• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Managed to pick one up on ebay for £245, excellent working order, power supply was changed last year and machine seems to be in great condition. 

Was this a good deal? Seen them be quite expensive as they are popular? 

Set on £25 jackpot. 

Looking forward to having this :) 

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

£245..... you on f'ing drugs? Hope to hell it's on new £ coins :o

Though a nice game, the epoch tech is notoriously flaky at the best of times.

TBH, even with the most sought after Epoch games, I would never go above £150, and it has to be spot on.

Please do at least one thing as you have paid out so much, get it's battery mounted off the Epoch Mainboard (One with all the game chips in), because this is the #1 killer of Epoch's, due to it's notoriously thin tracks, especially where the battery is fitted (Leaks).

This is what the battery looks like....

http://www.ebay.co.u...VkAAOSw6EhUPRzd

#3 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

£245..... you on f'ing drugs? Hope to hell it's on new £ coins :o

Though a nice game, the epoch tech is notoriously flaky at the best of times.

TBH, even with the most sought after Epoch games, I would never go above £150, and it has to be spot on.

Please do at least one thing as you have paid out so much, get it's battery mounted off the Epoch Mainboard (One with all the game chips in), because this is the #1 killer of Epoch's, due to it's notoriously thin tracks, especially where the battery is fitted (Leaks).

This is what the battery looks like....

http://www.ebay.co.u...VkAAOSw6EhUPRzd

Didn't realize that was a bad price, it was a auction as well and someone kept bidding me up, been trying to get one for a while so just stuck with it. How would I go about getting the battery unmounted from the board? This will be my first machine so not to familiar with stuff like this at the moment. Also it is only working with old £1 coins so feel like I have been ripped off now lol 

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:51 PM

Didn't realize that was a bad price, it was a auction as well and someone kept bidding me up, been trying to get one for a while so just stuck with it. How would I go about getting the battery unmounted from the board? This will be my first machine so not to familiar with stuff like this at the moment. Also it is only working with old £1 coins so feel like I have been ripped off now lol 

Guess we all need to learn from somewhere mind, so I should not be as hard on you.

Battery..... this pretty much applies to all machines, except the more modern stuff (Like coincells on MPU5's)....

To avoid any possible damage to your machines MPU, it's suggested to "fly-wire" any batteries away from the board, so if in future if it ever leaks, it will not take out any vital stuff...... an average soldering iron is enough to get the job done., but take your time removing the battery and don't overheat the joints, as the solder pads on Epoch are quite small, and can be easy to damage.

Wire to use, I generally use Phone cable, not too long, but enough so I can wire the batter off the MPU, and can hook the battery somewhere safe, or just tape the battery up..... just take care to note the polarity of the battery and where it fits on the MPU..... fortunately with Epoch, it's clearly marked + / -.

Before you do any of this though, locate and inspect the battery, look for any possible leaks, and if you have any doubts, post pic's of what you see here, and fellow members will be able to advise.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 25 August 2017 - 10:53 PM.

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

As for the machines mech, you will probs want this recalibrating, so you will need to find someone who can do this for you.

There are quite a few places you can use (Maggi-Maggi in Bolton is one such place), but obviously you need to feel confident they can do a proper job

The mech you will have, will likely be either an MEI Cashflow 126, or a Money Controls C435 / SR5 series.

Now I recently had an SR5 done for my MPU5 machine, and used Steve Huntley @ Swallow Amusements (Fellow FME member over at MPU Mecca..... known him for many years), and cost me just under £20 including return postage, and happy enough with the work done (Was quick too)... Not the cheapest out there, but I know I can trust him.

There are other folks about who also offer the service..... just post a new thread, enquiring about this service.

#6 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

As for the machines mech, you will probs want this recalibrating, so you will need to find someone who can do this for you.

There are quite a few places you can use (Maggi-Maggi in Bolton is one such place), but obviously you need to feel confident they can do a proper job

The mech you will have, will likely be either an MEI Cashflow 126, or a Money Controls C435 / SR5 series.

Now I recently had an SR5 done for my MPU5 machine, and used Steve Huntley @ Swallow Amusements (Fellow FME member over at MPU Mecca..... known him for many years), and cost me just under £20 including return postage, and happy enough with the work done (Was quick too)... Not the cheapest out there, but I know I can trust him.

There are other folks about who also offer the service..... just post a new thread, enquiring about this service.

Thank you very much for the help :) 

#7 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

• Regulars
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

Could always back out and claim insanity. Just take a hit on the negative feedback.

#8 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

Could always back out and claim insanity. Just take a hit on the negative feedback.

As a buyer you can back out of a purchase without risk of negative feedback. Ebay don't let sellers leave negative against a buyer. They changed it years ago.

#9 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

Could of bought mine £1000000 😅 **r@re* l@@k 😂
Posted Image

#10 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

Haha I am happy to have bought it, don't mind being overcharged. Not seen many auctions of them. Going to stick with it. 

If I had the room I would get something like this as well 

http://www.ebay.co.u...ub/332352484960

Edited by mazza500, 26 August 2017 - 08:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users