• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ProtWarWTF

ProtWarWTF

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:18 pm

Hi all!

I wanted to start a thread to cover my cabinet build and hopefully get some information flowing. So first off I want to say sorry I'm going to have a lot of questions. I am a newbie not only to MFME but fruit machines in general. I knew I wanted to make a slot machine cabinet and MFME seems to the coolest and most active emulator for this out there. A little information about my current plan for a build. I am planning on using some kind of FrontEnd like mgalaxy, hyperspin, or launchBox. I haven't quite decided yet since none of them are running quite the way I would like. I am also planning on using RockerLauncher as it is helping with fullscreening and resizing the desktop. My first round of question go as this.

- How do you fullscreen MFME? I have read that it requires the desktop to be at 1024 x 768 resolution but that isn't quite enough. I am currently planning on using RocketLauncher which helps with this but I am curious how others are doing this.

- How do you read payouts for coin hoppers? Can you read the payout while the player is actively doing a payout or can you only do it when MFME closes?

- How can you read for what buttons or LEDs are active?

- Is there a general breakdown of all MFMEs features somewhere?

- How can I change the target win % of a layout?

- Is anyone else having problems with there front end not being focused after closing MFME?

Sorry for all the questions (and probably bad grammar ;)) I am quite knew to MFME and I couldn't find the place on the forums that answers these. I am really excited to get this build started and the other builds are looking awesome!

#2 Reg

Reg

Legend

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 605 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:49 pm

So the first comment is "good luck" with what you do - it really is a rewarding experience.

It really is a case of walking before you can run.  Do you have a cabinet shell in place yet - that has to be the first thing - decide on what you want to put it into.

Signature_003.png ...or if you like retro - you could try...   retro_sig.png

#3 ProtWarWTF

ProtWarWTF

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:15 pm

Hey Reg thanks for the advice.

I have a design based of what I think MFME requires for buttons and such. It isn't made yet though just some blueprints for cutouts atm. I understand where your coming from but I'm still having trouble just using MFME and understanding what can be done with it.

#4 Reg

Reg

Legend

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 605 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:10 pm

Hey Reg thanks for the advice.

I have a design based of what I think MFME requires for buttons and such. It isn't made yet though just some blueprints for cutouts atm. I understand where your coming from but I'm still having trouble just using MFME and understanding what can be done with it.

Hmm - ok - I am going to answer all your questions so far where I can - but my advice here is play with MFME and learn MFME first.  You are diving off at the deep-end without even understanding the emulator and wanted to build a cabinet for it.

Anyway, here goes.

Buttons - this is what I have used on mine...

Attached File  Setup.jpg   188.51KB   1 downloads

...layouts have to modified to use them as people use different shortcuts, but it woks fine.

- How do you fullscreen MFME? I have read that it requires the desktop to be at 1024 x 768 resolution but that isn't quite enough. I am currently planning on using RocketLauncher which helps with this but I am curious how others are doing this.

It does any resolution you ask of it dependant on the layout - it can work in full screen as shown above on my picture.

- How do you read payouts for coin hoppers? Can you read the payout while the player is actively doing a payout or can you only do it when MFME closes?

By this statement, I don't think you're as new to MFME as you make out.  Anyway, I don't have coin mech working on mine - other cabinet designers to - speak to them.

- How can you read for what buttons or LEDs are active?

Configured with the PacDriver.

- Is there a general breakdown of all MFMEs features somewhere?

These forums, http://www.desertislandfruits.com, http://www.fruitemu.co.uk, http://dadsfme.co.uk

- How can I change the target win % of a layout?

Within the Configuration tab or via checkboxes in some cases.

- Is anyone else having problems with there front end not being focused after closing MFME?

Can't help here.

So what blueprints did you do so far - what designs did you come up with for your buttons etc ?

Signature_003.png ...or if you like retro - you could try...   retro_sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users