• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeyposh11

Mikeyposh11

• Regulars
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hey guys

A rookie question here, (Im hoping its a simple solution) but I hope the questions below will all mount to the same answer somewhere or somehow

When exiting a machine, and it asks me to save layout, as its been changed? what is that exactly, and should I do it?

When losing money on a machine, coming off it, and going back to it, the memory doesn't always save, why is this, and how can I ensure it does?

Am I right in saying its something to do with a layout being 'read only' or something like that?

I'd read somewhere, it was a case of unchecking it or something, could someone direct me how to, (a dummy guide for me)

Not all machines acknowledge money in/out, why is this? or is it just a layout issue?

And any other information regards saving the memory of a machine

Thanks In-Advance

Mike

#2 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

Any game that is read only you just need to press Control and W to take this off.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#3 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

When exiting a machine, and it asks me to save layout, as its been changed? what is that exactly, and should I do it? - This could be down to an older layout being converted to the newer format or a slight size adjustment, saving is recommended.

When losing money on a machine, coming off it, and going back to it, the memory doesn't always save, why is this, and how can I ensure it does? Some layouts will be stuck in "Read Only" This can be cleared by pressing CTRL & W when you have the machine loaded.

I'd read somewhere, it was a case of unchecking it or something, could someone direct me how to, (a dummy guide for me) Go to the layout folder, select all the files then right click > Properties and tick the read only box and click apply, then untick it and click apply again, it will look like this - https://i.gyazo.com/...03de1a6d7dd.png

Not all machines acknowledge money in/out, why is this? or is it just a layout issue? - This is down to the layout creator not implementing the meters correctly, older layouts may be down to emulator issues at the time, you can read about it here & may give you an idea how to fix it yourself - http://www.desertisl...ps-meter-setup/

And any other information regards saving the memory of a machine - Make sure to exit the emulator properly, don't close it via task manager, if you are going to copy/zip games make sure that they aren't open in the emulator as this causes the read only issue.

#4 Mikeyposh11

Mikeyposh11

• Regulars
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Thank You Guys,

Much appreciated

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

i can honestly say that i had no idea of the CTRL W   - so you've done me a favor too!

#6 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

• Regulars
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

Me too didn't have a scooby doo about CTRL W, nice one.

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

i can honestly say that i had no idea of the CTRL W   - so you've done me a favor too!

FAVOUR..............Leaning English Nails ;)...........There's Two in a single hit ;)

#8 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

No need to remember it as it's gone in v5.2 ;)

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users