• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Hi all,

I thought I'd ordered some stuff last night from Arcade World but it ends up that I didn't (must have got distracted before I completed the purchase).

I was going to buy a couple of PacDrives to use with MFME but wondered if MFME was compatible with this PacLED64 which gives more outputs and also the ability to vary intensity and colour of leds etc?

https://www.arcadewo...Controller.html

Anyone know whether this would work?

I was just going to stick with PacDrives (https://www.arcadewo...iver-Board.html) as I've already read that they work fine but then I also read somewhere about developments to make the lights on MFME different brightnesses and also multiple colours on the one button (like making buttons go Red instead of White if it's a better feature etc) ?

Anyone shed any light on this before I place my order?

#2 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

No it doesn't support the PacLED64, and it not likely to as it's too slow to use with MFME

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#3 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

No it doesn't support the PacLED64, and it not likely to as it's too slow to use with MFME

Okeedokee. Thanks for the info Wizard. I feel sometimes that this forum should just be renamed to "Ask Wizard!" :-)

I hope you know that all your help and advice is really appreciated mate :-)

#4 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

I would be buying the PacDrives from the original source, not a reseller ( http://www.ultimarc....t.php?xProd=111).

Also note - regardless of the site showing it's prices in $ ( you can change to £ ) and the site looking a little clunky, you are buying from the supplier and he is in the UK.

Make sure that any PacDrives you order has the "Special (Outputs OFF at power on)" set.  This is only possible to order Pac-drive #1 like this.

For multiple, contact Andy via the contact button here ( http://www.ultimarc.com/contact.html) and give him the order number as soon as you've ordered to ensure that any Pac-drives are all set to "Special (Outputs OFF at power on)".

Also note that PacDrives must NOT have the same ID, all ID's must be seperate.  IE, #1, #2, #3 and #4.  They must also have the Special (Outputs OFF at power on) option. 

There is a reason a lot of this post is duplicate and the same point made time and time and time again.  It's because it's the right thing to do and as shown, I've already made a keyboard.

Attached File  170329_001.jpg   160.1KB   0 downloads

PS - The next version of this will have real fruit machine buttons.

Edited by Reg, 26 May 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#5 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

I would be buying the PacDrives from the original source, not a reseller ( http://www.ultimarc....t.php?xProd=111).

Also note - regardless of the site showing it's prices in $ ( you can change to £ ) and the site looking a little clunky, you are buying from the supplier and he is in the UK.

Make sure that any PacDrives you order has the "Special (Outputs OFF at power on)" set.  This is only possible to order Pac-drive #1 like this.

For multiple, contact Andy via the contact button here ( http://www.ultimarc.com/contact.html) and give him the order number as soon as you've ordered to ensure that any Pac-drives are all set to "Special (Outputs OFF at power on)".

Also note that PacDrives must NOT have the same ID, all ID's must be seperate.  IE, #1, #2, #3 and #4.  They must also have the Special (Outputs OFF at power on) option. 

There is a reason a lot of this post is duplicate and the same point made time and time and time again.  It's because it's the right thing to do and as shown, I've already made a keyboard.

attachicon.gif170329_001.jpg

PS - The next version of this will have real fruit machine buttons.

Hi Reg

Your button panel is brilliant and one of the things that inspired me to have a go myself. :-)

I've just placed my order with Andy at Ultimarc.

I went on the site yesterday when Wizard mentioned it but was put off with the currency in dollars as I thought they must be based in the US. I didn't realise they were UK.

I've ordered 2 pacdrives (different ID's) and a iPac and some illuminated round buttons for the "Top Glass" part of the machine (I've already got some square buttons from Paul that you put me on to from eBay :-))

I've emailed Andy and asked for the Special setting to be set so that the outputs stay off until needed.

Thanks again for all your help and guidance. I'm looking forward to getting everything in and then I can start working on getting it all talking together and working :-)

#6 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Okeedokee. Thanks for the info Wizard. I feel sometimes that this forum should just be renamed to "Ask Wizard!" :-)

I hope you know that all your help and advice is really appreciated mate :-)

No problem, I know a little afterall I wrote the MFME emulator :cute:

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#7 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

No problem, I know a little afterall I wrote the MFME emulator :cute:

Yep... and for that, you'll always be a hero in my eyes :-)

#8 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

stupid question probably  is it possible to connect the buttons directly  to the pac drive direct and then map the buttons(eg with xpadder) .

#9 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

stupid question probably  is it possible to connect the buttons directly  to the pac drive direct and then map the buttons(eg with xpadder) .

Hi Ritdav, the pacdrive is purely for outputs. So driving LEDs normally (low current outputs).

If you want to take inputs from the buttons you need an iPac (or other keyboard encoder) and then you just connect Button X to Input 1 and in the software supplied with the iPac tell it that when Input 1 is "on" you want to 'press' the spacebar (for example).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users