nothing happens.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#3 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

yeah i thought so the a master resale thing was BS too, What worries me the most is that he seems to think he has the copyright that he is allowed to pass off the layout work as his own which makes me do angry and i was wondering if the layouts or the creations should be logoed with Fruit-Emu.com or the creator and claim the copyright on it.

Edited by JohnRoss, 28 November 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#4 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

Parasites.

M

#5 evo1

evo1

• Silver Supporters
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Hi and welcome,

As iv said before I dont agree with these people trying to make money of the back of other peoples hardwork.they come on here never comment on anything just hide in the background take, take,take then have the cheek to rip people off. AND NEVER SAY THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 mazza500

mazza500

Silver Supporter

• Silver Supporters
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Always on ebay searching and I have come across so many of these now. Someone even had 519 sales on one last time I checked. It's wrong and ebay doesn't care as long as they get their fee. 

#7 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

Pisses me off royally that they do this. They will be on here every day to grab new content. Would love to see a list of the games these Muppets have so called made themselves.

Edited by TommyC, 28 November 2017 - 09:16 PM.

Hold the bells mate.

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7089 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

its really up to date too so obviously they come on here regularly.

there's not a lot we can do about it though is there, i must confess i first found fruit machine emulation via a dodgy dvd from fleabay but i soon come to realize where they actually came from and the rest is history.

An idea??? 

can't AAmusements do one of those advertise banner thing's that come up like the ones that show on this site maybe advertise the site on there? or is that a no! no! 

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#9 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Gold Supporters
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

When you think about it though, imagine being such a desperate parasite that you have to steal other people's work off the internet and then repackage it and claim rights to it, just to be able to sell it for a couple of quid a pop and make pennies a time?  Let me say that again - imagine what a lowlife you must be and what a sad, pitiful existence you must lead in order to be driven to such a thing?  To most people it would be immoral and not worth the effort for such little financial gain, but alas there are some people out there that see a site such as this and immediately the first thing that crosses their small mind is whether there is an earner in it for them somewhere; some way of scraping a few quid together for themselves at others' expense, just to enable them to go out on the piss at the weekend, buy a few packs of fags or fill their shitty rust-bucket of a car up with £20-worth of petrol.  In the cold light of day you've just got to feel a little bit sorry for them haven't you?  Shameless chancers who licks their lips every time they post a DVD off and relish the thought of watching the pennies roll in.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#10 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4383 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

why not add on the side are - not for sale on ebay etc.

wouldnt affect game play?

#11 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1170 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

When you think about it though, imagine being such a desperate parasite that you have to steal other people's work off the internet and then repackage it and claim rights to it, just to be able to sell it for a couple of quid a pop and make pennies a time?  Let me say that again - imagine what a lowlife you must be and what a sad, pitiful existence you must lead in order to be driven to such a thing?  To most people it would be immoral and not worth the effort for such little financial gain, but alas there are some people out there that see a site such as this and immediately the first thing that crosses their small mind is whether there is an earner in it for them somewhere; some way of scraping a few quid together for themselves at others' expense, just to enable them to go out on the piss at the weekend, buy a few packs of fags or fill their shitty rust-bucket of a car up with £20-worth of petrol.  In the cold light of day you've just got to feel a little bit sorry for them haven't you?  Shameless chancers who licks their lips every time they post a DVD off and relish the thought of watching the pennies roll in.

Why not just say something like....

Come on you thieving leeching lying cnut have the balls to either own up or piss off..... or better still do both!

#12 aaamusements

aaamusements

Grumpy site owner/Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

The name and or the email address are ringing a bell somewhere in the back of my mind, but I cant put my finger on exactly why...

#13 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

why not add on the side are - not for sale on ebay etc.

wouldnt affect game play?

Side art can be removed in edit mode. Would be great for creators to have the option to lock their layouts. We could then add in the header created for fruit emu.com or such like. That way they can't remove anything from the layouts.
Hold the bells mate.

#14 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

Yes i agree, looking at the some of the machines, they even put their own logo on it, thus...

only one example TommyCs DOND layout of Crazy Chair £70

Attached Files

#15 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1446 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

Thats the only thing that would really piss me off, if I spent ages creating a layout and someone just put their logo on it like they'd created it. That would just really piss me off.

Maybe the only way to stop this is lockable layouts or to have mfme only play layouts from the cloud. All layouts are uploaded and only playable via this method.

J

#16 mazza500

mazza500

Silver Supporter

• Silver Supporters
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

Maybe just a simple password lock and put a fruit-emu logo on the layout. That way if you want the password to someone elses layout just ask them. Good way for trusted members to still be able to edit others layouts and stealing thieves will be out of luck. 

#17 unclechicken

unclechicken

• Regulars
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

Or if wizard could add a box like the first time you start MFME that makes you watch it, say for 5 seconds when you start each layout for the first time, who the creator was and where the layout originated from, and it can only be entered once in the editor, then the option gets locked out.

You could put something like...

"If you can read this, and you have paid money for this layout, you have been ripped off. All these layouts are available for FREE to download from www.fruit-emu.com. Please refrain from buying a DVD/CD with the layouts on in future."

It wouldn't p**s me off, but it would the resellers.

Edited by unclechicken, 29 November 2017 - 12:38 AM.

#18 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

is there nothing that can be written into the code to say who the layout was from, that cant be edited? im no expert on this by any means lol.

#19 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Gold Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

also it remains that the person selling the dvds must be on here regularly as the list is constantly being updated on the ebay sale page not long after as the downloads are listed here...

#20 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:42 AM

Mmm so I spend hours a time and days creating layouts for some bellend to come here then edit the original creator out of it. Sommat needs doing as that has pissed me off. Would love to have the option to lock the layouts I create via a pin or password.
Hold the bells mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users