http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-40814843

Dead at 73 RIP

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#2 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

Once upon a time that would have been considered a decent innings but it's not that good nowadays.

Especially as they keep lifting the retirement age! (not that it would have probably bothered him as I'm sure he was minted if he was an actor).

I was talking to my 11 year old last week and he said to me, "If you could ask God one question, what would it be?" (I'm not a religious person and don't believe in the big bearded fella but it was purely hypothetical...)

So I said, "I would ask him what date I was going to die"

He was horrified and thought that was really morbid. I explained that if you knew when you were going you could plan to have a really good last Christmas, you could get your finances in order, teach the wife how to work the tele etc..... it would be very handy.

I asked him what he'd ask and he said "Who would win in a fight between Superman and the Hulk!" :) :)

Kids eh? :)

(Although I would be interested to find out the answer to that as well like).

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Once upon a time that would have been considered a decent innings but it's not that good nowadays.

Especially as they keep lifting the retirement age! (not that it would have probably bothered him as I'm sure he was minted if he was an actor).

Not all actors are minted, although I'm sure his recent years in Eastenders would probably have provided a decent nest egg.

Not a very well known name for non-soap viewers of my generation, but my parents had an in-depth discussion about all the things he had been in over the decades, and the fact that he was one of those actors who, for some reason, failed to reach what many expected to be their full potential...

Also very much overshadowed by the death of Robert Hardy (who I do remember very well from All Creatures Great and Small).

Very sad.

Edited by aaamusements, 05 August 2017 - 02:21 PM.
Addition.

#4 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Yes, I do remember, he played Shelley, 73, god how the years have gone by so quickly. Another great actor that has departed!!!!

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#5 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Ah Shelley, a programme, which I was too young to have any interest in. Just watching the 30 secs trailers between programmes on Thames, it seemed like it was a depressing half hour show once a week and the unforgettable theme tune, just made it seem worse. So never watched it, but perhaps as I'm now older (a lot), I might actually enjoy and get it, as it was a popular programme.

Never really thought of him, being the same guy, when he appeared in Eastenders, cause he was always Shelley in my mind.

I doubt he made huge sums of, he is of the old school, when for most, being an actor, was just a job and probably was only earning 1.5-2x the national average wage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users