#1 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hi dudes, 

Thought i'd start this thread with a new venture ive started, ive always wanted to have a fruit machine cabinet that can emulate all the games in one place and since this new update of mfme 5.1. i think i can get there now. 

So i started with adopting a new mission for my old indy Attached File  IMG_0052.JPG   132.92KB   1 downloads

i first looked into a button interface as i had seen another user on here do a MFME button type box (REG) i think. so that was what started me off. so i took a dive a bought this thing Attached File  ipac2_top.jpg   94.09KB   1 downloads

once connected via usb (no software needed this thing just works!!) you can connect the buttons up to work. i thought i'd do a test run before i sacrificed indy Attached File  I pac mockup.jpg   61.43KB   1 downloads.

once i could see that this worked, i went to work dismantleing indy.Attached File  IMG_0054.JPG   120.88KB   1 downloads. i didnt get any wiring with the I-PAC controller so i used the fruit machine wiring in situ. i seperated each button wire and the ground wire..... Attached File  IMG_0058.JPG   83.15KB   1 downloads

then ive hooked it up Attached File  IMG_0060.JPG   84.54KB   1 downloads.

okay im not very good at this technical stuff but if someone else tries this i could help better... 

heres a couple of videos aswell of it working....

I plan to paint all the plastic on indy white Attached File  IMG_0046.JPG   86.95KB   1 downloads and im hoping the finished arcticle will be able to be a mame cabinet to, a curved sumsung 32inch LED monitor will fit perfectly with some perspex covering up the outer edges (if i get a touch screen it will solve problems with games that have buttons up high)... and im hoping to get a PAC controller to make button lights work soon. 

Anyway this is a work in progress. Enjoy. 

i cant seem to upload my videos i might have to upload to youtube unless someone can tell me how to do it? 

oh, my indy was buggered, so as i gave up trying to fix it. processor board and battery were knackered. so thats why i went ahead...

#2 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

here's a quick vid https://youtu.be/r_yII-7xD7A

#3 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

keep us updated. :) shame u had to sacfrice an indy. :(

awsome project though. :)

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#4 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Awesome work !!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Please continue to update this thread, this is just so damn cool to see things like this.

#5 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Will keep you guys posted don't worry. Indy was screwed. Been sitting in my garage for a year. Power and processor board was knackered. What with re programming coin mech to just couldn't be arsed. I've kept all the spares though just in case. I acquire another one in distant future..

#6 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Looking good, look forward to seeing the finished article.

#7 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

Looking grand  so far that is.

#8 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:30 AM

Reminds me of when Russ made his fruit machine many many years ago

http://www.russdx.ds...com/project.htm

Edited by Johnnyafc, 22 May 2017 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

#9 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

Looking good! Keep us posted.
poker

#10 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Reminds me of when Russ made his fruit machine many many years ago

http://www.russdx.ds...com/project.htm

That too was an awesome piece of work by him back then.  On reflection that never got the praise of the credit it deserved IMO.

The scene was too busy waging the next war to take a look at some of the finer things in life.

Russ - if you are reading this, it's like fifteen years too late - but awesome work mate.

#11 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

This is a brilliant thread as it's exactly what I'm planning on doing later in the year. Will be very interested to see how it develops but it's looking brilliant so far!

Great work! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users