• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

Do you own a fruit-machine?

The author of MFME is adding coin and button sounds to the latest forthcoming release -

https://www.fruitemu...fect-wav-files/

In particular Wizard is looking for the sound of a single £1 coin being paid out of the hopper and into the payout tray of any game housed in the Barcrest Genesis 4 or 5 cabinet (such as Pie Factory, Psycho Cash Beast, any Red Gaming Hi-tech and so on).

Myself and others have tried to record sounds on our phones in noisy arcades with mixed results.

If anyone has such a machine at home and is able to record a sound better than in the attached examples, please do so and post it up in this thread.  It would be most appreciated by all in the FME scene :)

In addition to this, any other sounds related to coin-handling (coin in, coin paid out, coin rejected) and buttons being pressed in and out on other cabinets would I'm sure come in very handy in the not-too-distant future, so by all means post them up in this thread.

All the best,

Steve

Attached Files

Edited by stevedude2, 07 June 2017 - 02:05 PM.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#2 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

The problem you will face is that most microphones are setup for voice recording so most of the bass gets wiped out. The ideal solution is to take a machine down to a recording studio for an hour.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#3 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

The problem you will face is that most microphones are setup for voice recording so most of the bass gets wiped out. The ideal solution is to take a machine down to a recording studio for an hour.

So that is not going to happen - but let's be a bit positive here and a not negitive, back to the OP's request and let Wizard decide if the sound is usable or not.  I am sure he can edit when required as well.

#4 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

So that is not going to happen

Why not? It's what I did, only cost £25 for an hour.

#5 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

I just had the image of the Beatles pushing fruit machines along to the recording studio 😂

Attached Files

Posted Image

#6 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

3 machines ready to pay out, and one of them dead?

#7 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

Why not? It's what I did, only cost £25 for an hour.

That was a waste of money then.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#8 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

I've wasted far more than that on FME, £25 is a drop in the ocean.

Blues Boys was £150 alone, but ended up scrapped as I hadn't got the room and the game was a lot worse than I remembered. Bought solely for help working out the BWB CHR and bank switching.

Simpsons, Flashback, Billy The Quid, Monopoly Club (m1), Eastenders, Cluedo, Club 6-5 Special x 2, China Town Club, Road Hog, Cool Million (Which reminds me, is the sound for this fixed in MFME 5.x?), cash falls, and some others I have forgotten, all bought solely for FME to dump roms and resources and to look at boards in readyness for emulation.

Plus my JPM and Castle collection although I want to keep the actual machines forever so I don't see these as wasteful.

Plus the thousands of hours trying to teach myself how to emulate stuff. I did my bit trying to keep the torch alive while you were gone, did I always succeed, no, but at least I tried.

All in all £25 isn't a lot.

#9 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Hey Guitar.  Did you get any pics of Flashback?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hey Guitar.  Did you get any pics of Flashback?

J

I have 2 flashbacks, both Impulse, 1 on £5 1 on £25.00, though the £25 one has photocopied and laminated decals which is as i bought it. I am trying to obtain an A3 or ideally A2 scanner to get the glasses scanned as in their current location it is almost impossible to photo them without reflections all over the place.

#11 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

If you want the sound of a Triple 7 paying out, I could record that for you.

Its quite a "specific" sound lol.

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#12 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

If you want the sound of a Triple 7 paying out, I could record that for you.

Its quite a "specific" sound lol.

Thanks for the offer but I already have these sounds.

The only one I'm looking for is a £1 being payed out on a MPU4 or MPU5 Genesis cabinet or a matching set of coin out sounds 10p/Token/£1 from a MPU4 Solenoid Cabinet

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#13 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

When you consider that people would have killed for an update to MFME for many years, it's disappointing despite the request weeks ago and this holding up v5.2, no one who owns such a machine has provided you with what you need. :no:

#14 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

I used to think it was just me who used to ask for help and get nothing [most of the time]. Nice to see it happens to Wizard too. Nice isn't the right word, but you know what I mean.

I don't think it helps that the sounds required are from machines that are too new to be classic, and too old to be current.

#15 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:19 AM

I got mpu4 video £1 20p token but fires into metal tray.
Could try get better recordings from inside machine?.

#16 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

Didnt know you was after mpu 4 sounds too. I have two viva espanas in the roll top cabs. If someone tells me what to do i will get these for you, i mean what device on my phone do i use to record these sounds.
Hold the bells mate.

#17 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

I used app called wav recorder on phone.

#18 bullionbars2011

bullionbars2011

• Regulars
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

I have a bar x 7even if that's any pays out every 3 quid

#19 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Didnt know you was after mpu 4 sounds too. I have two viva espanas in the roll top cabs. If someone tells me what to do i will get these for you, i mean what device on my phone do i use to record these sounds.

Yes a complete set as the one I use for token at the moment obviously isn't a token ( it's a 5 coin 50p slide ). It's important that they all come from the same machine otherwise they don't match.

If you have a iPhone then the built in VoiceMemo app is perfectly good enough. Just record a 10p/20p/£1 and Token being payed out.

On MPU4/MPU5 Genesis cabs I'm just after a *single* £1 coin being payed by the hopper.and falling into the tray.

tbh it's about time some people get off their arses and give something back to the scene, rather than just always taking!

#20 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

Ok my phone is an Android one,will give it a blast.
Hold the bells mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users