2 replies to this topic

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

I've been trying to get hold a large scanner to be able to get glass scans in a single image. But have found that the large scanners start around £5k and go upwards in price.

I have been in touch with a local scanning company and asked them if they are able to deal with the large sizes.

If they come back as unable to is there anyone on here who knows of a scanning company or person that would be able to do the job?

My intention is (if possible) to get all the glasses from my 7 JPM's scanned, to be able to create UHD/4k layouts.

I am also making arrangements to get a Vogue cabinet 3D scanned for use in Amber eventually.

Also, does anyone have a spare Indiana Jones top glass (with grail decals) as mine is a bit flakey in places?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

I had the same problem when i need to scan my fruit chaser glasses for pook in one go,just googled print scanning company local to my rang up i think it was A3 scanner,that was the biggest they had so had to scan in two halves then pook worked his magic took a memory stick along and only charged me 50p a scan

Attached File  3.jpg   137.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  4.jpg   144.35KB   0 downloads

Not many companys have big scanners i went to a large printing company near me first and they only had a A4 scanner as they said they get there images of the internet

Edited by evo1, 19 June 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#3 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:32 PM

I have access to a decent A3 scanner. Even then a single glass can take 4 passes then stitching in photoshop.

I know a fair few people in the print trade so can ask about but they are likely to be local to me unfortunately.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users