Photo

MFME cabinet build - the project begins.....

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Silver Supporters
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

at home i have about 4 old 'mars 126' coin mech's is that what your using on your build?

Also are you just using the ipac controller for the mech outputs or is that what the s$&%#y centre board is for? luckily for myself because ive used an old jpm cabinet i have all the tube,chute and mech space ready to go. im not so worried about it paying out but would love to use a proper mech for credits. 

Thats an epic bit of wiring, makes mine look a bit stupid now lol.  :thumbs_up:

:thumbs_up:

#62 uptown47

uptown47

• Gold Supporters
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

at home i have about 4 old 'mars 126' coin mech's is that what your using on your build?

Also are you just using the ipac controller for the mech outputs or is that what the s$&%#y centre board is for? luckily for myself because ive used an old jpm cabinet i have all the tube,chute and mech space ready to go. im not so worried about it paying out but would love to use a proper mech for credits. 

Thats an epic bit of wiring, makes mine look a bit stupid now lol.  :thumbs_up:

:thumbs_up:

Hi Andy

Yep, I'm using a Cashflow 126 (mars). I don't suppose you have any of those "routing" plugs? I need a routing plug for my cashflow as I need to direct £1's into one hopper, 10p's into another and then all the other coins into a bucket or something.

The boards are 2 x pacdrives for the outputs (for the lamps etc), 1 iPac for the inputs (coin outputs from cashflow, button presses etc) and then the middle board is a Hopper Driver which talks to the hopper(s) and makes them pay out however many coins are needed.

Glad you like the wiring. I used to build electrical panels for a living so still have all the wire crimpers, ferrules, cable numbers etc. 

I've just numbered all the inputs as ... iPac board number plus a cable number - so, for instance, pin 1 on iPac board 1 is number "11". Pin 2 is 12 etc.

On iPac board 2 then the numbering starts at "21" etc.

It just makes it a lot easier when trying to trace faults if you have cable numbers (just takes a lot longer to wire up!).

I haven't got any chutes etc so I'm using some pond pipe (40mm diameter) that No1Stoney recommended to me. :) :)

Hope your build is coming along well mate :)

#63 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Silver Supporters
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hi Andy

Yep, I'm using a Cashflow 126 (mars). I don't suppose you have any of those "routing" plugs? I need a routing plug for my cashflow as I need to direct £1's into one hopper, 10p's into another and then all the other coins into a bucket or something.

The boards are 2 x pacdrives for the outputs (for the lamps etc), 1 iPac for the inputs (coin outputs from cashflow, button presses etc) and then the middle board is a Hopper Driver which talks to the hopper(s) and makes them pay out however many coins are needed.

Glad you like the wiring. I used to build electrical panels for a living so still have all the wire crimpers, ferrules, cable numbers etc. 

I've just numbered all the inputs as ... iPac board number plus a cable number - so, for instance, pin 1 on iPac board 1 is number "11". Pin 2 is 12 etc.

It just makes it a lot easier when trying to trace faults if you have cable numbers (just takes a lot longer to wire up!).

I haven't got any chutes etc so I'm using some pond pipe (40mm diameter) that No1Stoney recommended to me. :) :)

I might have one. I'll check tomorrow what's in my box of spares. I think my dads fruity has a spare plug that says mars on it. I have everything ready for my build other than a monitor. Once I have monitor I can finish it. But as I'm also distracted by making an acoustic drum kit into an electric one its a nightmare. the wife said I need to stop spending money. Haha

#64 uptown47

uptown47

• Gold Supporters
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:48 AM

That would be great if you could have a look. I'd obviously give you something for it (whatever the going rate is?).

That drum kit project sounds interesting. You'll have to stick a quick YouTube video up when you're done. Would be great to see/hear them. :) :)

Edited by uptown47, 19 June 2017 - 05:49 AM.

#65 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Silver Supporters
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

Hi Andy

yo, is a routing plug what the arrow is pointing to in this attached picture? Attached File  routing plug.png   1.85MB   0 downloads

#66 uptown47

uptown47

• Gold Supporters
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

Yes! That's the fella. Are you selling it? Or are you using it?

Cheers :)

#67 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Silver Supporters
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

Next time I'm round my old mans, As this is one I let him have, I'll swipe it out and send it to you. No cost. This site has done plenty for me. When I have it I'll pm your for your address.

#68 uptown47

uptown47

• Gold Supporters
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:30 AM

Next time I'm round my old mans, As this is one I let him have, I'll swipe it out and send it to you. No cost. This site has done plenty for me. When I have it I'll pm your for your address.

That's brilliant Andy but I insist that I at least paypal you something for the postage and a pint!

That'll be really appreciated. Just PM me and I'll fire over my address.

You're a star! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users