8 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:35 AM

Howdy again folks.

I saw that I had several replies to my introduction thread and was somewhat disheartened to find that my identity had been questioned and that my thread had been locked by an administrator.

I was a little upset as I was then unable to reply to someone asking genuine questions about my project or to even attempt at defending myself.

Obviously I'm not looking to argue and I hope the administrators and moderators of this forum will oblige me by allowing this thread to stay open, both so that I may respond to anyone that wishes to ask me something and also so that I may use it as a place to clarify my identity among other users.

I don't normally do this as I'm not entirely comfortable with leaving footprints online that lead back to my personal life, but I've made the following video in an attempt to clear up any confusion to those who think I am some nebulous person by the name of "Andy".

I don't want to go forward with users thinking my every move are the act of a snake-in-the-grass or someone lying about their intentions, and would like to contribute as a part of the community and not someone constantly on stage for someone elses drama.

My Official Website: http://benjaminrudman.com
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Benjamoose
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TheGmodGtards

or

https://www.youtube.com/c/Benjamoose

If there is anything else I can do (beyond obviously insecure things like showing my passport) to prove my identity as a new user to you all, I'd be happy to do so.

But if this is enough to satiate for now, I'd appreciate it if I could be respected for my actions as a new user going forward vs. people thinking I'm making up for transgressions that I had no part in.

Thank you for your time folks, and here's looking to the future of MFME! :-)

==============================

In response to @stevedude2 from my previous thread:

Keep up the good work Benjamoose, this really is quality stuff  :)

How do you do the outlining?  Is there a special tool in Photoshop or do you simply trace it by hand and keep redoing each bit until you're happy with it?

I wouldn't mind trying to redraw something one day but I only really use Paint.NET.

I use something called the "Pen Tool" in Photoshop. It allows you to make points and then adjust the curves in-between.

I'll see if I can do a quick clip showing how it works sometime.

There is definitely some trial and error involved when the original image is heavily compressed or low-resolution though! :D

Edited by Benjamoose, 28 November 2017 - 02:36 AM.

#2 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:30 AM

Welcome Ben and it's fantastic to have you as part of the Fruit Machine Emulation World.

#3 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:58 AM

who the hell locked your thread? you seem quite genuine to me - and to think that I've been told myself that I've been to harsh on newcomers, and yet here we are (apparently) with mod gods doing their bit.

Merry Christmas!

#4 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Welcome Ben and sorry you've had to have a bad experience so soon after joining.

I find it ridiculous that you have had to go to such lengths to prove to a small minority that you are not who they think you are!

I'd have thought that someone with your obvious talents ought to be welcomed with open arms, rather than being treated like you have been.

Take no notice of them and continue doing what you're doing, to use a VERY over used word I think it's 'awesome' what you have achieved so far.

All the best :)

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

Hi Ben and welcome once again lol.
Some people just can't let go of the past!
To me what's done in the past is done, here's to living now, and in the future is where it's at.
I hope you continue to do your project/layout if not for us then do it for yourself.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

Welcome Ben, hope you enjoy your stay on the forum.

That is some serious layering work you have done with Photoshop.

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Ben,

I've just read your initial post and it seems somebody (well actually a few) noted that your passion for Simpsons was the same as another member who caused trouble a few years ago.

We all make mistakes (perhaps those doubting Thomas types among us could apologize publicly if they have the balls) - but moving on, thank you kindly for your in depth efforts to clarify the issue(s), and welcome you to the forum.

Finding members who are creating enough to contribute can be difficult at times, but by the look of your artwork, your skills are in the right place. Im sure a few layout designers would love to have your creative talents put to good use on their own releases. 

take care Ben,

Gary

#8 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hi and welcome once again Ben. I hope you enjoy your stay here :) 

#9 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

I have to say the similarities were overwhelming and knowing the history of FME since the start I too had reservations about the authenticity of someone coming 'out of the blue' as it were and showing a step by step guide to something they were working on.  The machine in question raised suspicion even further, so through no fault of your own it seems you were labelled as someone who used to do exactly the same - disappear for a while and re-invent himself over and over again and also caused quite a bit of friction over the years. 

Obviously we apologise for this.  Hopefully now its all sorted you'll stick around and participate in what is normally is a fun scene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users