• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Robbiev

Robbiev

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hi Guys 

I would like to introduce myself as a new member,  Im rob i live in Cyprus and a retired  carpenter.

Iv just finished my latest project which was a full size touch screen Wurlitzer jukebox  for the bar in my house.

My next project is a full size fruit machine and i so hope you guys can put me in the right direction, The cabinet will be an easy build as this was my job but the inside im not so sure what would be the best equipment to buy ???  I looked at a dual monitors system but have played around with 2 monitors and this didn't look to good . I have also also played around with a 32" flat screen tv monitor with better results  ie full screen worked well... Im not looking for this to be coin operated but i would like to add buttons to control game play    but im sure you guys can put me right.

Really im looking for ideas if any of you guys have made your own homemade cabinet with monitors i would love to see some pictures

Thank you guys for any tips & advice

Keep up the good work amazing website

Robbie 

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#3 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

Hi Robbiev

Welcome to the forum. I'm just building a cabinet now. I'm using a cashflow 126 coin mech and a Azkoyen U-II hopper (2 of those - one to dispense pound coins and one to dispense 10p's).

I've got a post somewhere charting my build so far but can't link to it at the moment as I'm on my phone. If you search this forum for "MFME cabinet build" you should find it.

I'm using a 27" inch screen turned into portrait mode.

I can give you more details of everything when I get back on my PC after work tomorrow if you're interested.

I got loads of invaluable info on this forum and would have been stuck without the people here.

Please keep us all informed of your build it would be great to see it :)

#4 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Hi there Rob,

Welcome to the forums.

Here are some links that will help

No1Stoney has worked out how to get coin mecks and hoppers working in a cabinet, indeed he has inspired some of us to do the same.

Link Here

http://www.fruit-emu...=+mfme +machine

Uptowns posting are below

http://www.fruit-emu...ine#entry304382

Good luck with it man and how is Sunny Cyprus?
poker

#5 Robbiev

Robbiev

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

First a very big THANK YOU Guys for all your advice, links and confirming this is a very possible project

Iv spent most of the day researching all the items i need but at first did not include coin mec's and hoppers, now after reading all your links this has changed and the cabinet will include a coin mechanisms 

Thank you UPTOWN47 I habve been studying your pictures and descriptions from the links, what a wonderful machine you built be proud my friend that's some achievement. I would be so grateful for as much info as possible with out annoying you

Today i have also been trying to get mGalaxy to work as a front end but without any success ???? added some code to baseSystems.xml file but still with no luck

<System type="Arcade">
<Name ss="" em="MAME" tgdb="" gb="">MFME</Name>
     <Emu selected="MFME">
          <Cmd hidden="false" name="MFME" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".gam"/>
     </Emu>
</System>

Are you guys using this software if so any ideas what im doing wrong im having problems loading the database section. The emulator starts but cant find Roms   

Thecodfather Thank you for your links and the weather is very hot in Cyprus at the moment temperatures in 40

#6 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

welcome to FME :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#7 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

First a very big THANK YOU Guys for all your advice, links and confirming this is a very possible project

Iv spent most of the day researching all the items i need but at first did not include coin mec's and hoppers, now after reading all your links this has changed and the cabinet will include a coin mechanisms 

Thank you UPTOWN47 I habve been studying your pictures and descriptions from the links, what a wonderful machine you built be proud my friend that's some achievement. I would be so grateful for as much info as possible with out annoying you

Today i have also been trying to get mGalaxy to work as a front end but without any success ???? added some code to baseSystems.xml file but still with no luck

<System type="Arcade">
<Name ss="" em="MAME" tgdb="" gb="">MFME</Name>
     <Emu selected="MFME">
          <Cmd hidden="false" name="MFME" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".gam"/>
     </Emu>
</System>

Are you guys using this software if so any ideas what im doing wrong im having problems loading the database section. The emulator starts but cant find Roms   

Thecodfather Thank you for your links and the weather is very hot in Cyprus at the moment temperatures in 40

Don't worry about annoying me, I am amazingly patient, I have 3 kids!!!!!

Seriously, without the help of No1Stoney, Reg, Andy, Wizard et al then I wouldn't have had a scooby so anything I can do to put a bit back into the community is great for me so ask away and, if I can't help, there's people here who will.

So... firstly.... to get MFME working in mGalaxy copy this code:

<System type="Arcade">
		<Name ss="" em="" tgdb="" gb="">MFME</Name>
     		<Emu selected="MFME">
     		</Emu>
	</System>

Into C:\Program Files (x86)\mGalaxy\Data\BaseSystems\BaseSystems.xml (at the bottom above "</Emulators>").

Then in mGalaxy "runway" set up the path to your executable and to your ROMs. As long as they are .gam then you should be golden.

Hope that helps :-)

#8 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

welcome. :)

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#9 Robbiev

Robbiev

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

Hi UPTOWN47

Iv added the code to the xml file this was the easy part 

I think my problem are with The set up the path to your executable and to your ROMs. 

On my desktop i have a file called " fruit machine " which contains a file for each fruit machine unzipped and a file containing named MFME 5 with the emulator exe in

The paths im adding are 

1) executable..........C:\Users\robbie\Desktop\FRUIT MACHINE\MFME 5\MFME.exe

2) Roms.................C:\Users\robbie\Desktop\FRUIT MACHINE\Club Hot Dogs 1280 DX (crystal)

So as you can see  i can only point to 1 machine but this is still not recognising it ??

Been working on his for  many ours now 

#10 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

The ROMs folder should just point to the folder itself (the software will recursively search inner folders for .gam files) so your ROMs should just be...

C:\Users\robbie\Desktop\FRUIT MACHINE

Have you chosen MFME as the "application" above where you select the paths?

And have you ticked the "Enable" box to the right??

#11 Robbiev

Robbiev

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

Have chosen MFME 

Enable is ticked

https://ibb.co/g4M4yQ  ( image 1)

https://ibb.co/gQov55   ( Image 2)

https://ibb.co/cX0KXk    ( image 3)

https://ibb.co/htyCk5     ( image 4)

#12 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Yours is exactly the same as mine??? Strange??

Try moving your "games" folder inside your MFME folder... ie. \MFME 5\myGames\

Or try moving all those folders into one of your drives i.e. C:\MFME.... etc

It might be some weird permission thing?

Or you could try right-clicking the main folder and make sure everything (including sub-folders) is NOT just read-only??

Let me know how you get on.. good luck :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users