Photo
- - - - -

The real side to Gambling, FOBT and their bastard addictions.

Sky News FME FOBT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

*NB this thread has been created after speaking to those concerned.

I've been a member on FE for a while now, I have a fair few cyber mates via FME and some I have met in person some I haven't.

A few weeks ago I had a bloody great day out with James, we all know James as a Moderator here. I'd spoken to J a few times on the phone and we finally decided to meet.

The place we met at was a mutual interest 'aviation' not Gambling. Gatwick Airport in fact. We'd had a great day out, some Beers, Pics/Videos of some Planes and during the day a small 'tug' by the ARU as we must have appeared a little 'dodgy' lol.....Got to say they were Gems and they actually told us "Have a good day guys" after we'd slurred why we were there!

James and I had a real heart-to-heart with reference to Gambling and I thought I had an issue, after having spoken I realised that although I have a game fairly regularly I don't go to the extreme.

Here is Jame's Sky News article :- http://news.sky.com/...review-11106636

This thread isn't about 'me' but i've had calls and email in the past from Mr Barcrest himself about FME things, and all was pukka at the end.

But James really opened up to the WORLD. Kudo's fella, you'll help MILLIONS buddy.

Attached Files

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

I’ve seen this vid via Facebook and as said on another topic, it takes real guts to admit you have a problem just goes to show even though you rh75 had that long rehab thing a while back the gambling still rears it’s ugly head I feel for you and hope you kick this terrible addiction to these machines.
I’m still a problem gambler luckily I haven’t the money or means to get extra cash to go gambling.
Although I could easily say “sod the bills” and spunk it all in a arcade in half an hour.
We’re all here buddy if you need to open up especially if it prevents you from walking into a bookies.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

Nice to put faces to names,vectra is right gambling does rear its ugly head as i know of last month.Bad month for me, had a bit of a relapse down my local slivers(robbing Ba****rds) after 4 years of keeping off these £500 things i just popped in for 10mins,Ya right!! 1 hour later just 1HOUR £440 down in one of these new  vip lounge fruit machine with a fancy chair and buttons on the side.it was probably spare money but still down as i was walking back the car! Couple of days later mrs phones me to said a vicar had run in the side of the car on car park!! insurance wrote it off as cat n,then the washing machine packs up so had to go a buy new washer asap, as iv got kids and having on washer is a no no. So the pain of now losing that money rears it head again and now thinking why did i go in and have that gamble, i could of done with that cash now!

Now i said it was spear cash because there's one thing i will not do and thats not use money if bills have to be paid or food on the table kids come first always.

But it just goes to show that how much you can lose in an hour and i was even playing these fobts, its like the small local arcade is now trying to take money quick of what used to be some of its loyal customers.

But at the end of the day i knew the risk shouldn't of gone in,and i wont for a long time again.

Hopeful i will have a better month.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sky News, FME, FOBT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users