Photo

Anyone know how to adjust what keys put what amounts into the machine?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to add other keys that will put other values of coins into the machine?

I know "0" adds a £1 but where is this set and is it possible to edit a machine so that "p" adds 10p and "i" adds 20p or whatever?

I'm just looking at how I could tie a machine in with an iPac and a real coin mechanism.

Is this easy to do or will I just have to have the machine only accept £1 coins?

Thanks (as always) :-)

#2 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

You will need to create a button on EACH layout for EACH coin value.

So you will need to add 4 extra buttons to each layout you want to convert, one for each of 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p inputs

If you use a cashflow coin mech, the 50p is pulsed 4 times for £2 so won't need an extra button creating for £2 coins

Edit: just move the buttons out of sight of the layout when you've created them so you don't see them on the screen

Edited by No1Stoney, 26 May 2017 - 05:07 PM.

#3 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

You will need to create a button on EACH layout for EACH coin value.

So you will need to add 4 extra buttons to each layout you want to convert, one for each of 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p inputs

If you use a cashflow coin mech, the 50p is pulsed 4 times for £2 so won't need an extra button creating for £2 coins

Edit: just move the buttons out of sight of the layout when you've created them so you don't see them on the screen

Hi No.1 Thanks for the info. Yep, it will be a Cash Flow coin mech.

Is there a 'guide' anywhere on creating buttons on the editor? Or some noddy guide on changing the editor anywhere that I can read and hopefully digest?

Thanks again for your help :-)

#4 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

Right, I've been having a play around with this for a bit this morning. I've managed to copy the "coin slot" button and reassign it to a different button number operating from the "J" key.

Unfortunately it doesn't do anything when I press "J".

I couldn't see anywhere in it's "properties" that denoted what the button *did* (i.e. increment the amount in the machine by 100 pence). 

I've looked on the net for a 'guide' and found reference to "building_a_layout__by_munsta.doc" but the link is dead.

I'm a monkey on a new tree here and wondered if anyone has either a guide on using the editor? Or just some pointers on copying the £1 in button and changing the copied buttons values to 10p, 20p, 50p etc?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I really don't want to come across as a "give me all the answers because I can't be a*sed to do the work" type of bloke because, I assure you, I'm not so even just a few hints would be fine. I'm just struggling at the moment to see how we go from a button in the Component List to it's actual function on the machine and I can't seem to find a page in the editor that links those?

I thought that maybe the EM (?) Editor would be something but, if I go in there and try and Load Current Game (thinking it would bring in all the assets and allow me to see/manipulate their functionality) it doesn't do anything?

Thanks for any help you can give me :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users