• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 old codger

old codger

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hello,

I have a Barcrest Jailbirds with  2006 Horizon cabinet MPU5 , the coin mechanism is Money Controls SR5 mars 9524e and the hoppers are MkII serial £1.

What I would like to do is use the old shilling or similar to use my machine without having to put £1 coins in , the reason is that my many grandchildren use this machine and keep taking the 'winnings' and I keep running out of old £1 coins , my machine doesn't take the new pound coin.!!!

Could the coin control unit be reprogrammed to use another coin , my friend's fruit machine accepts the old shilling , but his machine is a very old model .

Any help or suggestions ? My knowledge is very limited with these new machines , but I'm very willing to learn.

Thanks in advance,Neale.

Attached Files

#2 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

You would have to get the mech reprogrammed, then you may have problems with them paying out, try some in the hopper and see what happens.

#3 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

sent you a PM  codger, 

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

not a clue on coinage but can we ask something from you, any chance of some hi res pics of your machine for emulation purposes please

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Hi you Old Codger, welcome to Fruit-Emu. really good to have another Old Codger on the site apart from myself. I think you should explain to the majority of members who are post decimal, as to what a Shilling is.

It was 12 old pence, you needed 20 shillings to make a pound. You also had 2 sixpences or 4 threepenny bits to make a shilling.It was so simple in those days, Ha Ha Ha no it wasn't it was a nightmare.

I seem to remember most shillings ended up in the gas meter !!!!

Good Luck with the conversion.

Regards

Ricardo

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#6 old codger

old codger

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Hello vectra666,

I can send photos of the machine ,which parts do you want me to take the photos of ?

It's a 'real fruit machine' Barcrest Jailbirds game.

Yes, ricardo de ponsa , I did forget that some people wouldn't know what a shilling was !!

Cheers fromNeale.

#7 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

960 Farthing's in a pound. MAD!!

m

#8 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

not a clue on coinage but can we ask something from you, any chance of some hi res pics of your machine for emulation purposes please

Already got images of this and have it set up,just needed some clearer cash decals which are a little blurred on the imges i have.

Hold the bells mate.

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

Already got images of this and have it set up,just needed some clearer cash decals which are a little blurred on the imges i have.

No probs Tommy,
To of codger as Tommy C above has stated we already have the machine images but are in need of the cash decals so any chance of upping some hi res images of those please.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#10 old codger

old codger

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Hello vectra666,

I'm not sure by what you mean cash decals ! Do you mean the cash images down the right-hand side of the machine and the cash images at the top of the machine , I put a photo of my machine on the original post , so if you possibly let me know the I'll take a few photos.

Cheers for now,Neale.

P.S Would anyone recommend a good fruit machine engineer to alter the cash control as per my original post ? I've tried a local one and he wasn't very helpful ,to put it mildly !

#11 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

Closer pictures or scans of the things ringed on the picture i believe.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

#12 old codger

old codger

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hello Matty.N,

I've attached some photos which I took of some spare cash lists that I've got as spares , I can take some of the actual machine, but at the moment the sun is very strong and it reflects on the glass front of the machine. When the sun isn't shinning I'll take some photos of the actual machine cash lists.

I've got my machine in the conservatory , not the ideal place I admit.

Cheers from Neale.

Attached Files

#13 old codger

old codger

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Hello ,

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with my questions ,I now have my machine working with £1 tokens instead of £1 coins due to the help given on this forum. Myself and of course the grandchildren really like playing with this machine and I like my wallet not being empty !!

Regards from Neale.

#14 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Could you upload them pics as a zip file old codger.

Thanks.

#15 old codger

old codger

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Hello richy1976,

I've attached the files as Zip files , if there are any other I missed ,then let me know and I'll take some more photos.

Cheers from Neale.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users