Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

MFME cabinet build - the project begins.....

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#141 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1385 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

I had a touch screen build going on but the main problem was it wasn't comfy to use.  I do prefer a totally touch input as I don't want to have all the buttons.   I do use an 11" Dell Venue Pro Core i3 tabet, which plays very well. A tad small but in portrait mode is ok.

J

#142 uptown47

uptown47

• Gold Supporters
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

New here but this thread is awesome. Im looking for a home made fruit emu and I think I just found inspiration!! Really wanted to run on a rpi but a Windows PC May just be easier. I love your cab but the button placement issue - would a win 10 touchscreen make it any easier? The only thing is you then lose the proper push of a proper tactile fruity button. Not sure. I think your build is awesome.

Glad you've got some inspiration from all the cabinets that have been built so far and thank you for your kind words regarding my own build.

I (personally) steered away from a touchscreen for a number of reasons. Firstly cost. And secondly I really like the feel of whacking a real button for a skillstop or other such thing. Or higher/lower etc. Plus it might be ergonomically awkward hitting buttons at that angle?

It is personal taste though I suppose?

If/When you start your own build make sure you take a load of 'progress' pics and then you can share them in the forums :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users