27 replies to this topic

#1 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Well thought i'd give an oldie a bash,it will be an update of an excellent pcp game called test pilot,found the glass scans on the mecca and just spent a good while stiching all the bits together,loads will change as some of the pieces are at different colour scales etc,it's been done before this but i wanted to do a nice large dx,should be done within a week i'd guess.

Attached Files

Hold the bells mate.

#2 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

Looking forward to this updated old skool even though back in the day never won F**k all off it

#3 dodge8

dodge8

Double Chance Player

• Regulars
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

I remember this one, its looking very impressive .

#4 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Looking forward to this updated old skool even though back in the day never won F**k all off it

It wasn't a machine to chase the jackpot on you could get regular smaller wins that added up to over a pound only ever potted one twice and that was accidental with supa nudges.

Very playable and in need of a rejig.

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

nice one afaik it was Ady whom originally did the glass scans for this must of been a good 10yrs back at least, look forward to this all time classic being revived

leave the crack in the bottom glass for realism 

Edited by vectra666, 13 November 2017 - 09:19 PM.

• ady likes this
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Nice - IIRC there were a load of machines that had the "3d" look going back into the glass...

#7 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

I wish I know you were doing this.  I could have saved you a load of time. :D

You should have used a program called Hugin, instead of stitching the bits of glass together by hand.  It's a photo stitching program that's ideal for glass scans.  It can also stitch together normal photos, with varying degrees of success.  And it only takes a minute to stitch both sets of glass together as well; plus you don't get that nasty black line where the different sections meet.

If anyone has any glass scans and want to stitch them together I would highly recommend using it.  And the program is free as well.  Can't ask for more than that.  Link here: http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

Examples attached of both glasses, plus a zip with both glasses at full resolution.

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#8 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

I wish I know you were doing this.  I could have saved you a load of time. :D

You should have used a program called Hugin, instead of stitching the bits of glass together by hand.  It's a photo stitching program that's ideal for glass scans.  It can also stitch together normal photos, with varying degrees of success.  And it only takes a minute to stitch both sets of glass together as well; plus you don't get that nasty black line where the different sections meet.

If anyone has any glass scans and want to stitch them together I would highly recommend using it.  And the program is free as well.  Can't ask for more than that.  Link here: http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

Examples attached of both glasses, plus a zip with both glasses at full resolution.

Good to know will give it a go tomorrow as I have a machine to dx I was sent glass scans of ages ago. Just couldn't get them to look right. Hopefully this will help. If not I'll have to give the scans to someone else to have a go with.

#9 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Wow that's amazing,took me hours to do that. This was the first time I attempted a full restich, is it ok if I use your glasses you posted mate,they look a1. I have got rid of all the lines now from the first screenshot but they don't look half as good as those you have done.
Hold the bells mate.

#10 watch for my hidden treasures

watch for my hidden treasures

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

Used to piss me off when the skill stop kicked back onto the 'L'!! At least they could have made it less blatant and just miss by one

#11 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

This was my top glass i'd done last night,took ages though.

Attached Files

Hold the bells mate.

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

nice one afaik it was Ady whom originally did the glass scans for this must of been a good 10yrs back at least, look forward to this all time classic being revived

leave the crack in the bottom glass for realism 

Yeah these were my scans bud, funny thing is I have just found them in the past few weeks dumping some old HDD's lol

Tommy, if you need any Hi-res bit's just PM me and I can send 'em over.

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.jpg   99.68KB   0 downloads

#13 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Cheers ady will see what I end up with when I cab up. I have a huge abscess so not done any fme work today the pain is stopping me concentrating.
Hold the bells mate.

#14 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

This was my top glass i'd done last night,took ages though.

You've done a great job considering you did them by hand.  I stitched these by hand as well when I had them first, and it took me freaking ages.  That's why the Hugin program is such a godsend for this type of task.  

Of course you can use the scans I attached.  That's why I attached them; so to save you time. :)

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#15 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

Many thanks ploggy saves me a good while doing the rest.

Off topic but just back from emergency dentist just cost me £320 to have the abcess drained and tooth packed :err:

Edited by TommyC, 15 November 2017 - 01:35 AM.

Hold the bells mate.

#16 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Used to piss me off when the skill stop kicked back onto the 'L'!! At least they could have made it less blatant and just miss by one

Only does this if you miss though.

I own one of these. Amazing machine! Would love to add a Nudge Money to my collection too if anyone knows of one?

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#17 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Ok had some time today to make a start on this,got the glasses cabbed up and removed the flaking and crack on the glass,added the 2p's for the cash landing so will be ready to start lamping it soon.

Attached Files

Hold the bells mate.

#18 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Looks superb mate.  Can't in any way beat some hi-res glass scans.  Will this be 4k deep mate 2160?  I think if you have the resolution and quality you may as well future proof it, I don't see the point in having to create it all over again when 4k becomes the norm.

I'd love to get some glass scans for Route 66, anyone remember this machine.  It was one of the first machines I won a jackpot from back in the day.  2p play with £1.50 cash jackpot.   I remember the rush.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#19 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

Looks superb mate.  Can't in any way beat some hi-res glass scans.  Will this be 4k deep mate 2160?  I think if you have the resolution and quality you may as well future proof it, I don't see the point in having to create it all over again when 4k becomes the norm.

I'd love to get some glass scans for Route 66, anyone remember this machine.  It was one of the first machines I won a jackpot from back in the day.  2p play with £1.50 cash jackpot.   I remember the rush.

J

There's a nice DX by Hurtland of Route 66 http://www.fruit-emu...ute-66-1280-dx/

#20 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:51 PM

Route 66 needs the coin lamps fixing on v5, think i saved the on image and loaded it into the off image as there wasnt one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users