Photo
- - - - -

Selling a machine because it's emulated.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:58 AM

Is it just me, but it's surprising at how many machines come up for sale on Ebay after they have been emulated. Some sellers seem to be asking silly money for machines as well.

For many years, I considered getting a fruit machine for home, but once I found the emulator, the idea just didn't seem worth it. I'd probably be annoyed at spending time/money to get a machine, then it gets emulated.

Have any of you sold a machine, because it has been emulated or would you if the machine you owned suddenly was emulated. Or can you still not beat owning the real machine?

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

Owning a machine seamed a good idea at the time but due to its jackpot level is £70 it takes far to much money to fill up and now there's the constant battle with coin/notes altering it's far better off to play the emulated versions as it's basically the same due to you're never going to win or make a profit on either, but saying that if it was a older jackpot it would be a different story. So if mine was now emulated mine to would be on Facebook etc.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

I have 5 machines 3 emulated and two ain't.
Hold the bells mate.

#4 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

Once the 2 machines I still owned became emulated I was then less bothered about letting then go because I knew I could still play them in emulated form. So for me it made it easier for me to make the decision to sell my machines. But I don't think it would stop me buying a machine if it was emulated because I like having a physical machine to tinker with and use real money with. That being said I no longer own any machines and don't think I will ever again as I've made my mfme box which is close to having a real physical machine but with 100s of games on

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

the emulator will never be as realistic as the real thing.

#6 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

I have a practically mint Roller Coaster that is going nowhere along with the rest of my JPM/Castle collection.

Burt the other 20 machines will be slowly whittled down once I can get glass scans properly.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#7 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

I've owned many, many machines over the years some of my favourites.   I quickly get bored of them and finally get rid of them.   If I had a dedicated area, (the living room isn't ideal for me personally) they'd probably still be with me.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#8 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

My machine up the stairs in my man cave.
2 banisters off and 3 men.
Prob no chance of getting it down again lol.

#9 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Not played mine for a while due to lack of interest and it being emulated and don't even play that 😬
Posted Image

#10 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hi Warecity, well, my dream would be to have at least one of the Simpsons trilogy or an electrocoin Bar-X, but we just don't have the room. Even our shed is really dainty, once you count the room left with the tread mill and freezers taking up too much space! So now, as said before, I have made a prommice to stay away from big JP machines, and maybe only use seaside ones, and I would use the emulated ones for an hour a day, as it can get addicting. But trust me! I don't think it's as addicting as the real ones, or, the reel ones! Haha. So I will never get a machine at home.

#11 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

ive not  sold a machine because its been emulated,but i sold one and wish it could be emulated..... Electrocoin Wildcat... maybe Wizard could say if it can be done...would love to see it again

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#12 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

Got rid of both my machines (Easy Money and Top Tenner) ages ago as I can play them whenever I like on the emulator(s)

I provided the sound rom for Easy Money first though as we didn't have that at the time, oh yeah and glass scans :)

#13 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

Got rid of both my machines (Easy Money and Top Tenner) ages ago as I can play them whenever I like on the emulator(s)

I provided the sound rom for Easy Money first though as we didn't have that at the time, oh yeah and glass scans :)

2 mighty decent machines there DAD,shame they had to go ...

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#14 arcade destroyer

arcade destroyer

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

i have a magic 10 i would not get rid of it even if it got emulates becuse emulated is good but not the real thing

#15 JG3

JG3

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

I have two dust collectors at home. Namely a Hall of Fame £70jp and program 2 Flashback £5/£15 (can't remember if £25 jp is a dip switch option?).

Afaik £35 HOF is emulated and so is Flashback. 

They both have power supply issues and I don't care enough to pay Gavin the dodgy Gamestec engineer's prices (for the HOF) or trawl through Ebay for spares and repairs. I probably wouldn't buy another machine for home use, they quickly lose their appeal. For me to be even tempted it'd have to be a phenomenal non emulated game such as Toastbusters (lol) or something truly iconic like a £10 all cash Rollercoaster (I'm sure people will be cursing now, saying the £6 token version is the true essence of this classic JPM). Even then, I question would it be worth it or just another different cab to get in the way, annoy the other half and gather dust?  

#16 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Would be nice to get the first programme revision for Flashback, I think we have version 2 in the archive.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#17 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

I have two dust collectors at home. Namely a Hall of Fame £70jp and program 2 Flashback £5/£15 (can't remember if £25 jp is a dip switch option?).

Afaik £35 HOF is emulated and so is Flashback. 

They both have power supply issues and I don't care enough to pay Gavin the dodgy Gamestec engineer's prices (for the HOF) or trawl through Ebay for spares and repairs. I probably wouldn't buy another machine for home use, they quickly lose their appeal. For me to be even tempted it'd have to be a phenomenal non emulated game such as Toastbusters (lol) or something truly iconic like a £10 all cash Rollercoaster (I'm sure people will be cursing now, saying the £6 token version is the true essence of this classic JPM). Even then, I question would it be worth it or just another different cab to get in the way, annoy the other half and gather dust?  

hall of fame dond is in classic form but no dx so photo;s would be very appreciated if possible 

as for flashback again thats only in classic form so would love photos of that aswell plus we need decent photos of the reel bands for flash back as atm we've only got the one's i did from an ebay pic for funny money especially the blue and super seven and global jackpot symbols

Edited by vectra666, 16 June 2017 - 09:22 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users