2 replies to this topic

#1 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

hi folks i was wondering if we have any members that are any good with guitar electronics and soldering etc... i`m about to start restoring my  70`s Fender Stratocaster,but i want to give it a mod with a difference... the idea is to replace the Fender pickups with Burns mini tri sonics and to wire them each with an on/off switch and an in/out of phase switch (see pic)... im no good at all at soldering or reading schematics. i dont mind paying for someone to do this for me once the guitar body itself is finished..

cheers

bry

Attached Files

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#2 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Funnily enough I've just been buggering about with my Telecaster today as I have a grounding issue - quite common with Tele's.  I have no idea how to do your Strat but there are tonnes of forums available which could possibly help.  One question though why mod a 70s Strat???  Personally I'd restore it to factory settings.  At least that way it'd keep its value.  I have a 60th Anniversary issue Strat in real good nick and would never mod it up.

Good luck though :)

#3 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

i cant affod a red special lol hence the mod- not really one of my better ideas thinking about it,might just treat it to some seymour duncans instead :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users