RAM Resets in Arcades

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

seems pretty scummy to me. and it seems to be happening an awful lot in my local arcade recently.

are they allowed to reset the ram every few weeks to make more money?

#2 markdennis

markdennis

• Regulars
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

It is scummy, which is why, they will go to the wall eventually

#3 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

No, and it does'nt really mean its going to make money, it could go either way.

Arcade owners, staff etc, are not even ment to do work on their own machines, they are ment to get a 3rd party in.

Edited by richy1976, 21 November 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#4 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

hmm id argue ram resets aint that bad tbh takes less money to move the % up and down 

#5 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

ram resets can benifit the player as well as concept stuff has a habit of doing a good run of a ram clear as well of electrcoin

1 example took 60 from a 5r concept random gold collect the bank then machine ram clear took another 30 for a 50 bank

2nd example sit down bar x 7s 5 pound got a 50 bank collect it down but on the last 10 it errored it was seen so was payed out as on boot up the machine ram cleared

money going over the back on a empty machine 35 in for 60 back ioued for 45

from what i have been told is some errors can only cleared by ram clears etc

#6 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

I've seen it when pots have been reset, that does take the piss a little. Back in the early days ram resets were easy to spot on machines with flat batteries. Could make good money on those alone esp Cloud 999's. A lot of Barcrest machines played extremely well off a ram clear, as did JPM, BWB etc etc

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#7 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

I used to absolutely love flat batteries back in the token days when I was a kid.  The hardest part was keeping them to yourself when you found one.  Eventually some skint local would find out and keep switching it off and back on again during the day until it emptied and it got fixed.  Nothing better than walking along the seafront to the arcades first thing in the morning, knowing you were going to make money on the first 2 or 3 games you played.

All went to shit when they started introducing RAM reset alarms :(

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#8 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

to reset a t7 is quite a process, and i doubt that internal staff or on-site engineer would/could do it.

as for RAM resets on awp machines, fuzion's comment about is quite right. imagine a machine with 00000 in and 00000 out. once you put £1 in and play in owes you money, after a few quid in and a board its now well under % (well still on zero actually!) and can go nuts off a RAM clear.

#9 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

The Vogue JPM stuff like Big Bucks, when it wasn't numbering it meant it was as much as £40 or so behind.  So when you found one of those RAM cleared you were in for a treat.  Stuff like Caesar's Palace had to be something like £30 positive to even allow a jackpot to repeat on the early chips, so if you found one in that state you'd be pulling £60 or £70 profit out of it (depending on how quickly you could get it out) before those green bar wins on 11/9 started bashing lower to 12/8.

You could also lock those up from a mystery win on Golden Hold by holding the buttons in.  When it was power-cycled the reels came back showing 3 red sevens, 12/8 on the number reel.  Happy days!

God I wish I could live those days all over again.  They were truly something to behold!

I agree that deliberately RAM clearing a machine which does f*** all off a reset or has a cyclic jackpot such as a club machine is a bit of a c***'s trick.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#10 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

I remember seeing a Rainbow Riches in my local with pretty high pots one day, next time I went in all the pots were at their defaults £50 £150 and £250.  I assumed maybe a programme update of sorts.

J

#11 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

to reset a t7 is quite a process, and i doubt that internal staff or on-site engineer would/could do it.

as for RAM resets on awp machines, fuzion's comment about is quite right. imagine a machine with 00000 in and 00000 out. once you put £1 in and play in owes you money, after a few quid in and a board its now well under % (well still on zero actually!) and can go nuts off a RAM clear.

If uninstalling and reinstalling a game is a process, yes. Tricky ;)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#12 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

In 1993 had a bwb exchanges unlimited with a flat battery was good for a jackpot or two off 50p,easy money lol. Had a silent steak on a classic bar x 7 that went for over £700 including refills. The machine actually forced itself to ram clear with an alarm with 3 lines in the credit display. When rebooted credits gone bank gone and machine full again,took 150 out of it as it was flying from the off despite the streak it did before hand,you never see those anymore as everywhere chipped em up.
Hold the bells mate.

#13 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

Hopefully one day this programme will be emulated.  I've only ever seen the silent streak a couple of times it is something to behold for sure.  Proper mental.

J

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

If uninstalling and reinstalling a game is a process, yes. Tricky ;)

you need a special usb key as i recall, RAM clears all games

In 1993 had a bwb exchanges unlimited with a flat battery was good for a jackpot or two off 50p,easy money lol. Had a silent steak on a classic bar x 7 that went for over £700 including refills. The machine actually forced itself to ram clear with an alarm with 3 lines in the credit display. When rebooted credits gone bank gone and machine full again,took 150 out of it as it was flying from the off despite the streak it did before hand,you never see those anymore as everywhere chipped em up.

4 of these are still in use in the deluxe hastings.

#15 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

the arcade i go in knows what machines go on a run after a reset, hence why the rollercoasters and monopoly 60th is never reset

its mostly party times and deal or no deals, which take £10 for a board after a reset sometimes on a £5jp

#16 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

All depends what sort of resetting you are trying to do.

Clearing the Ram (on an MPU5) merely requires an MPU5 cleardown card.

Resetting pots is simply a case of uninstalling and re-installing a game.

However, to "downgrade the executive", or clear the machines percentage, then you need a USB key which is called a "show key". You put the machine into show mode, and you can do all sorts of interesting things that you can't do without that key.

Good luck getting a show mode hasp key though. I don't have one.

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#17 billnye5

billnye5

• Regulars
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:42 AM

I think they RAM cleared some T7 £5 jackpots as pretty much 2 elvis's within a fiver both streaked for the same amount (£30) and someone else w son the 3rd so couldn't test it. Seems pretty unusual for 2 machines to do the max streak within the same amount of credits at the same time of playing...

#18 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:31 AM

Who the F*** would want to clear a £5 jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users