• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 laurens

laurens

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

Hi there!

We've purchased a 2006 Barcrest 'Golden Arrow' from a bankruptcy auction, thinking it would be great for in the office. Really love em!

It included all the keys but not the manual, hey how hard could it be  :rolleyes: ?

Well, I've spent many, many hours ready and I've leant a lot. Changing volume, accessing logs and settings etc etc. 

It's a MPU5 but gives error 'No Datapak' when I try to fill or empty the hoppers with the refill key.

Reading some more I'm guessing we have the D-version of the software on the Program Card. 

I also know this can't be changed by flipping the setting switch on the MPU5 board, so it's programmed in the eprom's, correct?

So any tips how we can change the software version to a 'normal' non-data pak mode?

Need to use an Eprom reader and change something? Or are there files out there we can use?

Or could we use another MPU5 Program Card altogether? 

Really want to get this thing up and running but without the need for the Datapak.

Attached Files

#2 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

You either need a datapak or you need to have new eproms burned that are standard and non data.

You would need to find the exact rom files you need.

Not sure if a data sec/boot chip from a non data romset would run a standard romset. This may be the hard part to find.

#3 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

The datapak was in use when i worked for a bettingshop years ago, the idea is you plug the unit/datapak in and this thing would read all the I/O figures and either relay them or store them for data retreval.

Could you look inside and see if their is a datapak present? they are different shapes and sizes, but notably it will have a long RS232 cable attaching it to the motherboard. Hopefully reattaching it should solve the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users