#21 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

Sure Ross had a wip for Italian job 2.

Edited by TommyC, 24 July 2017 - 07:34 AM.

Hold the bells mate.

#22 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

Maybe but was months ago, only clutching at straws it's not a definite project yet.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#23 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Had a long weekend of work, but did finally get a go of this yesterday.

Definitely has a realistic look to it. I like by the £1 and £1.20 decals, it looks like, it's thick with dust and someone has just run a finger over it. As you said not everything readable, but most is and the display does tell you what you've got, so no problem and no real need to use the magnify feature either. It nice to see the cabinet in it's full length original shape as well, rather than flat or reduced down in scale. That's where borderless fullscreen max, helps.

Gameplay wise, definitely like some others, but the joker feature, makes it a bit different. I do like the fact, you can get the hi-lo gamble wrong and still continue. I bet many people IRL, only discovered that when it went from a 2 to 1 or 11 to a 12. As with a lot of these Epoch, it can appear to be offering you something great, like 7 reel blasts, but when you look at the reels, it's still on £3 lol.

The hi-lo reel, looks good, but suddenly going up on the board with no indication on the reel did surprise me. Hopefully, you'll get the original ones at some point, to add the finishing touch, to a great looking DX.

#24 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for your feedback wearecity , it's nice to read what people think or could be altered instead of a thankyou, which on its own is good but this shows the downloader has actually played the emulation.
The hi lo reel!
You get the three daggers to access the map board then the hi lo goes red.
I did try to get the exact font for the hi lo reel, even asked for font id within the forthcoming topic, then realized after that it looks similar to the lord of the rings fellowship band. The numbers were fairly easy as it was just a number no strokes borders etc via photoshop
As crazybar stated the numbers are supposed to say I think Up, Right, but as couldn't work it out I left em blank.
Glad you like the look of it although in my eyes it could be made better, but as it was original an eBay image we can't complain on the clarity of it. You never know someone from here may of bought it for that £16 and we could re emulate it in the near future
Regards v666

#25 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

I do like to say more than thanks, you can do that by just clicking a button.

I must say while I play everything I download, I don't generally don't put more than a couple of hundred pounds through any of them initially. I put less than £100 though most. But then over the years, I do load up layouts, so many do eventually get a good play.

Ultimately, also, most fruit machines are actually pretty boring to play, without the risk of losing or winning money.

I increasing find myself going back to FME layouts, from the late 80's to the mid 90's. The era up to £6 and at a push £8 jackpot is probably best. On that era of machines, when you got on the feature board, you genuinely always thought, you had a chance of getting the jackpot, through a feature or getting to the top and just cause it killed you at £1, it didn't mean the next board wasn't going to give you jackpot. Also the next board, wasn't going to keep obviously blocking at different amounts, until eventually it gave the jackpot.

Anything from certainly the £15 era onwards, you knew immediately, when it killed you on the board at the £2/£3 or £8/£10 mark and the next 2 or 3 boards, did the same, whether the machine was going to pay or not and then it was a case of forcing it, until you got the jackpot.

Edited by wearecity, 24 July 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#26 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Great work vectra as always! Brilliant! Looking forward to having a go this weekend. Thanks :)

#27 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:50 AM

Same here wearecity I actually find the modern layouts boring to play I too normally play the £4/4.80 jps I find them more entertaining with plenty going on, trying to perfect the skill features etc maybe it's just our favourite era (80's/90's) that's why they get the most play

#28 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

I would say that the late 80's until the late 90's was my nostalgic era certainly, bringing back life memories of being a late teen and through my 20's.

Some machines after that, like the red/blue trail Barcrest games are also fun on the emulator, as you can get the jackpot, in a few ways. We have so many great layouts for FME, it's difficult to find the time to play many of them for more than half hour here or there. Just glad that so many machines are preserved.

#29 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

Cheers..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users